Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 134
  1. #1
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,233

    Video of the day.

    I was going to post this in picture fo the day but....

    Finding Oregon from Uncage the Soul Productions on Vimeo.


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beaverbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,915
    holy crap that was sick

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carl Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    If I had to guess (and by looking at their website) this was shot with a camera that costs less than most of our bikes. Truly amazing work! Thanks for posting Francois.

  4. #4
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,233
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverbiker View Post
    holy crap that was sick
    Yeah, what planet is that?

    My TV can do HD and stream internet. This deserves to be on the big screen.

    fc

  5. #5
    ST HO
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    42
    Amazing photography. BTW, nice video of the DH mountain riding in Spain. ...speaking of riding in Spain: KTM FREERIDE E ROCKIN' BARCELONA - YouTube

  6. #6
    ~~~
    Reputation: tburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,880
    Waaaay cool!

    Does anyone know what the double rainbow means?

  7. #7
    ~~~
    Reputation: tburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by jsheldon View Post
    Amazing photography. BTW, nice video of the DH mountain riding in Spain. ...speaking of riding in Spain: KTM FREERIDE E ROCKIN' BARCELONA - YouTube
    Need one of those KTMs for Skeggs.

  8. #8
    GMM
    GMM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    843
    Awesome, thanks for posting.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,006
    As I watched the first seconds of the video I groaned at the panning time lapse video and thought how cliched/templated outdoor videos on vimeo seem to be. Somewhere along the way I got over it and wondered if it was a commercial for MSR instead. :-)

    Anyone know how the long exposure but moving stars are done at 1m17s or 3m19s? Is the motion (blur) effect from compositing the time lapse images digitally? I haven't done any seriously long exposures on my D-SLR, and can't get my head around how you'd get the blur in camera, yet maintain the time laps motion.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carl Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbrian View Post

    Anyone know how the long exposure but moving stars are done at 1m17s or 3m19s? Is the motion (blur) effect from compositing the time lapse images digitally? I haven't done any seriously long exposures on my D-SLR, and can't get my head around how you'd get the blur in camera, yet maintain the time laps motion.
    If you read the comments on the vimeo page, a lot of people are asking that same question, how they achieved those shots of the stars "smearing". Some were suggesting that it was done in After Effects or something similar but the company didn't say.

    I thought it was a commercial for MSR too. The music was a bit overly dramatic for my taste but I definitely respect the amount of time and effort that went into making something like that. There are a ton of DSLR time lapse videos on vimeo and that is definitely one of the best I've seen to date.

  11. #11
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,233
    Here it is. The production by our very own Genshammer aka Lieutenant. Dangle. He lives in San Diego now but came up to animate the singlespeed cross race and this video.


  12. #12
    Dropshot Champ!
    Reputation: redmr2_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    haha! holy **** that was good!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: S/X Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    514
    That was AWESOME!!! (The 1 on it)

  14. #14
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    If I had to guess (and by looking at their website) this was shot with a camera that costs less than most of our bikes..
    and you'd be wrong

    Here is Ben Canales -National Geographic award winner and photographer of the (famous) Crater Lake shot seen @ ~2:45 on that vid. I also suspect that many 'lapses' in that vid are his as well - which use EXPENSIVE tracking equipment on gimbals.

    In the 'beginner' vid below, I can see over $5k worth of gear...

    Landscape Astrophotography Tutorial - First Night Out from Ben Canales on Vimeo.

    Last edited by highdelll; 12-03-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Here it is. The production by our very own Genshammer aka Lieutenant. Dangle. He lives in San Diego now but came up to animate the singlespeed cross race and this video.
    Reppin Homebrewed Components chainrings, I see.

    and a shout out to East Zayante, a local roadie favorite.

  16. #16
    ~~~
    Reputation: tburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Here it is. The production by our very own Genshammer aka Lieutenant. Dangle. He lives in San Diego now but came up to animate the singlespeed cross race and this video.
    "HELL NO! You better lose that Singulator Chief!"

    Props for working in a Sheldon Brown reference, too!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549
    OP - Great vid!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,006
    I've no idea what head he has on his tripod, or what the state of the art is, but a motorized panning head needn't break the bank, and there are plenty of homebrew ways to make something like a Manfrottto 303 turn.

    A Canon 5D2 body is only ~$2300 these days. I know he said his max aperture was f2, which at least on Canon wide lenses would rule out it being an L-series lens, and make it a $300-500 lens max.

    I'm a bit surprised he wouldn't know why a lens would focus beyond infinity. In my experience the Nikon lenses I used growing up (so all film based, passed down from my dad) all focused beyond infinity.

    I do think it's an impressive video and would like to emulate some of the shots. I haven't taken a long exposure of the stars in at least two decades, and am hoping it's easier with a DSLR than it was with a film camera (open the shutter, go to sleep, hope you wake up before the shot is ruined).



    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    and you'd be wrong

    Here is Ben Canales -National Geographic award winner and photographer of the (famous) Crater Lake shot seen @ ~2:45 on that vid. I also suspect that many 'lapses' in that vid are his as well - which use EXPENSIVE tracking equipment on gimbals.

    In the 'beginner' vid below, I can see over $5k worth of gear...

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carl Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    and you'd be wrong

    Here is Ben Canales -National Geographic award winner and photographer of the (famous) Crater Lake shot seen @ ~2:45 on that vid. I also suspect that many 'lapses' in that vid are his as well - which use EXPENSIVE tracking equipment on gimbals.

    In the 'beginner' vid below, I can see over $5k worth of gear...

    Landscape Astrophotography Tutorial - First Night Out from Ben Canales on Vimeo.


    Uhhh...notice where I said "camera" and not "gear". Looks like a 5d MKII to me. That's a $2500+/- camera last time I checked.

    My point was really to praise the awesomeness of DSLR's not to disparage the guys skills or gear.

  20. #20
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    Uhhh...notice where I said "camera" and not "gear". Looks like a 5d MKII to me. That's a $2500+/- camera last time I checked.

    My point was really to praise the awesomeness of DSLR's not to disparage the guys skills or gear.
    OK, well the way I read your comment was like it was all done with a Rebel w/ a kit lens or something.

    I know that anytime I start feeling that bike stuff is too $$$, I go shopping for photo gear and I realize bike stuff is cheap
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  21. #21
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,233
    pro shooting and editing with an iphone


  22. #22
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,233
    "Mythbusters" cannonball hits Calif. neighborhood - YouTube

    Mythbusters Cannonball busts through town.

  23. #23
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,223
    my son now 'fits' in his FF....riding a pump track complete with 'VROOM VROOM' moto noises....



    he's gonna be better than me by age 5
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carl Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    my son now 'fits' in his FF....riding a pump track complete with 'VROOM VROOM' moto noises....



    he's gonna be better than me by age 5
    He's already better than me.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: S/X Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    514
    Chum,

    That was SICK!!

    I have some real world competition now!! I'm excited!

    Seriously though, that is awesome bro. He's hitting all the lines, pumping it. Really cool.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Repost of Controversial video, Dont delet this time!! Its a stoke video
    By hitechredneck in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 08:37 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 09:45 AM
  3. Found a cool video site with a sweet whistler video.
    By davecarama in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 10:47 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 11:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •