Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    SOG
    mtbr member
    Anyone ride Waterdog over the weekend? Thinking about going out there this afternoon. thx

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    demo is epic
    This! Never had so much fun on sawpit, traction is unreal. It's play hookie from work good.

singletrack bound
    three of us rippin' some single track last night....
    I saw clouds of DUST !!!
    looks like that will be changing later this afternoon!
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Does anyone know how Wilder/UCSC will be this weekend? Haven't been there in awhile, so I'm not sure if the rain last night will make it super muddy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

light rain

Quote Originally Posted by rex_racer View Post
    Does anyone know how Wilder/UCSC will be this weekend? Haven't been there in awhile, so I'm not sure if the rain last night will make it super muddy.
    We've been getting a fairly consistent light rain this morning.

Last weekend there were still some lingering muddy spots in UCSC/Wilder (those places that take awhile to dry out). I suspect those places will be in the same condition this weekend that they were last.

That said, the bulk of the other trails should be in pretty good shape.

General rule, this time of year, if it doesn't get a lot of sun or is in a seep zone, it stays muddy for awhile.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    We've been getting a fairly consistent light rain this morning.

Last weekend there were still some lingering muddy spots in UCSC/Wilder (those places that take awhile to dry out). I suspect those places will be in the same condition this weekend that they were last.

That said, the bulk of the other trails should be in pretty good shape.

General rule, this time of year, if it doesn't get a lot of sun or is in a seep zone, it stays muddy for awhile.
    Is that going to be generally the same for Demo? I was thinking about going this weekend but don't want to if its going to be muddy with the rain we just got.

-Thanks

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by quizinavenger View Post
    Is that going to be generally the same for Demo? I was thinking about going this weekend but don't want to if its going to be muddy with the rain we just got.

-Thanks
    The rainfall total we got was about .08 inch everywhere. On the peaks, it was about .15 inch. Given it really hasn't rained at all in January, that rainfall is nothing.
    CNRFC - Hydrology - Observed Precipitation - Past 24 Hours - San Francisco Bay Area

By tomorrow and the weekend, everything will be perfect, or better than it was last weekend.

Waterdog will still be sticky though as that has other issues. UCSC is an illegal area so let's not talk about conditions there.

fc

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Awesome thanks Francois. Demo it is this weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Still raining a good amount, jury is still out on how much Demo and other spots will get.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by locoyokel View Post
    Still raining a good amount, jury is still out on how much Demo and other spots will get.
    Ahh yes. I'm in Redwood City with zero rain all day. But south bay is a different story.

Need to check that rain guage link tomorrow.

fc

mtbr member
    It's been raining like this in Los Gatos since noon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

singletrack bound
    just got home and checked my gauge here in Aptos and I got just under a tenth of an inch.
    Should be good riding Friday all around!
    These showers should be perfect cause it was just starting to dry out to the point where dust clouds were beginning to appear!

I'm going to ride the westside (S.C.) tomorrow afternoon.

Think I'll choose the SS!
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    The rainfall total we got was about .08 inch everywhere. On the peaks, it was about .15 inch. Given it really hasn't rained at all in January, that rainfall is nothing.

By tomorrow and the weekend, everything will be perfect, or better than it was last weekend.

Waterdog will still be sticky though as that has other issues. UCSC is an illegal area so let's not talk about conditions there.

fc
    Maybe I'm getting my park names mixed up. Is UCSC different from Pogonip? I was under the impression that Pogonip is bike legal.

> /dev/null 2&>1
    Pogonip: legal

UCSC is a college. Nice campus.

mtbr member
    I was disappointed that it rain all day today in milpitas but its seems like Demo should be okay tomorrow morning?
    2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fujiblue1 View Post
    I was disappointed that it rain all day today in milpitas but its seems like Demo should be okay tomorrow morning?
    CNRFC - Hydrology - Observed Precipitation - Past 24 Hours - San Francisco Bay Area
    Looks like half an inch now.

It'll be wet. It'll probably be rideable but the smart money will wait til the afternoon and allow it to air out a bit. Weekend will be way better.

fc

mtbr member

Stcp?

If anyone gets a chance to ride Santa Teresa Friday AM/mid-day, give us a heads-up!
    Prime conds or got a bit too wet?

Some may want to partake in a Friday mid- afternoon ride and it's hard to guess whether the ~half-inch that hit elsewhere around SJ hit STCP too(?), and if it did whether it over-taxed the trails a bit??

(Trail hotline still has the Monday "all clear" recording as of just now.)

mtbr member
    thanks fc! Not sure if time will allow me to ride later in the afternoon. If not Demo, what's an alternate trail like demo to ride between 9-1pm
    2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    UCSC is an illegal area so let's not talk about conditions there.

fc
    Not to be disrespectful Francis - but coming from a guy who regularly posts pics and videos from the place, you are not being a good role model when it comes to practicing what you preach.

There is no hiding the fact that a lot of people have been riding there lately. I'd rather have people come here and read about potential hazards on said illegal trail(s) than come here and read about someone getting hurt because on them because they hit some trail debris or down tree for example..
    Last edited by Acadian; 01-25-2013 at 06:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by primordial View Post
    If anyone gets a chance to ride Santa Teresa Friday AM/mid-day, give us a heads-up!
    Prime conds or got a bit too wet?

Some may want to partake in a Friday mid- afternoon ride and it's hard to guess whether the ~half-inch that hit elsewhere around SJ hit STCP too(?), and if it did whether it over-taxed the trails a bit??

(Trail hotline still has the Monday "all clear" recording as of just now.)
    It was pretty dry for the most part all week, prior to the rain on Thursday. With the amount of rain I got (I live < 1 mile from STCP) on Thursday morning and last night, I'd wait till Saturday morning if it doesn't rain today. The last time we got rain, the clay trail were a mess.

Our local STCP lunchtime rider Dion, would probably have better information.

ask
    user
    Anyone know how the Pleasanton BMX Park holds up after a bit of rain? Doing some work in the East Bay today and was planning to take the DJ w/ me to get in a session this afternoon.

It does not look like the East Bay got too much rain on that map.

Ariolimax columbianus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    just got home and checked my gauge here in Aptos and I got just under a tenth of an inch.
    Should be good riding Friday all around!
    These showers should be perfect cause it was just starting to dry out to the point where dust clouds were beginning to appear!

I'm going to ride the westside (S.C.) tomorrow afternoon.

Think I'll choose the SS!
    get some! i hit the fort up twice last weekend, there was actually mud in some spots. just gettin back into it a bit after takin that nasty fall over the break, been ridin to work though. probably hit up the westside/wilder tomorrow w/a buddy tomorrow. hit me up for some wed rides tone, daylight just keeps getting longer.

mtbr member

Tamarancho--- I've been waiting for 2 weeks, and now rain?

I've been really excited to get back to my old stomping grounds and ride this weekend. Unfortunately, it looks like rain.

Any idea about conditions for Saturday or Sunday morning?

If the trails are too muddy, any alternatives?

ask
    user
    Pleasanton BMX was a little too wet... Plus got done early, so headed to SC to see how the trails are.

Just need to pick SS or squish.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Wildcat/Tilden conditions

I haven't been out there in a few months. Is it a muddy mess? Especially on Wildcat Creek Trail. Thinking of a very quick spin this afternoon.

Any input is much appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast