Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trail conditions report - week of jan 2

10K views 90 replies 57 participants last post by  timbo2000 
#1 ·
Let us chronicle the drying of NorCal post rainpocalypse with actual trail reports and photos.

Fc

#2 ·
STCP is open, but still very sloppy in some areas. Stile Ranch trail is probably the worst I've ever seen it: the rain ran through it like a creek and brought up every softball out of the ground possible. Rocky Ridge is muddy at the bottom. Dirt was extremely difficult to climb, but in the places where there isn't a lot of clay it was great for descending.

The place was infested with trail zombies yesterday.

#3 ·
To add to Dion's:

In STCP, Fortini / Mine Hill where it's downhill of the gravel sections and not yet into the single track looks like it's been torn up with a roto-tiller. You can see the 1ft wide singletrack on the very edge of the trail that people have "made" to go around the slop/ruts.

#4 ·
Skyline, Napa.
Little wet going up buckeye, puddles here and there. Down manzanita is slippery due to all the leaves. Very rideable, just don't get your feet wet crossing the creeks, water is ice cold!

Rockville, Fairfield
Hero dirt conditions, will probably even be dusty in spots with a day or 2 more dry weather. The rocks are a little slick especially the off camber stuff. Few small puddles on Tilley side, but nothing to worry about. Go ride!

#25 ·
I did not get pictures but china was great, one spot was muddy and sticky, other wise super

:thumbsup:
Yikes! Your Super varies greatly from mine. Rode it today and thought it was too muddy to even be out there, but slogged through a short loop anyway. Bay View, Bay Hill, and Bay Ridge had running water heading down the singletrack. Starting to rut out pretty bad especially at switchbacks. Echo was ok. Shoreline and Oak Ridge were muddy messes. Wont be going back for another week at least. I am a big baby.:)

#11 ·
STCP got worse :(

My dog's water bucket having a layer of 1/2" thick ice should've been an indicator of how slushy it was going to be. Very difficult to climb, but when you descend and turn your front wheel 90º and keep going straight? You got clay issues!

#15 ·
Rode Skeggs on Sunday. It was very good, some very small puddles on the lower portions but the trail was firm and sticky! First time in 7 months of living up here that I've gotten to ride Skeggs with no dust! I was amazed!

Enjoy it while it lasts! I'll be out there this weekend and then over to Alice's for some Chicken Wings and beer! :thumbsup:

#19 ·
How do the burmas hold up? Think it should be good by Saturday or should we try something else?
I forgot to say I started on S. Burma from the meadow but it was a slopfest and I didn't feel like pedaling up anymore of that after RG & Marsh. I've ridden N. Burma in the rain and it's been fine.

Oat Hill Mine in Calistoga is a great winter ride if you haven't done that yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.