• 12-27-2012
    fitnessgeek
    I'm going to upgrade to a new juicer. We are selling our old juicer. Here's a link if you want a cheap way to get going on this new lifestyle:

    omega 4000 juicer
  • 12-27-2012
    Carl Hungus
    So I mentioned this thread to my wife a week or so ago and somehow ended up with a Jack Lalanne (Walmart special?) juicer from my in laws. Does this thing suck balls or what?
  • 12-27-2012
    squashyo
    I think almost every manual for a juicer says not to put your balls in any opening no matter what the circumstance. My Super Angel 5500 just arrived in San Fran today...should be here tomorrow! yes!
  • 12-27-2012
    Carl Hungus
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I think almost every manual for a juicer says not to put your balls in any opening no matter what the circumstance.

    Thanks for the tip. I guess it's back to asking my wife if she'll do it then.
  • 12-27-2012
    jdubsl2
    After today's terrible performance on my bike at Ft. Ord, I read this thread with some enthusiasm. I think my diet is partly to blame for my current mental (lack of serious interest or enthusiasm for anything) and physical (slow, tired, bleh) state despite being at what I think is a good BMI (6'4", 215lbs).

    But you lost me at enema.
  • 12-27-2012
    Jayem
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Thanks Dion...good stuff! I am also a vegetarian but eat seafood.

    Nope, you're an omnivore. I don't eat much meat, zero through the week and even on the weekends usually, but today I had a tibeten pork sandwich, which was rare for me. I'd say one meat-meal per week is about my average. I wouldn't ever call myself a vegitarian, as long as I occasionally eat some kind of meat. I've found that cutting out almost all meat doesn't have any negative effect, the problem is that most of us eat way too much meat, far more than we process or "need" as a result of exercise. We think we HAVE to eat meat for every meal, because that's simply how we've always done it. There's a lot of ways to lose weight, but exercising to keep metabolism up, eating less and more frequently to limit calories while still keeping energy up, and just making smart choices that aren't loaded with sodium, sugar, oil or fat make a huge difference. Drink a lot of water too, but those "big three" will likely get great results for anyone. Sticking to it can be tougher. I dropped 60lbs before I started getting a little back as muscle.

    It's not that I don't still like a nice steak, hamburger, or roast, it's just that I like myself more :)
  • 12-27-2012
    randomroot
    Awesome thread squashyo, this has given me a kick in the pants to get my diet corrected too.
    Tomorrow i am going to try the pre-fast diet according to Steven Bailey's book as i've been reading it today. So it looks like he advises going into the juice diet directly after that.

    I'll give those recipies everyone provided a try next with my soon to be arriving juicer!
    Although i cant give up coffee just yet...:madmax:
  • 12-28-2012
    squashyo
    Stoked to hear how it goes Randomroot...coffee was a ***** for me and I had headaches for a couple days but I am now off it entirely and have more energy for it. If you are looking to do a cleanse, I'd try to do it without coffee...I think the whole point is to relieve your system of dealing with the chemicals so they can just chill out for a change and detox. I dunno though...I do think you will find that you absolutely do not 'need' the coffee in the AM because you'll have crazy weird energy and clarity from the cleanse...my $.02 but I aint no expert.

    On another topic, my Super Angel 5500 arrived today and just had my first drink...holy crap!!! Hands down, best juice drink I ever had...very stoked about this investment.

    Cheers everyone
  • 12-28-2012
    General Mayhem
    Thoughts on why a good juicer is better than a good blender like a vitamix for heath reasons?
    My instinct is that its better to eat the whole veggie/friut, but I don't really know.
    Thinking of giving this thing a go, better health is more important than ever as we all age.
    Thanks.
  • 12-28-2012
    squashyo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by General Mayhem View Post
    Thoughts on why a good juicer is better than a good blender like a vitamix for heath reasons?
    My instinct is that its better to eat the whole veggie/friut, but I don't really know.
    Thinking of giving this thing a go, better health is more important than ever as we all age.
    Thanks.

    I am not entirely sure but they both have great qualities. The Juicer allows you to consume greater amounts of nutrients in one sitting because that's all you're digesting. Good luck powering down 6 carrots, 6 celery sticks, a large beat, Kale, and an apple with the blender...just too much fiber. And also, the juicer is key to participating in the fast mentioned...the fast is designed to eliminate all fiber and give your internals a break.

    However, I hear great things about the blender or full fiber shakes. Still encourages great eating and the fiber is a good thing. You can also power down large quantities of good stuff rather than having to eat it the old fashioned way.
  • 12-28-2012
    Jayem
    Fiber is awesome. I've never pooped so well.
  • 12-29-2012
    iheartbicycles
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jdubsl2 View Post
    But you lost me at enema.

    Serious
  • 12-29-2012
    Dion
    I had my normal Kale shake this morning. Ready to go clean DogMeat!

    *yeah right*
  • 12-29-2012
    acer66
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by General Mayhem View Post
    Thoughts on why a good juicer is better than a good blender like a vitamix for heath reasons?
    My instinct is that its better to eat the whole veggie/friut, but I don't really know.
    Thinking of giving this thing a go, better health is more important than ever as we all age.
    Thanks.


    The blender is to a juicer what a road bike is to a mtb.:p

    Not sure if that sentence makes any sense whatsoever :confused:

    But certain things you or maybe its just me, make more sense to be used in a blender
    like blueberry, strawberries, bananas and such.


    @squashyo, I would be really interested how the blender holds up over time
  • 12-29-2012
    fuenstock
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I had my normal Kale shake this morning. Ready to go clean DogMeat!

    The kale shake works! I lost 4 pounds this past week and the only thing that has changed in my diet is that I've been drinking 2 kale shakes a day for the past week.
    4 pounds in a week for me is a big deal, because it is very hard for me to drop weight.
    I'm just using a $50 hand blender and blending up a big handful of kale with stalk's a banana and an orange with enough water to make a shake consistency. If I'm having this shake after a ride I'll put a scoop of protein powder in.
    I have high cholesterol that runs in the family and is hard to control without medication. This is why I think the fiber from blending is important to me versus juicing. I need the fiber. The fiber also is keeping me full through the day which is stopping the snacking and probably what is leading to my losing 4 pounds in the past week.
    So for those not wanting to spend alot of money on a juicer, don't discount a hand blender. Cheap with low replacment cost, easy to use and fast to clean.
  • 12-29-2012
    jdubsl2
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I had my normal Kale shake this morning. Ready to go clean DogMeat!

    *yeah right*


    Thanks for the recipe. I made one and it was pretty good! AND I felt awesome all day yesterday. :thumbsup:
  • 12-29-2012
    acer66
    Do you actually juice/blend as needed or a batch for one, two or how many days?

    Thanks
  • 12-29-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Fiber is awesome. I've never pooped so well.

    I poop great all the time, and am on and off the toilet in a jiffy. It’s all the fresh habañeros. I call them power poops. :thumbsup:
  • 12-29-2012
    shredchic
    1 Attachment(s)
    This thread makes me feel like I'm in some weird twilight zone, where all the stuff I did that made me seem weird to other people now feels oddly... mainstream!

    Blended vs. Juiced:
    Blended drinks are great for your normal, everyday diet. Everyone should have them every day. Juicing is great for a periodic fast/cleanse, or a cleansing daily pre-breakfast ritual. It's important during a fast/cleanse to give your intestines a rest, so you don't want the fiber/roughage. Fruits and veggies are naturally cleansing anyway, so you probably could do a cleanse on 100% blended drinks, but it would be a slow, mild cleanse. In short - both have their purpose, like having a 29'er and a 26'er.

    Just a word about food combining: The rules of proper food combining can get really "OCD", like don't mix acid fruits with sweet fruits, (etc.) but meh - doesn't effect me at all. One rule I find useful is to not mix fruits with anything except greens. So, for example, don't have a smoothie with your eggs & toast. The only other big rule worth following (imo) is to not mix grains & proteins - so don't even eat your eggs with toast. Drink the smoothie, wait an hour or so for it to empty the stomach before having anything else. I also don't add protein powders or nuts other weird supplements. Just fruit and greens.

    This is a winter blended drink I've been doing lately to boost my immunity and it tastes great!
    1 or 2 bananas (or more depending on how hungry you are)
    3 peeled tangerines or mandarins - they are awesome this time of year. Navel oranges work, but they are not sweet and tasty enough. I look for citrus where the skin looks loose as they are easier to peel.
    Juice from 1/2 a lime squeezed into the blender
    1/2 a package of frozen mango chunks (on sale now!)
    handful of spinach or chard
    teeny tiny bit of water (there's a lot of juice from the citrus)

    Greens have a lot of iron (among other vital minerals/electrolytes), and Vitamin C from the citrus helps with iron absorption.

    Here is a pic of one I made without the greens:
  • 12-29-2012
    guitarjohn21
    Anyone who is interested in changing their diet for the better should watch "Hungry for Change".

    It is on Netflix this month, and you can sign up for a free for 30 day trial to see it.

    This show makes it very easy to understand just why most of us have or have had problems with food and our diets at some point.

    It explains why we get addicted to food, and how to kick the "Dead Food" habit.

    You will never look at the grocery store the same again.
  • 12-30-2012
    squashyo
    Excited to check out that movie!

    So, I just learned some crazy facts about Romaine Lettuce...the protien part tripped me out:

    1 – Protein. Believe it or not, romaine lettuce is 17% protein with 7.7 grams per head. It is also a complete protein! That means that it has all 8 essential amino acids, 9% RDA of some and up to 26% RDA of others.

    2 – Calcium. One head of romaine has 206mg of calcium (about 21% RDA). Blend it with calcium rich fruits like papaya and oranges and you’ll get more calcium than a glass of milk!

    3 – Omega-3s. One head of romaine lettuce contains 44% RDA of Omega-3 essential fats. Forget the tainted fish oils, reach for some leafy greens instead!

    4 – More Vitamin C Than An Orange. One head of romaine contains 167% RDA of vitamin C while an average sized orange contains only 92%.

    5 – Iron. One head of romaine contains 6mg of iron, which ads a significant source of iron to the diets of vegetarians and vegans.

    6 – Romaine Lettuce is Rich in B-vitamins: Thiamine (B1) – 38% RDA, Riboflavin (B2) – 32% RDA, Niacin (B3) – 12% RDA, Pantothenic Acid (B5) – 18%, Pyridoxine (B6) – 36 %, Folate (B9) – 213%!

    7 – Water. One head of romaine provides 16% of your daily water needs with about 20 ounces of water per head!

    8 – Rich Source of vitamin A (as beta-carotene) and K. As with most leafy greens, romaine is super rich in beta-carotene with 1817% RDA per head and has 535% RDA of vitamin K.

    9 – Low Levels of Oxalic Acid. If you have problems with calcium oxalate kidney stones, romaine lettuce might be a good choice for leafy greens since it is very low in this anti-nutrient.

    10 – Mineral-Rich. Don’t let the lighter color of romaine lettuce fool you. This not-so-dark leafy green is rich in minerals. One head contains copper (33% RDA), magnesium (22% RDA), manganese (42% RDA), phosphorus (27% RDA), potassium (33%), selenium (5% RDA) and zinc (13% RDA).
  • 12-30-2012
    Dion
    Glad you guys are enjoying the Kale shakes! I actually got the idea from Joe Rogan.
  • 12-30-2012
    S.O.B.
    One of my concerns with 'Juicing' was shrinking testicles...oops, wrong type of juicing. What I meant was, my main concern was maintaining energy& strength during rides. The last few days I have been juicing during the day (3 juices, lots of water) and a sensible dinner (grandma's veggie soup and mushroom/spinach ravioli). Took the SS out on the 3rd morning, and after a breakfast juice I packed a bottle of pear/apple juice and a bottle of water w/squeezed lemon...to make a long story short, I don't think I felt any different from any other ride, but am still curious how I will feel with full-time juicing (I am confident I will feel fine). This ride was only ~18 miles w/just over 2k of climbing. The big test will be a 30+ mile ride with 5k+ of climbing.
    My goal, lose 20lbs with juicing and overall diet/lifestyle change. I will post updates on the blog (hey, at least my mother reads it) but will come back here to update periodically.
    Many good recipes out there, but my favorite thus far: 1/2 pineapple, 1 orange, 3 mandarins, 1 lemon, 1 lime, ~3/4 thumb of ginger. De-licious!
  • 12-30-2012
    squashyo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by S.O.B. View Post
    One of my concerns with 'Juicing' was shrinking testicles...oops, wrong type of juicing. What I meant was, my main concern was maintaining energy& strength during rides. The last few days I have been juicing during the day (3 juices, lots of water) and a sensible dinner (grandma's veggie soup and mushroom/spinach ravioli). Took the SS out on the 3rd morning, and after a breakfast juice I packed a bottle of pear/apple juice and a bottle of water w/squeezed lemon...to make a long story short, I don't think I felt any different from any other ride, but am still curious how I will feel with full-time juicing (I am confident I will feel fine). This ride was only ~18 miles w/just over 2k of climbing. The big test will be a 30+ mile ride with 5k+ of climbing.
    My goal, lose 20lbs with juicing and overall diet/lifestyle change. I will post updates on the blog (hey, at least my mother reads it) but will come back here to update periodically.
    Many good recipes out there, but my favorite thus far: 1/2 pineapple, 1 orange, 3 mandarins, 1 lemon, 1 lime, ~3/4 thumb of ginger. De-licious!

    Please...keep us posted! My concern with this last juice is that it is a great deal of sugar. If you go full juice fast, I would stick with LOTS of carrots, celery, beets, and greens...use fruit sparingly to add slight flavor enhancements. I think you will find yourself sugar crashing with an all fruit juicet and you will find an amazing amount of benefits from all the veggie nutrients.

    Speaking of sugar, this video got me off sugar drinks...it's very long but insanely informative:

    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBnniua6-oM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBnniua6-oM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • 12-30-2012
    sjhiker
    For those that are juicing, what do you do with all the pulp? I've always thought that the pulp in the fruits you juice, being high in fiber is very good for you. More so than just the juice itself. Also, since it's hard for the body to break down fibre, if you're looking to lose weight a high fibre diet would be a good idea.
  • 12-30-2012
    Dion
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by S.O.B. View Post
    One of my concerns with 'Juicing' was shrinking testicles...oops, wrong type of juicing. What I meant was, my main concern was maintaining energy& strength during rides. The last few days I have been juicing during the day (3 juices, lots of water) and a sensible dinner (grandma's veggie soup and mushroom/spinach ravioli). Took the SS out on the 3rd morning, and after a breakfast juice I packed a bottle of pear/apple juice and a bottle of water w/squeezed lemon...to make a long story short, I don't think I felt any different from any other ride, but am still curious how I will feel with full-time juicing (I am confident I will feel fine). This ride was only ~18 miles w/just over 2k of climbing. The big test will be a 30+ mile ride with 5k+ of climbing.
    My goal, lose 20lbs with juicing and overall diet/lifestyle change. I will post updates on the blog (hey, at least my mother reads it) but will come back here to update periodically.
    Many good recipes out there, but my favorite thus far: 1/2 pineapple, 1 orange, 3 mandarins, 1 lemon, 1 lime, ~3/4 thumb of ginger. De-licious!

    Food is medicine. Think about how badass bright red tomatoes, green kale, organic rice, black beans, plantains, avocados, organic carrots, tofu, or big, juicy apples are. Grilled veggies in a wheat tortilla with hot sauce, or a veggie sandwich with bright green sprouts, coconut water and some homemade chips. Garlic, onion and basil potatoes fried in coconut oil.

    This is pretty much how I eat. :)

    I like juicing, but, like I said, I don't think it's sustainable for long periods.
  • 12-30-2012
    squashyo
    While eating better is wonderful and we have established that there are many ways to improve health, the point of this thread was to introduce a detoxification method known as veggie juice fasting. I think everyone should try it and it's not very hard at all. It is quite an experience and an adventure to boot...it also opens doorways to a much healthier lifestyle as I have found. I hope some will give it a go and report back to see if you got the same kick ass results that I did. For me, I have been off the fast for about a month...blood pressure still normal and weight loss has been maintained at mid 170s where I like to be. I no longer crave crappy food and reach for the fountain of youth foods I used to avoid. I plan to do my next fast in July...but in the meantime, psyched to start eating much better using many of the tools introduced in the delightful thread.
  • 12-30-2012
    S.O.B.
    3 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Please...keep us posted! My concern with this last juice is that it is a great deal of sugar. If you go full juice fast, I would stick with LOTS of carrots, celery, beets, and greens...use fruit sparingly to add slight flavor enhancements. I think you will find yourself sugar crashing with an all fruit juicet and you will find an amazing amount of benefits from all the veggie nutrients.

    Yeah, the only sugar drinks in our house are store bought organic juices, or the juice I make for my detox...certainly better than soda etc. (my wife would not allow it).
    I am going to allow myself one yummy fruit drink a day during my detox, and the one listed will likely be my favorite. Might even freeze some for dessert pops (might lose something in enzymes/nutrients, but still yummy!). My 'meal' drinks will be mostly veggy concoctions, like these:

    Morning 'Green' Glory
    1 cucumber
    3 kale leaves
    1 handful spinach
    3 celery stalks
    1 apple (I used a Fuji)
    1 mini lime (or 1/2 regular lime)
    1 mandarin
    Pretty darn good...my first ever concoction

    Veggie Experiment:
    2 kale leafs
    handful spinach
    2 celery stalks
    3-4 carrots
    3 tomatoes
    1 lime
    When mixed, it turns an earthy brown. Taste is earthy, but I like the kick the lime adds.

    Attachment 749220

    Attachment 749218

    Attachment 749219

    As far as the pulp, the juicer handbook comes with a nice recipe for making vegetable soup with the juice and pulp...also I plan on using some of the vegetable pulp in muffins and casseroles. I have read of people saving the fruit pulp to use in deserts. Fruit-Pulp-Pie anyone? Mm mmm!
  • 12-30-2012
    older and slower
    Okay, I'm in
    Just got an Omega J2006 at Blood Bath and Beyond for $207 + tax. ($259.99 - 20% coupon.) Macy's online has it on sale for $208 until New Year's Day.

    Gonna do this Gonna get healthy. Gonna get back on the bike. Thanks to Squashyo for the thread!
  • 12-30-2012
    guitarjohn21
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Excited to check out that movie!

    So, I just learned some crazy facts about Romaine Lettuce...the protien part tripped me out:

    1 – Protein. Believe it or not, romaine lettuce is 17% protein with 7.7 grams per head. It is also a complete protein! That means that it has all 8 essential amino acids, 9% RDA of some and up to 26% RDA of others.

    2 – Calcium. One head of romaine has 206mg of calcium (about 21% RDA). Blend it with calcium rich fruits like papaya and oranges and you’ll get more calcium than a glass of milk!

    3 – Omega-3s. One head of romaine lettuce contains 44% RDA of Omega-3 essential fats. Forget the tainted fish oils, reach for some leafy greens instead!

    4 – More Vitamin C Than An Orange. One head of romaine contains 167% RDA of vitamin C while an average sized orange contains only 92%.

    5 – Iron. One head of romaine contains 6mg of iron, which ads a significant source of iron to the diets of vegetarians and vegans.

    6 – Romaine Lettuce is Rich in B-vitamins: Thiamine (B1) – 38% RDA, Riboflavin (B2) – 32% RDA, Niacin (B3) – 12% RDA, Pantothenic Acid (B5) – 18%, Pyridoxine (B6) – 36 %, Folate (B9) – 213%!

    7 – Water. One head of romaine provides 16% of your daily water needs with about 20 ounces of water per head!

    8 – Rich Source of vitamin A (as beta-carotene) and K. As with most leafy greens, romaine is super rich in beta-carotene with 1817% RDA per head and has 535% RDA of vitamin K.

    9 – Low Levels of Oxalic Acid. If you have problems with calcium oxalate kidney stones, romaine lettuce might be a good choice for leafy greens since it is very low in this anti-nutrient.

    10 – Mineral-Rich. Don’t let the lighter color of romaine lettuce fool you. This not-so-dark leafy green is rich in minerals. One head contains copper (33% RDA), magnesium (22% RDA), manganese (42% RDA), phosphorus (27% RDA), potassium (33%), selenium (5% RDA) and zinc (13% RDA).

