Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Not trying to be a troll here but are beer/wine considered toxins. If so, is it because of fermentation? Is fermented food 'processed' food?

Save Jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    where did all that energy come from with no food in the system other than juice - head scratch).
    A conversion to fat metabolism brought on by severe caloric reduction. The large amounts of micronutrients and small amounts of macronutrients probably held off a starvation response.
    People cleaning up their diet and switching to high-fat, high-protein, low-carb paleo diet exhibit similar "boosts" in energy and improved health markers. (Although not as rapid weight loss)

I would bet you one e-dollar (i.e. not real money) that if you did lemon juice & pepper fast + enema, you would feel like carp, despite the "detox" and intestinal resting.

Save Jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by ssalinas View Post
    Not trying to be a troll here but are beer/wine considered toxins. If so, is it because of fermentation? Is fermented food 'processed' food?
    Ethanol is a toxin, but one which the body can metabolize. Plus the usual observational studies about red wine being good for you.
    Fermented foods are technically considered "processed", but are generally good for you (the non-alcohol variants), such as yogurt and other fermented soy products.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbag View Post

I would bet you one e-dollar (i.e. not real money) that if you did lemon juice & pepper fast + enema, you would feel like carp, despite the "detox" and intestinal resting.
    What exactly does carp feel like? Salmon?

Anyhow, to beat a dead horse...worked wonders for me and seems to be working for others I know who have actually done it. Cheers.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Try this

Get a bundle of kale - $2
    A bunch of bananas - $2
    High quality orange juice

6-8 oz. of OJ
    4-5 de-stalked kale
    1 banana

Blend it all up and drink this concoction everyday for two weeks. Eat your regular healthy diet. Obvious to not eat fast food, crap, etc.
    I do this but with almond milk instead of OJ and a scoop or two of flaxseed. Im gonna start trying it out with OJ now.

PRETENDURO
    What exactly does carp feel like? Salmon?
    Hardly! Dude, get clue! Carp feel like eel or catfish. Seriously. Everyone in the NorCal threads took marine biology in college.

Now, a carp smoothie… imagine the possibilities!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

HTFU!
    Act NOW and I will throw in a bonus Mind Cleanse starter pack AT NO ADDITIONAL COST! Just $299.99 per minute it's a STEAL!!!
    According to my wife, I don't need the mind cleanse (already empty), but apparently I do need the enema (full of crap).

Read some of the naysayer posts this morning, but was too busy getting ready to ride to post up a hater reply that surely would have been an eloquently written, brilliant piece that would have swayed even the largest skeptic...instead I took the rigid single-speed out for ~42 miles with ~6600' of climbing (Bike Ride Profile | Whole Enchilada, Plus Quarry! near Auburn | Times and Records | Strava) and decided that was proof enough. Juicing all day, decent dinner at night (last nights pre-ride meal was a piece of salmon, a piece of bread w/garlic and olive oil and green beans with lemon-pepper. Dessert was a small handful of dark chocolate covered raisins.
    This ride was my longest, toughest CA ride yet. Surely my weight loss is what off-set my complete lack of energy...or maybe it was all mental.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by S.O.B. View Post
    According to my wife, I don't need the mind cleanse (already empty), but apparently I do need the enema (full of crap).

Read some of the naysayer posts this morning, but was too busy getting ready to ride to post up a hater reply that surely would have been an eloquently written, brilliant piece that would have swayed even the largest skeptic...instead I took the rigid single-speed out for ~42 miles with ~6600' of climbing (Bike Ride Profile | Whole Enchilada, Plus Quarry! near Auburn | Times and Records | Strava) and decided that was proof enough. Juicing all day, decent dinner at night (last nights pre-ride meal was a piece of salmon, a piece of bread w/garlic and olive oil and green beans with lemon-pepper. Dessert was a small handful of dark chocolate covered raisins.
    This ride was my longest, toughest CA ride yet. Surely my weight loss is what off-set my complete lack of energy...or maybe it was all mental.
    After that ride, you're my hero.

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    After that ride, you're my hero.
    Ha, thanks. The truth is, the weight loss really helps. Over the last several months, I could actually feel my gut (affectionately named 'my Camel Front') slowing me down on long rides. I do admit that I was a bit fatigued as I started my final climb up Stagecoach, ended up loosing traction on the first steep spot and spun out. Had to hoof it for a short stretch before I could get back on the bike and hit a good cadence up the climb. I would like to blame the new rear tire I was testing that I had pumped up to 40psi (long story), but my legs were pretty beat. Other than that, I feel pretty darn good.

