mtb'er

Trail job available

Someone here has to know someone, who knows someone that could pursue this job.

Getting a mt. bike friendly person on the inside would be good for the trails, and good for the future of MTB.

Trails Stewardship Manager, Park Stewardship Program :: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy

The parks/trails map.
    Last edited by Empty_Beer; 05-06-2013 at 10:35 AM.

I'm really diggin it!
    Thanks for posting. I am going to apply.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Beer View Post
    Someone here has to know someone, who knows someone that could pursue this job.

Getting a mt. bike friendly person on the inside would be good for the trails, and good for the future of MTB.

Trails Stewardship Manager, Park Stewardship Program :: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy

The parks/trails map.
    Thanks, I just sent this to my brother in law, in Olympia. He works for the Parks...

mtbr member

Trail job available - Golden Gate National Parks

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Simon View Post
    Go get it!!
    It would be great to have somebody with your passion for trails in that kind of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtb'er
    Sweet! I was going to PM you and a couple others the link, but figured there might be more people who might be interested as well. Thanks DS and UM

mtb'er

New Job: California Trails Conference Foundation

Another job available that can influence trail access. Executive Director of the California Trails Conference Foundation. Work from home! http://www.catrailsconference.org/PD...escription.pdf

A little more about the organization: California Trails Conference Foundation - About Us
    .... notice the absence of anyone remotely involved with MTB. It'd be great to have an mtb-friendly person in this position.

More info: California Trails and Greenways Conference

Here's the type of stuff that will be discussed at this year's annual Conference (this week):
    http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/795/fi...riptionsv2.pdf

I'm really diggin it!

Another job available that can influence trail access. Executive Director of the California Trails Conference Foundation. Work from home! http://www.catrailsconference.org/PD...escription.pdf

A little more about the organization: California Trails Conference Foundation - About Us
    .... notice the absence of anyone remotely involved with MTB. It'd be great to have an mtb-friendly person in this position.

More info: California Trails and Greenways Conference

Here's the type of stuff that will be discussed at this year's annual Conference (this week):
    http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/795/fi...riptionsv2.pdf
    Gonna apply to this one too. In 2 weeks I find out about the first job.

mtb'er
    Right on. Keep us posted.

I think this latest one might suit a bike friendly, retired State Parks or USFS type of person pretty well too. So if anyone knows that guy or gal that was a good ally when they worked at whichever agency, but is now retired, please shoot 'em an email and see if he/she might be interested. Can't hurt to ask!

I'm really diggin it!

Right on. Keep us posted.

I think this latest one might suit a bike friendly, retired State Parks or USFS type of person pretty well too. So if anyone knows that guy or gal that was a good ally when they worked at whichever agency, but is now retired, please shoot 'em an email and see if he/she might be interested. Can't hurt to ask!
    I haz sadz:

May 20, 2013
    Dear David:
    Thank you for your letter, your resume, and your enthusiasm regarding the Trails Stewardship Manger position with the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy. We received responses from many talented people and the decision on whom to interview was very difficult.
    While your application had many strengths clearly related to this position, I’m sorry to tell you that your name was not included in the list of people to be interviewed. Although you have not been chosen for an interview, I hope that you will not be overly disappointed. With very few exceptions, the quality of applications I received was extremely high. Our inability to offer an interview is not so much related to any deficiency; rather, other candidates simply competed even more strongly for the job.
    I thank you for your interest in the position.
    Sincerely,

Sue Gardner
    Director, Park Stewardship Program

It's about showing up.
    Ya gotta say it is a nice letter that lets an ex-fighter pilot who plays in the dirt down easy.
    I don't rattle.

I'm really diggin it!

Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    Ya gotta say it is a nice letter that lets an ex-fighter pilot who plays in the dirt down easy.
    I don't know Mike. I really got my hopes up. Sleeping in my own bed every night and riding my bike to work would never ever be taken for granted.

I'm still looking for opportunities outside of aviation, which has been a real let down.

If anyone knows of anything worthwhile please LMK. My criteria is something that will allow me to pursue being an advocate for mountain biking in the Bay Area.

It's about showing up.
    The list of names for that job is really long. That's how it is in this area. The line for the EBRPD jobs is amazing.
    I don't rattle.

I'm really diggin it!

Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike View Post
    The list of names for that job is really long. That's how it is in this area. The line for the EBRPD jobs is amazing.
    I just mean a job that pays a living wage and doesn't require sleeping in a hotel room 200+ nights a year.

mtb'er

Peninsula Open Space Trust

Red emailed this to me... maybe somebody knows somebody that's mtb friendly that would be a good fit:

LAND ASSISTANT - Peninsula Open Space Trust (POST)

Land Assistant

Peninsula Open Space Trust ("POST") is one of the nation's most dynamic and successful local land trusts. Over its 35 year history POST has protected over 70,000 acres of open space along the Skyline Ridge, the San Francisco Peninsula, the Santa Cruz Mountain range and along the San Mateo County Coast.

The mission of the Peninsula Open Space Trust (POST) is to protect and care for open space, farms and parkland in and around Silicon Valley. POST is shaping a vibrant ecosystem for Silicon Valley - a network of protected lands that provide scenic beauty, clean air and water, locally grown food, and a place for people and wildlife to thrive. Please see our website at: POST.

BASIC FUNCTION OR PURPOSE OF POSITION

This position reports to the Conservation Project Manager to assist with land acquisition-related real estate research, cartography, and other program-related tasks. Provides administrative support to the Land Department as needed, including the VP of Acquisition.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB

•Investigates and researches potential projects including:
    -Conducts density analyses, research of property ownership, natural resources, and potential partners.
    -Analyzes market value of potential acquisitions using market data, analysis of zoning and planning policies, development potential and economics of development.
    -Researches landowner background.
    -Performs property valuation analyses and density credit analyses on planning and transfer properties.

•Conducts real estate market research, including analysis of recent sales and listings.

•Produces GIS maps of land acquisition project properties and regional plans.

•Supports land acquisition and transfer transactions on tasks that include letter and contract preparation, title review, document organization, coordination of site visits, vendor, and attorneys, as well as general departmental support.

•Under the guidance of the Conservation Project Manager, assists in land acquisition, transfer and funding projects as appropriate.

•Provides general support to the entire Land Department as needed.

•Handles special projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned, such as creating reports in response to inquiries by the Board of Directors.

•Performs general office duties and administrative support to the Land Department, including the VP of Acquisition, as required, including preparing meeting materials, filing, processing invoices, A/V setup, calendar coordination and transactional support.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES

Supervises Land Department intern when applicable.

KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB
    •College degree required, graduate degree strongly preferred.
    •Minimum one year experience in conservation land transactions.
    •Strong GIS mapping skills required.
    •Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
    •Ability to effectively collaborate with wide variety of individuals and groups.
    •Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple tasks.
    •Outstanding organizational, planning and analytical skills.
    •Excellent interpersonal skills.
    •Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
    •Familiarity with local geographic area.
    •Proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint and other common computer and administrative support tools and skills.
    •Valid California Driver's License.
    •Professional appearance and demeanor.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS

Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Must be able to hike rough terrain. This position requires occasional evening and weekend work.

POST is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.

To apply, please reply to this ad with your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why you connect with POST's mission and why this job is a good fit for you. No phone calls, please.

POST is located in downtown Palo Alto, conveniently located for public transit.

I'm really diggin it!

Red emailed this to me... maybe somebody knows somebody that's mtb friendly that would be a good fit:

LAND ASSISTANT - Peninsula Open Space Trust (POST)

Land Assistant

Peninsula Open Space Trust ("POST") is one of the nation's most dynamic and successful local land trusts. Over its 35 year history POST has protected over 70,000 acres of open space along the Skyline Ridge, the San Francisco Peninsula, the Santa Cruz Mountain range and along the San Mateo County Coast.

The mission of the Peninsula Open Space Trust (POST) is to protect and care for open space, farms and parkland in and around Silicon Valley. POST is shaping a vibrant ecosystem for Silicon Valley - a network of protected lands that provide scenic beauty, clean air and water, locally grown food, and a place for people and wildlife to thrive. Please see our website at: POST.

