Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelbolt View Post
    Yo... let's hook up at 7:30am Sunday. What frame did you order?
    That should work for me, I got a fresh set of tires on today, ready to rip up Bidwell. My hotel is at 2035 Business Ln. I'm just going to ride up Forest and cut through lower park to the good stuff, wheres a good meeting spot?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    I'll be riding Saturday and Sunday morning as well, so if you want another rider just PM me. My frame has been on order for a couple weeks and just came in so I'm itching to get out there!

@IrieRider: Starting around 8am or earlier on those really hot days is a good idea. You'll be able to finish up before it tops 90F. As others have said, I'd skip going down Bloody Pin. Annie Bidwell is a fine trail but pales in comparison to Guardian. Once you cross the creek, just head up 10 Mile House Rd up the Guardian and ride it all the way back, it's a great ride!
    Thanks for all the info man and good deal with the new frame, I'd definitely like to ride Saturday too and would be pumped to have another rider. I could meet around 7:30 Saturday also, how would that work for you?

mtbr member
    7:30am works good for me. Let's meet at the Hooker Oak Parking lot, it's in that link on my previous post. I'll be the short guy on the black and white Cannondale.

Gotta pimp it!
    Last edited by TwoHeadsBrewing; 06-15-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    "Got everything you need?"

Butcher
    7:30am works good for me. Let's meet at the Hooker Oak Parking lot, it's in that link on my previous post. I'll be the short guy on the black and white Cannondale.

Gotta pimp it!
    Nice ride!

See you there... and for IrieRider... I'll be the fat guy on the heavy white butcher stretching next to the short guy on the black and white Cannondale.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Good deal! Heading out after work today, I'll plan on meeting you guys there at 7:30 tomorrow.

I'll be the lost looking guy on a black and yellow Camber

Butcher
    Quote Originally Posted by IrieRider View Post
    Good deal! Heading out after work today, I'll plan on meeting you guys there at 7:30 tomorrow.

I'll be the lost looking guy on a black and yellow Camber
    I won't be there tomorrow... but I will on sunday. Hopefully you'll make that one too.

mtbr member
    I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday...see ya there!

singletrack bound
    I was on lake Oroville all afternoon, now sitting in camp @ Loafer Campground.
    It's pretty damn hot! Better go early and bring TONS of fluids!
    Tone~
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    Tone~
    Yep, starting out at 7:30am. Should be around 75F to start and rising to 95F by noon. And after that I plan on having a cold drink in one hand and sitting next to some water.

Ride Responsibly
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    Tone~
    That is the location of the 24 Hours of Gold, the "Group Camps" and all the horse trails.
    End of October!

singletrack bound
    So. We saw 107 degrees around 5:00 Saturday coming down from Lime Saddle.
    The heat was stifling.
    Heading back to Aptos today
    Sorrel Seeker !!

Vegan Athlete
    My plan was to run into you guys today, all planned to leave at 7:15 and all. Since I woke up at 7:30 I had to reorganize my plan. Got started at 9am and managed a Civil War (North Rim, B, Middle, Guardians, South Rim, 10 Mile, Guardians) on the 29'er hardtail. It was HOT.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

mtbr member
    Sorry we missed you, but glad we didn't ride in your "Civil War".

Sounds like an awesome epic to do, but maybe when it's a bit cooler out!

Butcher
    Sorry we missed you, but glad we didn't ride in your "Civil War".

Sounds like an awesome epic to do, but maybe when it's a bit cooler out!
    No doubt. I spent 3 hours in the pool after our ride... and we finished at 9:30, right? !!

I was a mess... definitely not ready for the heat rides yet.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Bidwell sure did a # on me!

TwoHeads was awesome and showed me around to the Chico goods, definitely pretty stout riding out there! Bidwell left its mark on my wheels, 2 flats and a dented rim inhibiting a good seal put a bit of a damper on my Guardians experience but overall I had a great time on the trails! I was crazy dehydrated from the Chico heat and riding with a hangover when I got back to my hotel room, I puked, drank a gatorade and took a 3 hr nap!

Hoping I can make it up in August to ride the Bump!

mtbr member
    You did awesome on your first trip to Bidwell, and as you saw it's a challenging trail system with lots of ride options. You did one of the top 3 hardest routes in the park...that was a LOT of climbing and you got to see some of the hardest descents...and in the hot summer heat too. Hopefully you still had a good time and I didn't push the pace too hard!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    You did awesome on your first trip to Bidwell, and as you saw it's a challenging trail system with lots of ride options. You did one of the top 3 hardest routes in the park...that was a LOT of climbing and you got to see some of the hardest descents...and in the hot summer heat too. Hopefully you still had a good time and I didn't push the pace too hard!
    Definitely not too hard at all man, I had an awesome time! I'm looking forward to coming back up to Chico to hit up Bidwell again. Thanks again for being an awesome guide!

Vegan Athlete
    Quote Originally Posted by IrieRider View Post
    I was crazy dehydrated from the Chico heat and riding with a hangover when I got back to my hotel room, I puked, drank a gatorade and took a 3 hr nap!
    Nice!
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2