Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    swag ho Administrator

Trail Conditions Report - Week of Nov. 19

Ok, it is time to start these up again. That wa s ton of rain!

I'll start. Kennedy was soft yesterday most of the way up but all mud and puddles were avoidable. It will be perfect today.

fc

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just called SCC Trail Closure Hotline. STCP is open - I'll be riding out there today.

If anybody is curious, call (408) 355-2200, Press 7 and choose the number of the trail you want to hear about. #4 is STCP.

my body breaks the falls
    Mission Peak from Ohlone was surprisingly great yesterday. Even the section of sloped single track that is usually a mud pit was firm.
    $500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Just called SCC Trail Closure Hotline. STCP is open - I'll be riding out there today.

If anybody is curious, call (408) 355-2200, Press 7 and choose the number of the trail you want to hear about. #4 is STCP.
    Yeah, I'll be riding there Tuesday. Wednesday looks like more rain...

mtbr member
    Demo was incredible yesterday besides the climb up sulfur.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverbiker View Post
    Demo was incredible yesterday besides the climb up sulfur.
    There's nothing incredible about sulfur. Under any weather conditions.

mtbr member
    How are trails in Marin? Anybody to report on Tamarancho/China Camp?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    China Camp was soggy and the mud was sticky on Friday and a bit worse on Sunday before noon but some sections were perfect, probably better today.

Sidenote: Friday afternoon I saw a SRPD patrol car cruising the road by the Nike site, never seen local PD up there before.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Santa Cruz actually seems to be drying up fairly well. Give it a couple days to avoid slogging up the muddy sections. Thanks to all who refrained yesterday. Probably kept the damage to a few wet sections to a minimum.

ask
    user

LG and Saratoga Gap

Los Gatos - In general that place holds up well. Jones, Overgown, PowerPoles, Kennedy Rollers, and Dogmeat were very ridable yesterday, with a few squishy spots. Should be fine later this week if we don't get a ton more rain.

Looks like Peters Creek Trail and Long Ridge Trail are CLOSED to bikes and horses. Hope they open up soon.

Openspace.org - Your Preserves - Trail Conditions + Closures

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I'll start. Kennedy was soft yesterday most of the way up but all mud and puddles were avoidable. It will be perfect today.

fc
    rode it before work today - was indeed perfect

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just got back from STCP to test my new forky.

Completely dry, a tad bit soft on the dark side of Stile Ranch, but aside from that, it's business as usual. The rain brought up some of the rocks, so right now they are planted in. Those things will turn into ninja marbles when it really dries out - but I think there's a drizzle coming on Wednesday.

Anyhow - good time to ride it. As per usual, the horses have destroyed the path from Harry Rd., so use extra Polydent on those dentures. It's damn bumpy.

Ted
    Ted in real life
    Fremont Older was great today. Mostly hero dirt with an occasional muddy spot that was easy to avoid. Lots of horse hoof damage to the upper trails.

mtbr member
    Has anyone tried Auburn yet, the trails here in Granite Bay have been perfect but I am getting the itch for something more challenging. I am hoping to head up there Tuesday but will hold off if it is to muddy.

Just Ride!!!!!
    Steven's Canyon (Canyon trail and Bella Vista trail) were awesome. Lots of traction.

mtbr member
    areas around Demo were pretty incredible...seems the dirt wants to be ridden fast.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

mtbr member
    I went to Waterdog this morning. Some sections were a bit too tacky but overall it was good.

Hoki

J-Flo
    Apr 2012

Annadel?

Anyone know the conditions at Annadel? Specifically, Ridge, Marsh, South/North Burma, Rough Go? Forecast calls for more rain Tue-Wed but I am visiting my in-laws who live right next door on Thanksgiving and I just have to ride!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfloren View Post
    Anyone know the conditions at Annadel? Specifically, Ridge, Marsh, South/North Burma, Rough Go? Forecast calls for more rain Tue-Wed but I am visiting my in-laws who live right next door on Thanksgiving and I just have to ride!
    Rode Annadel yesterday. Was wet and muddy in sections, but rough and go was Okay albeit slippery, but made it a little more fun IMO! Marsh was no problem. South/North Burma was fun and a little slippery, but that just increased the thrill factor. Although at the end of South Burma they changed the trail... Made the last section of South Burma a boring switch back to the fire road. Bottom line is it's rideable but be careful on the rocky sections.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I rode there tonight, and it was mostly perfect! There were a few mud puddles here and there, but for the most part it seemed to drain quite well!

Poacher
    Sep 2010

Skyline NAPA perfect monday

Rode Skyline from Napa College, Buckeye, lap around Lake Marie, Over to frisbee golf area, back through lot, and very little water. That place drains well. 1st wet ride up there in 15 months, alot of slippery rocks (I am used to super grippy 95 degree days there). Really great riding, and only took 40 min drive from Berkeley. Did not add lolly-pop loop past Lake Marie as that is usually horrible mud until May. I Usually climb back up to Skyline trail at the end, but ran out of time as we had to pay $2 to park at college. Maybe main park entrance for $5 a person is worth it if you make the drive from bay, and need unlimited time (but that run to and from college rips!)

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Skeggs was good yesterday. There were a few puddles here and there but still great. Especially giant salamander.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinrob View Post
    Has anyone tried Auburn yet, the trails here in Granite Bay have been perfect but I am getting the itch for something more challenging. I am hoping to head up there Tuesday but will hold off if it is to muddy.
    I still think we should have a separate sticky note for each area so you dont have to search through a bunch of posts about areas you're not interested in to find the current conditions at the area you are heading towards.

But here goes.

Rode FHDL late monday afternoon. Great conditions. There's a few manhole sized puddles. The clean sections of the trail are super tacky. The wet leaf litter will make some of the steep punchy climb sections a little more challenging; good time of the year for a nobby. But the beauty factor is off the chart with about 1/2 the orange leaves on the trees and the other 1/2 on the ground. The shady side of the hills are a little cool in the afternoon so pack a vest or jacket if you're riding late.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Santa Cruz

Rode at Cowell yesterday. Sandy areas were nice, ended up turning around to leave some of the real trail just to avoid adding to the ruts that were created by weekend crew. Not horrible, but didn't want to make it worse. Only slightly muddy, and all of the wider track/ fire road is rideable.

Raining again from early this morning. SC probably better left alone until later in the week.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Mission Peak, Stanford Side was great this morning. Velcro traction at a few places.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast