Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Trail Head Cyclery Swap 4/7/13!!

Lars must be too busy flinging product out the door, it looks like Spring Swap meet is this Sunday @ 7AM!

Welcome to TRAIL HEAD CYCLERY

Considering the proximity of Fox Shox, Fox Head, Specialized, X-Fusion, Ibis, and Santa Cruz Bicycles there are always tons of deals on mtb parts/bikes and gear.

Always enough tarnished chrome, road bikes from 1985, and half links to keep the skinny jeans messenger bag crowd happy too.

Captain Trail Head
    Ha ha! Busy for sure, with CCCX events, dirt demo's to get permits for, yadda yadda yadda :-) But thanks for getting this out there! Funny I was just about to do it and you beat me to it. Radness.

Here is what I cut and pasted from the Craigslist ad;

The THC SWAP MEETS have been going on twice a year since 1999, and it just keeps getting better! Just check out the pics, it goes off.

Sunday, April 7th will be no different...

Trail Head Cyclery puts together the easiest bicycle swap meet ever. Easy to find, easy to park, easy to buy, easy to sell. Plus, there is a huge established bike shop right there to bounce ideas off of, get opinions on stuff and SCORE good deals in the shop to round things out. One stop awesome bike day to get your season on!

Buyers. This event is FREE. There are two ATM's on site (BofA and Bank of the West). Across the street you'll find Citi and Wells.

RAFFLE RAFFLE RAFFLE. The shop will be hosting a raffle to raise money for the Soquel Demo Flow Trail project. Buyers get 2 FREE tickets when they show us what they found. Tickets sell for three bucks. Win all kinds of cool stuff! Plus, when your number is called you get to choose the prize,,, Be it some good service stuff like cables and housing or gear from helmets and gloves to shorts and jerseys. Tires and grips for sure, even some Fox sunglasses! Multiple winners picked on the hour from 9 until 3 in front of the shop at the Flag Pole.

Sellers: Spaces are $20 per normal vehicle. Trailers count as a second vehicle. Big ass trucks are two vehicles. Drive in, set up next to your vehicle and sell baby sell. Then pack up and drive out! Like I said. Easy. Feel free to carpool and share a space with your friends! That way you can go peruse the swap while the other stays in your booth to sell stuff.

NOTE to Sellers though, we will not be able to fit any more sellers after 8 AM. It will fill to capacity before then and I will cut it off. Get there early! Most vets are there before 7 AM setting up a rad booth. That is your competition folks! Breakfast is available on site at the most awesome cafe next door to the shop called The Heartbeat Cafe, and Sunny Donuts across the street, Peet's and Boulanger too just to name a few.

If all you have is one item, like a fork let's say, just strap it to your pack with a sign and walk around for free. Only spaces cost mullah.

Trail Head Cyclery will be open at 8 am with a storewide SALE going down and mix master DJ Blair rocking the tunes!

The shop is located in the Cambrian Park Plaza at the corner of Union and Camden Avenues. Under the old sign carousel with the Curious George riding his red bike. You can exit onto Union from Hwy 85 or exit onto Camden from Hwy 17 (880).

Feel free to call us with any questions or just swing by the shop to check it out first!

411;;
    When: Sellers set up window is 6 AM to 8 AM, goes 'till it's done.
    Where: Trail Head Cyclery
    Why: Find rad bike stuff for a deal or sell to make cash!
    Who: You and your friends and more you didn't know. Many I only see at these events...

Thank you to all the sellers for making this event happen!

Thank you to all the buyers who make the sellers happy to be there!

Ride hard, take chances,,,
    Lars

Trail Head Cyclery
    14390 Union Ave.
    San Jose, CA 95124
    408-369-9666
    Welcome to TRAIL HEAD CYCLERY

mtbr member
    Sweet.. imma be there. Looking for a cheap cyclocross, 26/29er singlespeed bike or 29er frame...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Awesome! I have a few parts to unload: a fork and a couple of brakes and rotors.

mtbr member
    Sweeeet. Perfect timing to come on some dough. Arider...wanna share a spot? Gotta make sure I don't accidently sell one of my old prototype Xfusion forks this time.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Think I'll have to come look around just to see what I see. Not gonna find anything if I don't at least look.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

mtbr member
    Aloha Lars,

Wish I could make it. It's been way too long since I've been up there visiting your shop and riding in the area. Some day I will return for demos and other fun times.

VRC Illuminati
    Bummer. This'll be the first TH Swap I've missed in quite a while.

Definitely a growing, good event!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: Syncros 27.2 x 425 seatpost, 26.8 x 400 IRD seatpost

mtbr member
    I'll have to check this out. I need a few things.

