Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    J-Flo
    Apr 2012
    Dudes, take a deep breath and chill. We are on the same side.

And as noted repeatedly above, trying to "ditch" a law enforcement officer who has asked one to stop is not only an exceedingly bad idea and far more serious than the infraction of breaking a "no bikes" rule -- it can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor that carries with it the possibility of jail time (more likely community service for a first time offender, but still...). And if the ranger falls and hurts him or herself in pursuit, it can be a felony leading to multiple years in prison. Don't even think about it!

mtbr memeber
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD
    The grant on spending is pretty broad (see "Exhibit A" at the end here: https://www.marincountyparks.org/~/m...anceno3586.pdf). Allocating funds to enforcement is explicitly allowed under (B)(1)(a)(vii), among other provisions.

Measure A funds aren't being spent as we want them to be (on building more trails, or opening more trails to mountain biking). The measure passed overwhelmingly (75% in favor, 66% required to pass). A coalition of "no" votes is necessary, and dog owners would be a great place to start. Anyone know anyone at Marin County DOG?
    I don't like the general situation, maybe even less than some of you, but I was over in Marin recently and saw some interesting things after not having been there in a while. It looks like they permanently closed Peripenny and Kneecap to everyone and traded that off to allow Perinickle to be legal. I was kind of surprised. There were Measure A signs all over the place.

I'm really diggin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpre View Post
    I don't like the general situation, maybe even less than some of you, but I was over in Marin recently and saw some interesting things after not having been there in a while. It looks like they permanently closed Peripenny and Kneecap to everyone and traded that off to allow Perinickle to be legal. I was kind of surprised. There were Measure A signs all over the place.
    I estimate the loss to win ratio is at about 4:1

We have to lose 3-4 social trails to gain one legit trail.

What’s worse is all the valuable “wins” are in one geographical area out of 5.

Communities like Novato have been left in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr memeber
    I would have thought the singletrack loss to win ratio would be infinity to zero. I didn't know there was even one win.

I'm really diggin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpre View Post
    I would have thought the singletrack loss to win ratio would be infinity to zero. I didn't know there was even one win.
    Zone 1 was a loss. Keeping less than a mile of social trail. The rest is pending an Audubon lawsuit.

Zone 2 where hunters camp trail is was overall a loss but enough was saved to keep the network connective.

Zone 3 was a total loss. Nona Dennis of rh MCL herself was quoted in the IJ has happy with the designations. Countering Linda Dahl’s statement that “no one would be happy with the outcome of the RTMP.” At this point I realized the RTMP was in fact a complete failure.

Zone 4 is probably the most misleading. There is a trail plan that is underwhelming but a slight improvement. However nearly all of the alignments are in areas that are heavily trafficked by cattle. We’ve already seen how that worked out for Crocket Hills.

The remainder of the zones are TBD but I’m not hopeful due to the overwhelming “legacy zone” designation. We will see nothing new or significant. Likely it will look like the rest of the bike legal trail network: completely lacking connectivity. Which was the problem that the RTMP was meant to address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12