Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trail conditions report - week of jan 2

10K views 90 replies 57 participants last post by  timbo2000 
#1 ·
Let us chronicle the drying of NorCal post rainpocalypse with actual trail reports and photos.

Fc

#68 ·
Learned the hard way to always check if STCP is open. People were still riding though so I don't know if I could have gone ahead and ridden anyway. There was a park employee truck parked in a field though so I was nervous. Saw Arastradero was open and went there instead. Was a little muddy in some spots, especially if there was shade. Unfortunately that dirt just sticks to your tires so I don't know what to do with my bike now.

#75 ·
All the best trails at waterdog are pretty bad. Canyon creek is a full on mud slick, and I couldn't ride confidently on rambler. Actually fell in a thorn bush going up the bridges after my tire just started spinning in the mud. I thought waterdog drained better? The jumps and track on the otherside at Hastings were actually pretty good. Skeggs was good over the weekend going there now. +1 on the giant redwood down on blue Blossum. Almost as bad as the tree down at demo.

#78 ·
Rode Skeggs early this morning, was 32 with icy pavement in parking lot. Not too bad once I got going. A little boggy in spots and slippery on leaves, overall really fun ride.

Water breaks on North leaf were freshly built up, serious launchers if taken with speed.

Huge down tree climbing up methuselah, already a ride around though.

Should be hero dirt soon, no rain in forecast for awhile.

Attachments

#83 ·
Skeggs 1/13

Rode Skeggs early this morning, was 32 with icy pavement in parking lot. Not too bad once I got going. A little boggy in spots and slippery on leaves, overall really fun ride.

Water breaks on North leaf were freshly built up, serious launchers if taken with speed.

Huge down tree climbing up methuselah, already a ride around though.

Should be hero dirt soon, no rain in forecast for awhile.
Rode today and the trails are excellent! Lots of riders and the dirt is nice. Steam Donkey is probably the only trail not worth the time right now. Everything else is great!:thumbsup:

#82 ·
We rode Skyline this morning, up buckeye, around the lake, down manzanita and back out on river to ridge trail. Conditions are pretty good considering all the rain we have had. A few slick sections here and there. The worst being after the switchbacks going down manzanita. Your bike will need a bath after the ride, but it's very ride-able. The college parking lot was packed with riders when we showed up around 9am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.