Puro Vida!

Trail Head Cyclery Swap 4/7/13!!

I have a couple frames and a talas to sale and bunch of small stuff-anyone want to share a spot?

Captain Trail Head
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats View Post
    Aloha Lars,

Wish I could make it. It's been way too long since I've been up there visiting your shop and riding in the area. Some day I will return for demos and other fun times.
    Mahalo gmats! We'll be here when you come back... Hope the trails are tasty where you are!

Captain Trail Head
    Quote Originally Posted by ncruz408 View Post
    Sweet.. imma be there. Looking for a cheap cyclocross, 26/29er singlespeed bike or 29er frame...
    Jeff here at the shop is selling his complete Jake the Snake...

mtbr member
    I plan on being here early and selling a metric ton of stuff. I should have room if someone wants just to offload a few items though. I don't mind sharing! Shoot me a PM if you need some room!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice event today. Unfortunately nobody sells tools, which what I was hunting for. At least managed to score a chain breaking tool for $5, so not a total waste.

mtbr member
    Crap i missed it.

Puro Vida!

I was there-Bassn was near by selling also. Ridin High helped us both out as well. I did good-sold three frames, a coupke wheel sets and various parts-
    Was a last minute decision-Bassn and I helped motivate each other to go.
    Saw a couple of you out there too.

Definitely a great event to sell your stuff. I remember checking out the first one and it has definitely grown in size. Only recommendation-when you first get there-like the flea market (if you've ever sold stuff at the capital flea market) -people will gather to your site when you get there and grab stuff asking how much before you can setup fully. Just be prepared for them.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by paulney View Post
    Nice event today. Unfortunately nobody sells tools, which what I was hunting for. At least managed to score a chain breaking tool for $5, so not a total waste.
    The swap meet behind Cupertino Bike shop at the end of April here has more people with tools. Still, not a lot, but I have seen a few vendors with them.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

Captain Trail Head
    Quick thank you to everyone who came out!! Super awesome day with about 80 sellers and a bagillion bikers scoring great deals.

Deal of the day from the THC booth? An S-Works Safire frame with Carbon brain fork, hs and xtr fd. How much? $300

Score!!

Saw a guy load a sweet hitch rack onto his car right from the booth! Damn, that was rad.

Saw another guy score a classic Klein Rascal, pink/purple!! *****in Camero...

Well thanks to all the sellers and buyers for making this years Spring Swap a success. I have the Spooky Swap slated for October 20th for those of you who slept in...

-Lars

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lars@thc View Post
    Jeff here at the shop is selling his complete Jake the Snake...
    Darn.. couldn't make it out.. Did he sell it? if not how much is he asking for also what size?

MarkyMark
    I got there early (9ish) and picked up some more stuff for my spare parts box (new XT 9-spd shifters and brake rotor). There were lots of good deals.

I saw someone walking away with nice Park wheel truing stand and a big smile. I don't know what I'd do with it, but it might have been cheap enough to justify buying had I gotten there a few minutes earlier. ;-)

Puro Vida!

Bassn was selling a new T2-2 truing stand hella cheap! Don't think he even used it once? I just bought one a bit ago or I would have snatched it right up-

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I couldn't make it due to bf duties my boys did and score me 2 Yeti saddles.. Heard I missed a set of 29er havens

Industry Vet
    Jul 2012
    First off thanks to THC for putting on another killer swap meet.

To the D-bag who was walking around stealing stuff off people's tables, namely my XTR V-brake set. I hope the trail gods find you and serve swift justice on your next crash.

Puro Vida!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepDave View Post
    First off thanks to THC for putting on another killer swap meet.

To the D-bag who was walking around stealing stuff off people's tables, namely my XTR V-brake set. I hope the trail gods find you and serve swift justice on your next crash.
    Yeah-when I got first got there and put my box of small parts on the table-I instantly had a small group of guys putting their hands in and all asking for prices before I could really set up-just like the capital flea market. I know sometimes they do this in order to walk off with things when your distracted. Or just to get to the good stuff before others. But I did remember looking at my watch and it was only 7:30 and thinking that it started at 8.
    Still happy I went. Sold lots of stuff that's just been sitting in the garage for too long. Also ended up getting some new cool stuff. Sorry to hear you got ripped off-can only hope the brakes fail on them when they need them most. Thanks Lars for the cool event.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    I had wondered about thieves when you first mentioned all the people crowding you at first.

Sounds like a possible good idea would be to leave one part out until they buy it, so that it would be pretty much worthless if they stole it. I'm guessing these guys probably just flip the stolen items, but that would be funny if you come remove a screw and the hole brake just came apart on them.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast