mtbr member
    Sep 2007

We the people ... TWW trail work day in Demo, 06/10

Hi folks,

It's getting kinda late in the trail work season but there is still some work to do (well, there always is). So Team Wrong Way thought it is time to organize another work day.

One of the main projects we want to tackle is the restoration of the last part of the single track on Corral. We need to get rid of that tree which is obstructing the entrance of this awesome log drop. I'm uncertain that we can get Ed in there with a chain saw but with a bunch of people and some good pruning saws we have cleared bigger messes before.

And even if that won't work, we can prepare everything and send Ed in there later, so the only thing he has to do is cut the trunk. For the rest of the work day I was thinking of looking along the sides of the Corral fire road and rebuild some of the stunts, or build new
    ones, TWW style. And if you had any ideas floating around in your head but never had the manpower to actually realize it, now is the time to speak up.

I will get tools and keys for the gate from Shane. So we can drive up Corral and get tools up there. I was also thinking of bringing some containers with water in case the dirt is too dry. We also have the opportunity to get bike trailers. So we could split up the crew and have some people enter from atop and work on stuff on the single track part. Let me know if you would be willing to tow a bike trailer.

Let's meet on the 10th at 9 in the Demo parking lot. Please give a quick shout out to me if you intend to show up. I will then go and bring some coffee, donuts and some other drinks.

Hope to see you all out there.

Erik

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'll see if I can make it on sunday. Saturday would be a easier bet.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I forgot to update this thread here. The trail work day has been called off due to the work on the bridge to the parking lot this weekend.

We will try to re-schedule.

Erik