BASIC FUNCTION OR PURPOSE OF POSITION

This position reports to the Conservation Project Manager to assist with land acquisition-related real estate research, cartography, and other program-related tasks. Provides administrative support to the Land Department as needed, including the VP of Acquisition.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB

•Investigates and researches potential projects including:
    -Conducts density analyses, research of property ownership, natural resources, and potential partners.
    -Analyzes market value of potential acquisitions using market data, analysis of zoning and planning policies, development potential and economics of development.
    -Researches landowner background.
    -Performs property valuation analyses and density credit analyses on planning and transfer properties.

•Conducts real estate market research, including analysis of recent sales and listings.

•Produces GIS maps of land acquisition project properties and regional plans.

•Supports land acquisition and transfer transactions on tasks that include letter and contract preparation, title review, document organization, coordination of site visits, vendor, and attorneys, as well as general departmental support.

•Under the guidance of the Conservation Project Manager, assists in land acquisition, transfer and funding projects as appropriate.

•Provides general support to the entire Land Department as needed.

•Handles special projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned, such as creating reports in response to inquiries by the Board of Directors.

•Performs general office duties and administrative support to the Land Department, including the VP of Acquisition, as required, including preparing meeting materials, filing, processing invoices, A/V setup, calendar coordination and transactional support.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES

Supervises Land Department intern when applicable.

KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB
    •College degree required, graduate degree strongly preferred.
    •Minimum one year experience in conservation land transactions.
    •Strong GIS mapping skills required.
    •Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
    •Ability to effectively collaborate with wide variety of individuals and groups.
    •Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple tasks.
    •Outstanding organizational, planning and analytical skills.
    •Excellent interpersonal skills.
    •Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
    •Familiarity with local geographic area.
    •Proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint and other common computer and administrative support tools and skills.
    •Valid California Driver's License.
    •Professional appearance and demeanor.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS

Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Must be able to hike rough terrain. This position requires occasional evening and weekend work.

POST is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.

To apply, please reply to this ad with your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why you connect with POST's mission and why this job is a good fit for you. No phone calls, please.

POST is located in downtown Palo Alto, conveniently located for public transit.
    I'll send off another resume...

mtb'er
    More jobs:

Infiltrate MROSD: Openspace.org - About Us - Employment Opportunities

Infiltrate California State Parks Foundation: http://leadershipsearch.com/docs/VP_...Foundation.pdf

Infiltrate the Sierra Club: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH15/ats/ca...&cws=1&rid=430
    (search "Complete Job Listings for several other SF based positions)

Move to Colorado for a sweet gig: Summit County, CO - Official Website

Can a Mod please delete "Golden Gate National Park" from the thread title?

mtbr member

I'm still looking for opportunities outside of aviation, which has been a real jet down.
    ...fixed

mtbr member
    Thanks for the leads, I'm applying.

mtb'er
    Similar to how Access4Bikes is vetting out candidates in Marin who are bike friendly, and who could ultimately change things in Marin politically, the mtb community should be circulating these Land Manager type job openings to bicycle friendly people. Maybe you aren't the right person for this job, but do you know someone who is? They don't necessarily have to be looking for a job... just pass the info along and let her/him know that you think they should seriously consider applying for the position. You never know... someone could take the leap... and ultimately help make parks & recreation more mtb friendly:

Deputy Director of Parks & Recreation - County of Santa Clara

via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/17402652

HEY MODS! CAN YOU DELETE "GOLDEN GATE NATIONAL PARKS" FROM THE THREAD TITLE????

Like a boss.
    The Bay Area Open Space Council has a website that's more or less a clearinghouse for these kinds of positions in the Bay Area:

Bay Area Open Space Council | COMMUNITY | Employment Opportunities
    Quote Originally Posted by jbt56
    Are you a whiny Marin liberal, or a hand-wringing Berkeley liberal?

mtb'er
    ^ Awesome! Thanks. Bookmarked!