    I'm glad to hear it and Thank You for all the great info above! I am interested in what your opinion is after viewing "Hungry for Change". I had to watch it twice, because of all the good information.

    My latest improvement to my diet is purple carrots. They are 25-30 times higher in anthocyanins than the orange carrot, which are the antioxidants found in blueberries and raspberries. Also putting cilantro and parsley in salads and juices for their detoxifying effects.

    Isn't getting healthy fun!
  • 12-30-2012
    d-bug
    The only thing missing from this thread is FC offering to host a juice/shake taste test party, with continual showings of Forks Over Knives, Food Matters, etc...
    Bring yer blenders, juicers, fruits and veggies and we can swap recipes and see who's tastes the best.
    That might be enough to get Dion out of the house and to a MTBR party.
  • 12-30-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Do any of you hardcore motherf&#117;ckers throw the citrus peels (from oranges, lemons, limes, etc.) into your juices as well? Plenty of nutrition to be had in them, from what I have read.

    Meanwhile, my wife bought one of those “Magic Bullet” (“As seen on TV!” :rolleyes: ) chingaderos last month, we are about to fire it up today for sh&#105;ts and giggles, but have metric craploads of key limes from a friend’s backyard… hoping to use the peels too just to be extra crazy.
  • 12-30-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    That might be enough to get Dion out of the house and to a MTBR party.

    No doubt!!! Dude needs to UNPLUG and get some freakin’ R and R!!! :band:
  • 12-30-2012
    S.O.B.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Do any of you hardcore mother****ers throw the citrus peels (from oranges, lemons, limes, etc.) into your juices as well? Plenty of nutrition to be had in them, from what I have read..

    I peel the mandarins and oranges because it is easy to do. I am lazy so the lemons and limes go in, peel and all. I guess another option would just be to squeeze the juice into your cup and stir, but again, I am lazy and I love watching my juicer beat the pulp out of those things (pun intended).
  • 12-30-2012
    grumblingcrustacean
    tasty skinz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Do any of you hardcore mother****ers throw the citrus peels (from oranges, lemons, limes, etc.) into your juices as well? Plenty of nutrition to be had in them, from what I have read.

    Not hard core enough yet, though I am doing a morning smoothie regularly.

    I definitely use the citrus peels, making sure I wash the skin thoroughly. I've done so with lemons, limes, and tangerines.

    My usual morning smoothie is:

    A base of:
    A couple of celery stalks (supposed to burn more calories digesting than it actually has)
    A couple of leaves of Kale
    Ginger (probably a 1/2" by 1" section)
    1/2 a lemon or lime

    I then add, depending on mood/whats around:
    A spoon full of vanilla yogurt
    Pineapple
    Apple
    Carrot
    Berries
    A spoon full of nut butter (almond, usually) if I want a bit more fat/protein
    A hot pepper (ginger + pepper + lemon/lime are a great combo)
    A few leaves of spinach

    -j
  • 12-30-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    10 seconds my ass!!!

    OK, so this “Magic Bullet—As Seen on TV!!!” piece of crap my wife bought is a total farce. They should rename it to Tragic B&#117;ll****, seriously. We’re returning this piece of crap A.S.A.P. I had forewarned my wife about false bullcrap claims that seem too good to be true before, but she ignored me. Yes, we were screwing around with that hunk of garbage for about 20 minutes before I broke out our trustly ’ol Cuisinart SmartPower Duet, which made not-so-quick business out of the load of veggies and fruit we stuffed into it, but it took less than 5 minutes to make a nice sludgy drink.

    Buyer beware: don’t buy this piece of crap “Magic Bullet”. :nono: I think we’re going to get one of those $200 jobbies they use at $tarbu¢ks and Jamba Juice. My dad has one of those and swears by it (and he ain’t no chump!!!).
  • 12-30-2012
    fitnessgeek
    omega 4000 juicer

    first $60 if you're from mtbr and you're planning to juice more in the new year
    cheers!
  • 12-30-2012
    metrotuned
    A piece of advice if you are wondering what whole foods or real foods are. Real food does not have nutritional labels. And also, don't listen to anyone's fitness / nutritional tips who has less fitness / nutrition than you.
  • 12-31-2012
    Dion
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by illnacord View Post
    And also, don't listen to anyone's fitness / nutritional tips who has less fitness / nutrition than you.

    I guess every coach and nutritionalist in the world is faster, stronger, better, and more fit than the athletes they are training?

    This thread is great. Keep it going. It's made a lot of folks re-think food, which is very positive. Squashyo, myself, or anybody who has positive experiences with these nutrient dense concoctions and sharing these recipes and experiences are doing many a great favor - and having "less" fitness or nutrition has nothing to do with that. It has to do with sharing a great experience and getting results, and opening peoples minds to different diets.

    I used to get extremely sick every year, with ridiculous temperatures and I'd be out for a week or more. This was at least 3X a year. Since drinking these kale shakes, supplementation and a dietary change, I have not been sick since day one. Is it out of line to share that with a stronger rider than myself?

    Anyway...

    This lady has it right.

    Attachment 749390
  • 12-31-2012
    gr8xscape
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I guess every coach and nutritionalist in the world is faster, stronger, better, and more fit than the athletes they are training?

    This thread is great. Keep it going. It's made a lot of folks re-think food, which is very positive. Squashyo, myself, or anybody who has positive experiences with these nutrient dense concoctions and sharing these recipes and experiences are doing many a great favor - and having "less" fitness or nutrition has nothing to do with that. It has to do with sharing a great experience and getting results, and opening peoples minds to different diets.

    I used to get extremely sick every year, with ridiculous temperatures and I'd be out for a week or more. This was at least 3X a year. Since drinking these kale shakes, supplementation and a dietary change, I have not been sick since day one. Is it out of line to share that with a stronger rider than myself?

    Anyway...

    This lady has it right.

    Attachment 749390


    Awesome...my new morning smoothie will be a 3 lb block of cheddar with a handful of cheezits for fiber. Thank you for the inspiration...
  • 12-31-2012
    Dion
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gr8xscape View Post
    Awesome...my new morning smoothie will be a 3 lb block of cheddar with a handful of cheezits for fiber. Thank you for the inspiration...

    You will have to juice it for maximum effect.
  • 12-31-2012
    acer66
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gr8xscape View Post
    Awesome...my new morning smoothie will be a 3 lb block of cheddar with a handful of cheezits for fiber. Thank you for the inspiration...

    I was with you till the cheezits, that is just wrong, wheats would be okay but no you have to go overboard with it.
    ;):p:D
  • 12-31-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Dion, you never cease to amaze us with your ability to find the most offensive, disgusting pictures on teh intarwebs. :thumbsup: “Yup, jus gon have mysef uh block uh chedduh fo launch tdaye, Skeeter!”
  • 12-31-2012
    Dion
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Dion, you never cease to amaze us with your ability to find the most offensive, disgusting pictures on teh intarwebs. :thumbsup: “Yup, jus gon have mysef uh block uh chedduh fo launch tdaye, Skeeter!”

    Do St. Joe's with us tomorrow, homie.
  • 12-31-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Do St. Joe's with us tomorrow, homie.

    Would love to, but I will be riding the Los Alamitos singletrack with my wife and boys, hopefully we’ll end up all the way out to the Fortini side of STCP. My boys need a good 16-mile round trip.
  • 12-31-2012
    vuduvgn
    You guys are funny. :)
  • 12-31-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by vuduvgn View Post
    You guys are funny. :)

    Just wait until you do a group ride with us (Team Social Pace). Dion, Ancient Rascal, Nelson34, just to name a few, will have you rolling in stitches with laughter. Freakin’ serial jokesters. :lol:
  • 12-31-2012
    squashyo
    Just watched Hungry for Change last night with family. AWESOME documentary. My kids are now super fired up to eat veggies and fruit...wow!
  • 12-31-2012
    fitnessgeek
    juice of the day....kale, spinach, celery, beets, oranges, apples, ginger. Pretty tasty!
  • 12-31-2012
    squashyo
    I got:
    Carrots, celery, snap peas, apple, beet+stems/leaves, purple cabbage, zucchini, purple kale and UDOs Oil...damn good!!!!