Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: W.R. Report

mtbr member

W.R. Report

How was it this weekend and how about a pic if you like.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

More Torque
    Most excellent. Hope others made the best of the great weather as well.

-D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails W.R. Report-img_1405.jpg  

HTFU!

Epic Ride!

Four of us started at Harmony Ridge Market in Nevada City and rode down to Round Mountain to South Yuba, on to the town of Washington, then up to Pioneer trail and back to the cars. ~52 miles with 8000'. Many amazing views along the way and a TON of poison oak (applied Technu 3x during the ride). Two guys took tumbles down the ravine, only one was injured but he finished the ride bruised and bloody (the other was only bruised). Good weather, good company, good times!

Below is the ride Stravafied. FWIW my phone screwed up and I lost the last 10 miles, but whatever, you get the idea.

W.R. Report-012.jpgW.R. Report-015.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow sounds like a heck of a ride...I've been stuck local for a few weeks now with my wife in the hospital (coming home soon!), so I was only able to sneak out for a couple of hours yesterday in briones. Here's one of the views, it won't stay looking like this very long, and in fact I think the peak green may be past already...

mtbr member

4/20/13 report

Easy run up Kennedy on Saturday with John followed up with a 2 mile run. Today Limekiln run to El Sombroso with a fast pace climb out ... back the way we came deal. LG man and myself ... hey 19 nice job bro ! Saw a fox eating deer crap on p pole. W.R. Report-0418131212.jpg Snakee at the Kennedy potty a few days ago.
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 04-21-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

dude with orange car
    A PlimRide PlimReport, by Plim:

For the first time in 5 1/2 months, I rode a bicycle on dirt. CHUM was there. It was fun. Then we drank beer. The end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails W.R. Report-img_1145.jpg  

W.R. Report-img_1146.jpg  

This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Quote Originally Posted by Plim View Post
    I rode a bicycle on dirt. It was fun. Then we drank beer. The end.
    Edited for brevity.
    Don't harsh my mello

padded
    Ride of the year (so far) at Demo. I rode until I could ride no more, and it was good.
    Demo is super fast right now, go get some before it gets dusty and loose.
    "You are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met."

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Rode three new trails I have not been before in Coe. All "ridden" in the wrong direction. My planning sucked.

Took both kids to a climbing gym today, first time for 4 year old. Little one scares me, he thinks dangling on a rope three stories up in the air is perfectly normal.

Sweater

W.R. Report

A short ride in Auburn on Saturday and an even shorter ride at Granite bay on Sunday. The weather was great, trails in good shape. It was good to get out and ride.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***

Puro Vida!

W.R. Report

Ridin High and myself partook in some Demo fun-W.R. Report-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366655580.077209.jpg

Trail Blazer
    nelson34 rode braille on his fat bike.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Damn S.O.B. that one big ride!! nice work!

I ended up racing the Pro/Cat 1 SS race at Sea Otter. Pretty stoked that I was able to get on the podium and nab a 3rd place! Haven't ever really done that well in this category in the past, but trained my ass off this year and it came together. Hung around in 5th place for most the first lap, then passed both Dax Massey and Andy Jaques-Maynes on the Goat Trail climb at the end of the first lap, then I kind of rode all alone in no-man's land for all of lap 2 trying to stay away from those guys and try to close the gap to 2nd. It was super hot on the first lap though, and I raced with a 70 oz camelback and i basically drained it by the end of Lap 1! So I had to dial back the pace a smidge since I was out of water on Lap 2.

That's Evan Plews from Salem, OR in 1st, and Scotty Carlile from Bend, OR in 2nd. Full results are here: http://www.seaotterclassic.com/pdf/r...osscountry.pdf
    W.R. Report-shevockseaotter.jpg

Dropshot Champ!
    great weekend of riding. Left thurs for sea otter and did sf/alpine dam/7 sisters/tam/stinson/hwy1/sf with some friends. Rode around sea otter on friday. Rode from laguna seca out to pebble beach/carmel/17mi drive on sat.

And thankfully got some dirt in on the way home. Did demo and got my first ride down that one trail, then down corral, up sulphur, down braille.

Got to spin a little with the buy/sell ibis team after drinking beer with them the night before. SS beasts. Cesar, Tim Cannard and all those guys just rip up climbs.

Chugged a beer with the angry singlespeeder and then got to ride with him...for like 2 minutes...his disco ball helmet is awesome.

W.R. Report-931433_679053325454262_1159394747_n.jpg

W.R. Report-315693_679053178787610_2133878921_n.jpg

W.R. Report-64419_676922122334049_418165864_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Finally got my edit done.

Last weekend I spent time in BMX heaven at Woodward West Old School BMX Reunion. Got to meet, ride with and hang out with BMX legends, such as all the riders from the movie "Rad", Mat Hoffman, etc. It was ridiculous and looking forward to next year. MegaRamp was/is the gnarliest, scariest thing I've ever seen in my life. I did NOT ride it.

The vibe was the most positive experience I've ever had on any bike, hands down. It's something else to get riding respect and cheers from top riders, the guys I idolized growing up. Very weird to have a 10min. long conversation with Mat Hoffman about GoPro cameras.

I also got to meet Jose Yanez - the first man to ever pull a back-flip on a BMX bike. BTW, he's in his late 50's and can still do back-flips.

NorCal had a great showing, and it was the 30th anniversary of the legendary Freestyle BMX crew Curb Dogs from SF. I was invited to be in all their photos and group shots as being part of that in a small way. I forgot how much BMX is such a part of my life.

mtbr member
    I got in a great Demo run with Dirtvert Saturday. Perfect weather and the the trails were awesome. Corral was a bit beat down and the landing on the tree drop at the fireroad intersection is super harsh...so harsh in fact that I pinch flatted my front tire...not fun. Flatted again (rear) on Braille but still had a frickin' blast out there.

OT: Holy crap. Did anyone ride today? Brutal! I took a noon ride up here in LG and had to call it quits after an hour. Car registered at 96. Saw three snakes on the trail (had to scoot two rattle snakes off the trails last week). Though we got a cooling trend coming, I have a feeling this summer is going to be a scorcher. Time to start up those 6am rides again...
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

W.R. Report

Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    OT: Holy crap. Did anyone ride today? Brutal! I took a noon ride up here in LG and had to call it quits after an hour. Car registered at 96. Saw three snakes on the trail (had to scoot two rattle snakes off the trails last week). Though we got a cooling trend coming, I have a feeling this summer is going to be a scorcher. Time to start up those 6am rides again...
    Amen, holmes. Didn't have any client meetings this evening, so I rode kinda late as it started to cool down (like 5:30pm). This summer is gonna suck.

Sent from CouchPad via Outer Space

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Finally got my edit done.

Last weekend I spent time in BMX heaven at Woodward West Old School BMX Reunion. Got to meet, ride with and hang out with BMX legends, such as all the riders from the movie "Rad", Mat Hoffman, etc.
    Awesome vid! Many of my childhood idols were there! Stoked to see "Dyno" Dave Volker was on the scene! I was lucky enough to meet him and Josh White when the GT/Dyno team did a demo back in like 89 or 90. I was one of the lucky few that got picked from the crown to be bunny hopped by Josh (I think he hopped 9 people?), it is one of my favorite childhood memories.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalRider76 View Post
    Awesome vid! Many of my childhood idols were there! Stoked to see "Dyno" Dave Volker was on the scene! I was lucky enough to meet him and Josh White when the GT/Dyno team did a demo back in like 89 or 90. I was one of the lucky few that got picked from the crown to be bunny hopped by Josh (I think he hopped 9 people?), it is one of my favorite childhood memories.
    HA! Lord Volker was totally cool. He still rips to this day.

On Sunday morning, he was pushing his bike out of his room and NorCal was up and ready to go. He says, "Looks like NorCal is UP!"

Eddie Fiola was the first guy I met when I arrived - he was SUCH a nice guy... he now has a GT Pro Performer retro frame, fork and bars coming out with modern street geometry. He had a few versions at the OSBMXR, from flatland to park to street - all very bad-ass.

The other guy I got the hang with a lot was Dave Nourie, famous for his trackstand trick called "The Gumby" - super cool guy and still rides a coaster brake!

Martin Aparijo was there as well, and it was surreal to be jamming in a flatland circle with these guys who I idolized growing up.

They had a screening of the movie "Rad" and all the riders from that showed up. It was cool to hear them talk about the "behind-the-scenes" of the movie, even their comments about the girls (!). And I nearly died when the famous "Send Me and Angel" dance scene came up and Eddie Fiola and Martin Aparijo talked through the entire thing (they were the riders for that scene).

I can't wait until next year. Like I said, out of all the MTB'ing and roadie stuff I've done, this, by far, was the most positive bike related thing I've ever gone to. Inspired my own BMX riding in a big way, as well.

A lot of these O.G's are still doing shows and demos for schools, churches, shops and small town events. As some of these guys are nearing 50 (and some OVER 50), they all still rip on the 20". And I'm talking some are riding big vert still which is scary as hell.

A lot of these guys ride MTB's, too. As you can see, Brett Downs demonstrates this is what happens when you send a BMX'er to do a MTBer's job!

W.R. Report-891558_10151373804631342_1444881869_o.jpg
    Last edited by Dion; 04-23-2013 at 08:32 AM.

swag ho Administrator
    What is W.R. ?

IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    What is W.R. ?

Weekend Ride

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Weekend Ride
    Ancient, call it Weekend Ride Report. Put a date on it it too. This is a good idea so make it less cryptic.

Or super cryptic like WRRAR RAD RAWR
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Omg fc
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

swag ho Administrator
    Omg fc
    htfu bro fu2 pyt rofl lols

For last weekend, I collected stickers with the kids!!!

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Omg fc
    tl/dr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast