mtbr member
    Jan 2005

trails in the Tahoma (Tahoe) area

I'm going to be staying in Tahoma for afew days. What are your favorite trails in that neck of the woods? Preferably one I could ride to.

Paul

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly mac
    I'm going to be staying in Tahoma for afew days. What are your favorite trails in that neck of the woods? Preferably one I could ride to.

Paul
    Stanford Rock is on that side of the lake and I think it's trailhead is close. It is a great ride! Also some good stuff outside of Tahoe City. Rim Trail, Page Meadows Ect...Go in to Cyclepath Bike shop for good gouge or the Back Country Shop in Tahoe City or Trukee. I will be going up second week of Sept. to ride all said

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    i did a ride at meek's bay a few years ago. not sure if it is still open to bikes but it's only a few minutes down the road toward emerald bay. i know of many up in truckee and north shore. western states north of alpine meadows road, sawtooth trail off of the 06 service road in truckee, bald mt. single track also off of the 06 to name a few. over in tahoe vista the regional park has some trails and on the east shore there's always mt. rose to sand harbor, flume trail, and spooner lake.

mtbr member
    Well the rubicon is right outa tahoma, head on down to the springs. Not exactly singletrack but close to ya