Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    swag ho Administrator

Trail Conditions Report - Week of Jan. 14

Sixty degrees is going to feel like seventy. Hoo-rah!

fc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail Conditions Report - Week of Jan. 14-7day_kron-1-.gif  

Wēk Sôs
    looks like a busy weekend coming up, might need to get out early to beat the crowds.

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Today at oat hill was icy Trail Conditions Report - Week of Jan. 14-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358218875.203172.jpg

PRETENDURO
    It would appear as though this week’s forecast is b¡tchin’ with a heapin’ helpin’ of awesome. I think I’ll go for a ride somewhere tomorrow.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Skeggs was very fine midday on Saturday and Tamarancho was perfectly acceptable for two full loops today with it being only a bit mucky at the start of Wagon Wheel after Serpentine and the later coming up Broken Dam, but A-ok, much warmer this afternoon too.

My spoon is too big!
    Rockville was rockin' on Saturday. Hoping to hit Skeggs this weekend.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
    J. R. R. Tolkien

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Resist the temptation to check out the newly reopened Tractor at Demo. Logging road, nasty little water bars, mud bogs, etc - no fun down or up. Braille is in great shape except for the big tree down near the bottom.

middle ring single track

Should have dried out by...

...now but some trails at Coe are being kept muddy due to the freezing conditions:
    Jim Donnelly Trail at 2:30 today.
    The views and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not represent any policy of the CA Dept. of Parks & Rec.

Lightly salted
    Auburn, Annadel or Demo conditions?

Im looking to do a 20+ mile wednesday ride at 1 of the 3 places tomorrow. I just can't decide which one. Any word on conditions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Auburn, Annadel or Demo conditions?

Im looking to do a 20+ mile wednesday ride at 1 of the 3 places tomorrow. I just can't decide which one. Any word on conditions.
    annadel had a few muddy spots this weekend, but not bad over all. i went up canyon, up marsh to buick meadow, then down south burma and back down canyon.

99% of south burma was perfect, just the last 100' or so that was super muddy, and rutted. not sure if its a drainage design issue, or if its the soil type.
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Cold and Frozen! At lease fairly dry though....
    my B+W landscape photos ....www.f45.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Waterdog was good on Friday except for a few peanut-buttery (but rideable spots) on the outer loop (John Brooks ->Rambler > Finch > Upper Creek > Lower Elevator > Chapparal > John Brooks > Berry > Lake road. With dry conditions this week, it should be primo.

swag ho Administrator
    Just finished riding Waterdog. It was good then it sucked. Lake Loop has a mud bog, Finch Trail and Chaparral are pretty soft in spots.

It's classic Waterdog as once it gets wet, it takes so long to dry off as many areas get so cold and never see the sun.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    is demo going to be ok by sunday?

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    is demo going to be ok by sunday?
    Why yes! What about our putbol party though?

fc

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    but sunday is my only free day to ride </whine>

long early ride at waterdog?

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Why yes! What about our putbol party though?

fc
    Last edited by rox; 01-16-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Poacher
    Sep 2010

Skyline NAPA. Not so great 1-17-2013

So I expected Skyline to be very dry as we have only had one rain day in the last 2 weeks. Unfortunately, that place is so North facing that it just will not dry. The trails are getting pounded by bikes, and the 16 inch single track is 3 feet wide as people try to bypass the muddy sections. Kind of sad looking, and I hope the grass grows back on the edges. Some of the S turns are being straightlined too, and that is just wrong. Trail Abusers! Sorry Napa locals, I probably will stop riding until spring up there.

mtbr member

Demo/SDF (mostly) perfect 01-18-2013

Rode Demo today, Buzzards-Cossacks-Ridge-Sawpit. Other than mud in the usual spots on Cossacks, conditions were spectacular (and real). No mud, no moisture on the wood, no dust. Perfect!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesroll View Post
    Rode Demo today, Buzzards-Cossacks-Ridge-Sawpit. Other than mud in the usual spots on Cossacks, conditions were spectacular (and real). No mud, no moisture on the wood, no dust. Perfect!
    Rode Braille yesterday, gold. It was so fast

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Anybody ridden Skeggs lately? It's been a while for but don't want to return yet if it's gonna cause damage.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Skeggs was great last Saturday, will be better now...

ask
    user
    Gap was good (and finally open) early yesterday morning. Some frozen mud on Peters Creek... But not too bad.

Skeggs was amazing this afternoon... Except for Mid Pen. No other cars out there with bike racks this afternoon. I didn't see anyone else out on the trails the entire time I was there... except for 1 ranger hanging out with his radar gun on the lead up to Blue Blossom waiting to pull me over. Weak sauce. Dirt was great though. Still a huge tree down on BB. The tree on Methuselah got cleared out though.

Hoping Demo is good tomorrow.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    waterdog is muddy

mtbr member
    Skeggs was good yesterday. THe only mud I encountered was on Fir (and it's a fire road so no big deal).

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    waterdog is muddy
    Frickn Waterdog. It will be the last to dry. The reason is it does not get direct sun at all. In the last couple of weeks, everything was frozen. So now that the ice has melted, the water is just mixing it up with the saturated soil.

It is rideable if you don't go to Lake Loop. But really every other trail in the Bay Area will be in better shape.

fc

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast