Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Upcoming Bike Swaps in Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area?

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to look around at the Cupertino ROMP bike swap. I need to pick up some parts and accessories and tools.

When and where are upcoming bike swaps around the Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area?
    Google searches are not very fruitful for this...

VRC Illuminati
    There used to be a website that listed them, but you're right...there isn't a very consistent updated list of swaps in the BA.

Cupe was the last big one I know of. Trailhead was just before that...and Endless Cycles before that. Mill Valley swap seems to have died.

Next swaps I'm guessing are the Trailhead Spooky Swap in Oct. The Ped's swap seems to also be in Oct. RideSF swap in Nov.

If there's anything between now and then, I'd love to know as well.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, it seems like there should be some central site where people just put up their upcoming swap meets...
    Most of the searches turn up really old pages on swaps from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    There used to be a website that listed them, but you're right...there isn't a very consistent updated list of swaps in the BA.

Cupe was the last big one I know of. Trailhead was just before that...and Endless Cycles before that. Mill Valley swap seems to have died.

Next swaps I'm guessing are the Trailhead Spooky Swap in Oct. The Ped's swap seems to also be in Oct. RideSF swap in Nov.

If there's anything between now and then, I'd love to know as well.

ballbuster
    The Pedaler in El Sobrante used to have one in Spring. I have not seen any listings on their website about it.

CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
    The Silicon Valley Bike Coalition had one a Sports Basement in Sunnyvale in August last year. They might have one again.
    Master of the unintentional track stand.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    It seems like this and other bicycling sites would be a good location to have this information up and up to date...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The swaps does happen a lot throughout the nation, but there is no consistency and kindfull of information regarding them. I guess, if some one has some good info about these swaps, please pass on.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Well, I think a wiki or some moderated page(s) where people can post updated information would be good.
    A single web page per area/region listing bike swaps in that region.
    Eg,
    Silicon Valley area
    Washington DC area
    Denver area

mtbr member
    Why start a new thread?

here is what I know:

This coming Sunday, 9/1/2013, 1712 L Street Sacramento.
    Edible Pedal Bicycle Shop will host it's 1st Sunday bicycle swap meet September 1, 2013. The location will be 1712 L Street in the alley between 17th & 18th and L and Capital Ave. next door to Old Soul Coffee! Start time will be 9:00 am. This is a great location with plenty of free parking nearby. There will be a $10 fee that will be a donation to the Bicycle Kitchen. To reserve a space call John at (916) 342-0813!

This Sunday, Atomic Cycles 17322 Saticoy, Van Nuys
    Bicycle Swap Meet.
    Free to show up, free to sell your stuff. Mini bike, go karts stuff fine too. 8 am to noon. I share a parking lot with a popular bar so get there early to set up as the space is limited to about 10-20 spaces.

Next Saturday, 9/7/2013, Folsom City Lions Park, 403 Stafford St, Folsom CA
    Sell or buy a bike, have a beer in the beer garden and watch the races! Interested in reserving a spot to sell you bike stuff? 10X10 spaces are available, reserve one now! Only have one bike to sell? Solo spots are available (on Swap day only). You can purchase a solo spot to sell up to two bikes. You must stay with your bike(s). Bike racks will be provided for Solo Spots.

Saturday, 9/15/2013, Rancho Cordova (Sac) at the West Wind Drive-in, 9616 Oates Dr, Sacramento
    90% motorcycles, 10% bicycles
    The Sacramento Cycle Swap Meet, held at the West Wind Drive In, is an “All Brands” event with over 100 vendors and over 500 bikes for show and sale. Riders and collectors from all ends of the bike hobby, including Harley, cruisers, choppers, vintage, British, race, Off-Road, Japanese, Euro, and bicycles get together to buy, sell, trade, show off, and talk about new, used, and vintage parts and accessories.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Here is the link to the Folsom Cyclebration swap meet/beer garden on Sept 7..... come race/ride your bike too!

Folsom Cyclebration
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

mtbr member
    Trail Head Cyclery in San Jose has 2 swap meets each year...one in April and one in late October. Check their website or facebook for details.
    "It's not about the bike"

mtbr member
    This a bit of a fixie /roadie swap, but thats where you can find your red/white/blue Ritchey frame for cheap, because it hasn't enough room for 700c. Of course if you just like to look, there is usually a guy selling Schwinn Paramount, Masi, Colnago and Cinelli frames for the price of a decent Honda.

