bikerbert

Volunteers needed for Gran Fondo Bella Cipresso MTB Experimentr

Based on the success of our previous MTBR experiments, INTEGRATE Performance Fitness in Mountain View is looking for four volunteers for an 8-week Gran Fondo Bella Cipresso MTB experiment.

***Previous MTBR experiment participants are not eligible.

Participants will engage in training both on and off the bike. The goal of this program is to:

1) Strengthen core muscles to improve handling skills, speed recovery, increase flexibility, get rid of joint aches and pains, improve BOTH climbing speed and power.
    - This will take place in our cycling specific core strength class Tue/Thu 7am group training session taught by Al Painter, NASM CES, PES.

2) Improve lactate threshold, increase VO2 max, achieve higher lactic acid buffeting in the legs, turn over a higher cadence and become much more efficient with energy output.
    - You will be given a 3-day/week on the bike training program that will be delivered via Training Peaks
    - Participants will follow the proven protocols used for our Maximum Velocity Program (MVP).

MVP produced 67 PR's and 19 KOM's on Strava in ONE weekend June 24-26. It also had 11 riders PR on Old La Honda Rd on 6/21. This training program works.

This training series will start Tuesday July 5, 2011 and go through Thursday Oct 6, 2011. Cost is FREE. For more information, please send an email to info@integratefitness.com.

YOU MUST LIVE IN THE MOUNTAIN VIEW AREA, AND BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE TU/TH 7AM SESSIONS AS WELL AS TUE NIGHT BIKE WORKOUTS TO BE ELIGIBLE.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If you're thinking about doing the, Gran Fondo Bella Cipresso, and can make it to the workouts I say do it!

I did, Al's, training experiment for the, Sea Otter Gran Fondo, and it made a huge difference in my riding. After completing the program my legs were stronger and I had more power to clear technical climbs and sprints. You don't have to be a hard core cyclist to do it. I ride for fun and had never raced before but I'm glad I did the program. Plus my pants fit better now!!

Al, also does a great job making the class fun. It's not some drill instructor yelling at you for an hour but more like a fun P.E class you might have had in school. (When they still had P.E.) There's plenty of joking around that goes on with, Al, and the other participants. You leave tired and entertained!

If you’ve ever wondered how much of a better rider you would be with some training and can make the commitment to do it, you'll be glad you did!!

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Well Teddyballgame said it better than I can but +1 for Als program. Its fun and it works.

Mileage Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerbert View Post
    Based on the success of our previous MTBR experiments, INTEGRATE Performance Fitness in Mountain View is looking for four volunteers for an 8-week Gran Fondo Bella Cipresso MTB experiment.
    Yo. Stop spamming this site. This is so sleazy, much like those sweepstakes I've already won and the solicitations for 'experimental new drugs'.

You only pop in here to pimp your business so i hope you get kicked out.

aka baycat
    BUY AN AD and support the site!

bikerbert
    Just sent Forest an email to check on prices.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Al's program is good. You notice the difference in a short time. He keeps it interesting and the group dynamic there. I won't rehash what was said above.

As for this being spam, that's a grey area for the mods to decide. The training is free and for that he works on his training techniques. Sounds like a win/win to me.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.