Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    The descent of Lower Fir *is* fun (it's not fire road)!

It's worth posting Bogdan's awesome video from the last Skeggs Everything ride for his footage of the Lower Fir descent (from 0:50 to 2:00 following jmilliron down Lower Fir). If you don't want to go ride it after watching this, there's something wrong with you

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shredchic View Post
    Um, any advice on how exactly you would link up all of those trails which I agree are fun in the downhill direction - without having to do spandex xc pedal poisin in the process?? That's the whole challenge of Skeggs, IMO.
    I'm pretty sure he is just saying pick any of those trails for semi-fun downhills to start your ride then spin back up anything of your choosing. It would be a shame to ride skeggs and go down one of the fire roads and spin up one of the singletracks...although I am sure there are some that enjoy just that. Skeggs has something for mostly everyone.

I like mtn biking, too
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsterR View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is just saying pick any of those trails for semi-fun downhills to start your ride then spin back up anything of your choosing. It would be a shame to ride skeggs and go down one of the fire roads and spin up one of the singletracks...although I am sure there are some that enjoy just that. Skeggs has something for mostly everyone.
    I see, yeah, hope that post didn't come across with too much attitude... It certainly was meant more jokingly.

My first Skeggs ride was spent enjoying zipping down Timberview faster than I had ever ridden on a mountain bike before, (which at the time was not very fast), then getting down to the bottom looking at the map going, oh, oops.
    Never use your face as a brake pad.
    -Jake Watson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2