This coming Sunday, 10/6/2013, 1712 L Street Sacramento.
    Edible Pedal Bicycle Shop will host it's 1st Sunday bicycle swap meet September 1, 2013. The location will be 1712 L Street in the alley between 17th & 18th and L and Capital Ave. next door to Old Soul Coffee! Start time will be 9:00 am. This is a great location with plenty of free parking nearby. There will be a $10 fee that will be a donation to the Bicycle Kitchen. To reserve a space call John at (916) 342-0813!

It's about showing up.
    Pedaler Bike Shop, in El Sobrante, has a Swap on Sunday October 20, 2014. All booth fees go to the Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay. For more info call 510-222-3420.
    I don't rattle.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    Pedaler Bike Shop, in El Sobrante, has a Swap on Sunday October 20, 2014. All booth fees go to the Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay. For more info call 510-222-3420.
    You mean 2013, right?

I might actually get my act together this year and sell some stuff.

Is now still the time?
    In San Rafael, right off Hwy 101, there's a shop called the Re-Cyclery bike thrift shop. This place is fascinating even if you aren't buying anything. Highly recommend this place for a look around. It's all for a good cause too! A year-round bike thrift shop!

Trips For Kids - Re-Cyclery

Re-Cyclery Bike Thrift Shop - San Rafael, CA
    SOrCerer

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

jrm
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    You mean 2013, right?

I might actually get my act together this year and sell some stuff.
    Really?
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Really?
    Ja! Rilly!

It's about showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Really?
    Missed the chanced to ride and talk about your 650; my bad. Iut I am really interested on your take. PM me if you get a chance or drop by the Bike Swap at the Pedaler on Sunday.
    I don't rattle.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    Missed the chanced to ride and talk about your 650; my bad. Iut I am really interested on your take. PM me if you get a chance or drop by the Bike Swap at the Pedaler on Sunday.
    Oh man... Sunday... Same day as the TrailHead Cyclery swap meet. I wonder if I can sell at The Ped, pack up, and blow my winnings at Trailhead?

Birthday Collector
    We'll be having our swap meet at Endless Cycles on Sunday, March 23rd. check our Facebook page for info and updates - I'll try to get something else posted on here once we've finalized the details!
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

Super-Dee
    Cupertino Bike Shop and Silicon Valley Mountain Bike Club’s Annual Bicycle Swap Meet has a NEW Date and Location.

Sunday May 4th from 10am-4pm – NEW DATE for 2014!

Monta Vista High School – NEW LOCATION
    21840 McClellan Rd, Cupertino, CA 95014

Vendor spaces are still $60.00 each, and now come with SHADE from Solar Panels overhead.

Buyer admission is STILL $2.00 per person ($1 if you cycle in).
    Proceeds to Monta Vista High School Mountain Bike Club and SVMTB (formerly ROMP), whose active participation in off-road cycling advocacy is responsible for many open cycling trails here in the Bay Area.

The NEW VENDOR PARKING LOT is in the student lot with Solar Panels–where the swap will be held.

This is the LARGEST bike swap in the San Jose area with well over 75 vendors and 1,000+ attendees. This is the spot to buy road, mountain, BMX and vintage bike parts, frames, tires, tools, clothing-everything bicycle.
    We have shops, racers, clubs, Reps, and loads of items that you don’t need to pay retail for.

Bring plenty of cash – NO ONE ACCEPTS plastic or checks (but a few with Smart Phone technology). NO ATMS NEARBY (we are hoping this year for Food Truck Service, stay tuned for updates). Bathrooms on site at the High School.

Call Cupertino Bike Shop (they have moved and have a new location)
    408 255-2217 to reserve your space/spaces, or email: sprocket(at)cupertinobikeshop.com

Please note this year, we have MORE ROOM for vendors and you can bring in your car or truck! Free buyer parking in the Faculty Lot (no shade).

CHECK YOUR GPS for the NEW LOCATION!
    Last edited by dknoel007; 03-12-2014 at 08:04 AM.

It's about showing up.
    BTCEB will be on hand for the Endless Cycles Swap on 3/23.
    I don't rattle.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Changing Gears Bike Swap 6/1

Sales&Repairs
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtb'er
    Bicycle Guys in El Dorado Hills is having a swap meet and party this Saturday, June 27th.

The award winning Mraz Brewing is right across the street

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast