Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Rider of Gnarl

Demo was insanity!

Demo was perfect this morning. Dirt was like Velcro. Not muddy at all. I'm going to hi-five everybody I see for the rest of the day b/c that was freaking awesome.

mtbr member
    Skaggs was perfect Saturday morning.

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    I was about to say how awesome 2 hours at JMP was (AWESOME), until I saw GNARLRIDER post. I am bummed I didn't go to DEMO. Hahaha. Great day though!

Mtn View, CA
    Hero dirt at Arastradero in the shady singletrack today. Lots of people so it was hard to get some speed.
    Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed...

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Demo high fives going on here too. I freaking love that place. We're so lucky!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by peletonnissen View Post
    UCSC/Wilder?
    Upper portions really quite nice today. Probably even better tomorrow.

There were some puddles/mud in sections that don't get as much sun. I'll be heading out again tomorrow.

-j

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Annadel today = tacky town.

mtbr member
    I did all of most of the confluence trails today and they were the best I have ever seen them! Connector was tacky flowy goodness and FHDL was off the charts. If you have a chance get up there now because conditions like do not happen very often or last to long.

J-Flo
    Apr 2012
    Annadel was fantastic on Thanksgiving and Friday. Rode Two Quarry, Marsh, Ridge, South and North Burma in various directions. Lots of puddles on the South part of Ridge but they don't matter as long as you don't mind getting muddy. The Ridge descent heading North from the top and the South Burma descent (again, heading North) are both as near perfect as one could imagine. The rockier parts of the Two Quarry ascent (singletrack part) were difficult for me, but that was just because the trail is difficult. Lots of damp/wet rocks in the morning under the tree cover but they aren't slippery.

PRETENDURO
    STCP=awesomeness with a heapin’ helpin’ of hero dirt still available to all. Git-r-dun before the horses fuck it all up.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarlRider View Post
    Demo was perfect this morning. Dirt was like Velcro. Not muddy at all. I'm going to hi-five everybody I see for the rest of the day b/c that was freaking awesome.
    Ditto. Weather was not so bad either. Hi5

I'm not sure how this works.

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinrob View Post
    I did all of most of the confluence trails today and they were the best I have ever seen them! Connector was tacky flowy goodness and FHDL was off the charts. If you have a chance get up there now because conditions like do not happen very often or last to long.

Good to hear. Did you see a crazy amount of people out? I plan on hitting auburn tomorrow, sunday.

mtbr member
    Mills Peak....epicness.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Emmigrant in Truckee is pretty soupy. Parts are like pudding. The rest is epic. I'd pick something different till it freezes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinrob View Post
    Enjoyed most of the Auburn trails today myself - and I concur. Amazing dirt, perfect temps. Get after it while it lasts.

-jm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Loves to suffer
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Good to hear. Did you see a crazy amount of people out? I plan on hitting auburn tomorrow, sunday.
    I rode those trails Saturday starting at noon, and I saw more foot traffic than cyclists. There were only a handful of riders out, including one climbing Confluence while I was descending it. He said something to me but I couldn't understand what. My helmet cam was overwhelmed with wind noise so it didn't pick up anything.

I saw more riders at trailheads than on the trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Ditto on what Huck said. Best to avoid that area because it's getting thrashed with everyone mud bogging in it(myself included). I think I'm going to head out wednesday from Donner Camp before the storm to try and flatten the ruts before they set up permanently. If anyone is interested in joining me send me a message and I will supply mcleods.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Fremont Older was great today. Mostly hero dirt with an occasional muddy spot that was easy to avoid. Lots of horse hoof damage to the upper trails.
    Rode FO yesterday and it was very nice. All the trails (including Toyon) were open again and the horse hoof craters we pretty much packed down by the bike wheels. Only a few greasy corners in the deeply shaded sections. Pretty crowded on the main drag up to Hunters Point, but get off that main trail and it was almost deserted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3