mtbr member
    May 2007

New question here. Trails near Salt Point SP? (near Jenner, North of Bodega Bay)

Hey everyone,
    Some pals and I will be going up to the Jenner/Salt Point State Park area soon and want to know if any of you on here have recommendations of where to go. Looking for not-to-strenuous rides; rolling hills/fire roads/easier single track sounds good. I checked the trails section of the site and couldn't find anything that sounded nearby.

Thanks in advance,
    A

mtbr member
    My Cycling Videos: Vimeo | YouTube | My Website

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks, i am reading through that thread.
    Sette Razzo 29, full X9, Reba RLT

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have ridden salt point trails on my road bike. The eastern border of the park is Seaview Rd. Which takes you to Houser Bridge and Kings Ridge, Tin barn etc. While not dirt, it is epic road riding. Where the Gran Fondo goes. Hardly ever see a car on those roads and great views.

It think there are some legal trails in SP, but it I don't think it's really Mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeph View Post
    I have ridden salt point trails on my road bike. The eastern border of the park is Seaview Rd. Which takes you to Houser Bridge and Kings Ridge, Tin barn etc. While not dirt, it is epic road riding. Where the Gran Fondo goes. Hardly ever see a car on those roads and great views.
    You might get a kick out of my video dropping down to Hauser Bridge.

Can you spot the rabbit?

My Cycling Videos: Vimeo | YouTube | My Website

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    That's the decent before the bridge?

Crazy wabbit!

Master of None
    There is a doubletrack trail right out of the Woodside campground. After a fairly steep climb you will come to the pigmy forest. Through that and on to a large meadow where the elk (once) roamed, and then down to a boggy creek. Back up again and you'll meet up with some singletrack to the left. There are some rooty sections that require walking and after a bit you'll end up on Kruse Ranch road. Ride down that but keep your eyes peeled for the singletrack on the left. After an awesome descent you end up at Hwy 1. Ride south on the hwy until you end up back at the campground.

About 10 miles total, but not easy/rolling hills. I don't think there is much of that anywhere around there.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for the replies, we might check that out.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Just as an update for the historical value of this post, we went and camped and rode and had a great time. Behind the woodside campground guard post is a parking lot with a trail head. The camp ranger told us to go there with our bikes so i guess it is allowed. We did the main trail up through the pygmy forrest and back down. Do it in the counter clockwise direction. Then you have maybe half hour or so of uphill, strenuous in places, but on a fire road so you have plenty of room. The climb is def worth it since coming down the other side the trail gets more narrow and fun. The trail is rolling and goes through the pygmy forrest, through the woods, past redwoods etc. Only saw a few people on it so we could get some fun speed at points. The climb fireroad part is more sunny and the trail down is more shaded. Recommend it for sure. Even if you are staying at the Cove campsites, your camp window ticket will get you into woodside no problem and you can park right at the bottom of the trail.
    Have fun out there!