Another confession: Morning Green Glory Juice for breakfast, but I took with me a bottle of lemon water and a bottle of Infinite drink. And at the end of the ride, I though I might need some protien to help the muscles so I downed some garbanzo beans and a small chocolate milk...both organic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am really enjoying the energy I have now so it makes me think I might be willing to try going vegan or ? I am looking for different meal ideas and what do you snack on?

mtbr member
    My gf and I are taking a cue from this thread but using the diet plans here:
    Juice Fast – The 5 Day Plan | WELLPICKED

Started cutting out meat, dairy, gluten heavy food, sugar, and caffeine over the last week and went all juice except for dinner the last two days. Following the recipes on the link above for the next five days. Lost around 8lbs in the last week just cutting out all the bad stuff so I'm interested to see how much I'll lose over the next five days of juicing and the week of phasing back in solid foods.

I'm 6'9" and float around 270lbs but have a goal to get down to 240lbs over the next few months, this is just a start. Currently at 278 today after putting on a bunch of weight over the holidays and backing off on the bike commuting without a similar reduction in caloric intake.

Here are the recipes we're using for the next week:
    Green Juice
    Ingredients
    2 cucumbers
    6 stalks of celery
    1 green apple
    1/4 bunch of spinach leaves
    6 leaves of romaine lettuce
    1/4 cup parsley

Green lemonade
    Ingredients
    1 head romaine lettuce
    4 stalks of celery
    5 stalks kale
    2 green apples
    1 whole organic lemon, peeled
    1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled

Beet Juice
    3 beets, trimmed, peeled, and cut into pieces
    2 large carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
    1 green apple, cored, cut into pieces
    5-inch piece of ginger, cut into pieces
    1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice

Dinner is a glass of homemade cashew milk. Daily plan is green juice, water, green lemonade, water, green juice, water, beet juice, water, cashew milk. Rest and repeat the next day.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I know this because I used to be a seriously ****ing funny mother****er
    I just read this whole thread and it's true. You were funnier when you were drinking and eating meat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorKal View Post
    I just read this whole thread and it's true. You were funnier when you were drinking and eating meat.
    I would laugh at this but I have no idea if it's funny. I just don't know anymore.

mtbr member
    Everyone still juicing? I'm still juicing almost daily as a supplement to eating and haven't tried a juice fast yet. At least I'm figuring which vegetables tastes good... and what makes the poop really colorful...

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My juicer is a few thousand km away from me atm, so, no juicing.

The taste part, I wouldn't rely on the raw flavor or the juice. At least to me, cooked veggies (even if only boiled) taste way way better than their raw counterpart. You may end up getting an idea of what juices you enjoy, which is a big plus in case you want to go on a juice fast.

I dunno why the colorful part is a reality, never had that problem...
    Keith Scott: If you want to go mountain biking, then throw a leg over a new Banshee and the bike will do the talking

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I still juice most days for breakfast. So far keeping the weight that I lost during the juice fast off. I'm trying to loose a few more pounds but seem to be stuck at my current weight so might have to start replacing 2 meals a day instead of just 1. But yeah, I like juicing, I think its a good way to make sure I'm getting enough greens/veggies in my diet.

ask
    user
    I have not yet done the fast... but I borrowed a juicer a couple months back and ended up buying an Omega VeRT 350HD juicer in January. We have been using it on a daily basis since the beginning of the year to supplement our food intake. I feel pretty good and will probably do a full fast sometime soon. Tough to find a window of time w/o any food related events to do a longer fast.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdrewguy View Post
    Everyone still juicing? I'm still juicing almost daily as a supplement to eating and haven't tried a juice fast yet. At least I'm figuring which vegetables tastes good... and what makes the poop really colorful...
    I am still juicing for sure, got the SO into it too. As far as health and wellness I have been feeling amazing, I am now under 180 (down from 214) and the weight it still slipping off. I typically juice for breakfast and lunch and eat regular dinner. All home cooked food since the end of December (no packaged food/preservatives etc. no fast food and no junk.) I did have to make sure I was getting enough calories, sodium and protein... despite eating as much veggies as I want I was from time to time getting lightheaded upon standing, handful of peanuts a day - problem solved.

mtbr member
    My gf and I are still juicing a good bit. Went on a very strict juice fast a few weeks ago with very regimented juicings but have been more laid back about it over the last few weeks. Started making crazy juice concoctions that end up tasting awesome.

GF made a juice with red peppers, grapefruit, and ginger the other day, awesome! I made one this morning with pears, carrots, beets, and mint leaves from the garden, worked out well. She's got some idea about mixing cucumber with lemongrass for a juice experiment this week. We're lucky to have an awesome farmers market nearby so it's cheap enough to buy 10lb bags of beets, carrots, and huge piles of greens.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdrewguy View Post
    With a pricetag of well more than $500, my Vitamix sees use at least two times per week. Cannot afford NOT to use it.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Yes, still very much going strong. I have been starting every morning with a quart of juice and eat at lunch and dinner. Not losing weight doing this but maintaining constant weight and feel great. I caught that cold/flu a couple weeks back and it lasted all but 2 days. Not sure if it's all the nutrients I am plying my body with or if I just caught a weak version of the bug but happy it passed so fast.

Have been also experiment with lots of different veggies. A jalapeno really gives the juice a kick. Also digging cilantro, Bok Choi, ginger, sweet potatoes (verdict is still out on that one), jicama, strawberries, pineapple core...lots of cool ****. The Super Angel is awesome1 Next fast is coming in July...plan to do it better this next time around.

HTFU!

Still Juicing

Gone from ~190 to ~170. My goal is still to juice during the day and eat a sensible meal (with two treats a week). Admittedly, I have been cheating a bit more often with sometimes juicing just in the a.m. and snacking with greek yogurts, trailmix etc. On the plus side, I have been exercising more and so my weight is been staying steady in the low 170's. Getting ready to gear up for another push to get into the low 160's.
    Loving my Breville Juice Fountain JE98XL, easy to use, easy to clean and only $120 at BB&B (w/20% coupon).

Veggie Juice Fast:  Bike friendly diet that works-005.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.O.B. View Post
    Gone from ~190 to ~170. My goal is still to juice during the day and eat a sensible meal (with two treats a week). Admittedly, I have been cheating a bit more often with sometimes juicing just in the a.m. and snacking with greek yogurts, trailmix etc. On the plus side, I have been exercising more and so my weight is been staying steady in the low 170's. Getting ready to gear up for another push to get into the low 160's.
    Loving my Breville Juice Fountain JE98XL, easy to use, easy to clean and only $120 at BB&B (w/20% coupon).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	773276
    Dude, take those wet socks off and you're sub 170! Awesome job. (I also cheat from time to time...especially a day after a big booze)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    I have not yet done the fast... but I borrowed a juicer a couple months back and ended up buying an Omega VeRT 350HD juicer in January. We have been using it on a daily basis since the beginning of the year to supplement our food intake. I feel pretty good and will probably do a full fast sometime soon. Tough to find a window of time w/o any food related events to do a longer fast.
    How do you like the Omega 350?
    On amazon they are complaining about the spout design clogging up to easily,
    I looked at it at a store and looks like it could clog up easy but who knows.

I returned the Omega 8004 I choose 3 times because it did not work properly
    and am back using my GF's old jucieman jr and a blender.

ask
    user

Omega VeRT 350HD

Quote Originally Posted by acer66 View Post
    How do you like the Omega 350?
    On amazon they are complaining about the spout design clogging up to easily,
    I looked at it at a store and looks like it could clog up easy but who knows.

I think I have clogged up the VeRT juicer 2x in about 5 weeks and I use it 1 to 2x per day. The first clog was with large stalks of Chard... rookie mistake. The second was with an overly ripe / stringy pineapple... also my fault. Similar problem to the chard.... too much soft/fibrous material at once. Overall if you alternate textures in the juicer it works very well and does not clog. IE alternate between fibrous (kale, chard, etc) and more firm/grainy items (apple, carrot, cucumbers, etc), then the juicer works like a champ.

I really like the Omega VeRT juicer... small footprint, quick/easy to clean, slow rpm (low froth/heat), and very dry waste material. It is also much easier to feed than the Juiceman... we borrowed a Juiceman classic. The VeRT pulls items into the auger the items vs needing to force items in w/ a plunger. Also the VeRT has a wiper mechanism that clears the screen as it runs, so there is less need to scrub fibers out of the screen during cleanup.

My advice is get it at Bed Bath and Beyond... use a 20% off coupon (they will honor them on almost any item... even expired or exempt brands)... use it for a couple weeks. Return it if you don't like it. They will take almost any return.

Here is a good video to watch regarding clogging the Omega... this guy is a bit over zealous / serious juice fan. He also goes a little overboard with cutting items into tiny chucks and going super slow IMO. I have found that you don't have to wait this long or cut up items so much

Last bit of advice... run water though the unit after you are done using it. The water helps make cleanup a bit quicker and clears out the last bit of material. Hope this helps.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast