Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Heading out to Skeggs in about an hour. Looking forward to it.

singletrack bound
    just want to chime in.....
    rode Nisene last night.....
    not cold......
    tried and tried but couldn't break my tires loose!!!!

ran into a husband/wife from Hood River who shuttled up and did a loop in Demo and came down my side and they were grinning "ear to ear".

they just got in before dark though.

Have fun out there today!

edit: forgot to mention, it was 72 degrees when I started my ride yesterday.
    Last edited by Tone No Balone; 01-19-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

Pirate!!!
    Boggs= hero dirt+ pine needles. All to myself!!

mtbr member
    Rancho Canada del Oro was perfect this morning. Maybe 15 yards were slightly muddy all told.

HTFU!
    Rode most of Auburn on Thursday. The lower half of FHDL (first half going ccw) was pretty messy...so much so that I ended up avoiding it. Culvert was also a mess, but Stage, Quarry and Connector were fine.
    Just returned from a hike today and it seems many areas have firmed up nicely. Might still want to avoid the single-track section that leads to the Foresthill road crossing at the peak of the trail as it is likely still a mess. It is also tough enough taking the steep gravel road climb out of there to hit Foresthill road, so no effort is lost.

MarkyMark
    Skeggs was awesome this morning with just a few soft spots in the usual places. I'm seriously out of shape--Skegg is tough, but today seemed like the hardest 16 miles I've ever done.

- A couple trees down on Blue Blossom. One small and another huge one near the climb to the Springboard intersection. You can crawl under it.

- A massive tree(s) down on ECdM between the creek and North Leaf. You can get through.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    STCP was great with the exception of some unfortunately placed Meadow Muffins... lots of hikers out for the day and I probably saw a dozen riders.

Saw a ton of Sheriffs out there. Orange vests and carrying some sort of tracking device.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    demo sawpit, braille and coral are really dry, climbed tractor and had some mud bogs, that hurts more then sulfer...

Resident Curmudgeon
    Peters creek was a mudfest at the bottom, great tacky dirt at both ends and almost sandy at the top on the fire road

I had a blast

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I rode Tamarancho today; good conditions...a little wet/muddy in a few spots that don't get any sun. Not very crowded, sunny and mid 60's.

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhiker View Post
    STCP was great with the exception of some unfortunately placed Meadow Muffins... lots of hikers out for the day and I probably saw a dozen riders.

Saw a ton of Sheriffs out there. Orange vests and carrying some sort of tracking device.
    They were doing some SAR drills for downed aircraft. At least thats what I overheard when I stopped for a water refill.

everything was in pretty good shape in STCP. RR was kinda wet at the bottom where it was facing north, same with some parts on Ohlone.

Just Ride!!!!!
    Skeggs was 95% dry. But lots of downed trees.

On El Corte de Madera Trail

On Blue Blossom

On Timberview

-

mtbr member
    On the southern edge of Northern Ca. the Big Sandy LC Trails (Fresno and Madera Counties) are great and there's no ranger cops with radar guns anywhere to be seen!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Jackson Demonstration State Forest

Great conditions and a lot of the downed trees have already been cleared by MCC.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Rode up the Stanford side of Mission Peak (dry all the way) and along the ridge and down to Ed Levin Park today. In the shaded spots along the ridge, there are a few muddy spots and even some small patches of snow. Didn't bring the camera since it was going to be pretty hazy, but would have been a good picture of the snow up there. The descent from Monument peak was great at the top, almost lost the trail one time as everything was covered in new green grass. Followed the road on the GPS screen until I found it again. But once you hit about 1500', the dirt gets wetter and softer and is totally chewed by by the cattle. Finally at about 1000' it dried out and is better riding. After cresting the ridge, saw almost nobody after dodging hikers all the way to the top:
    - MissionPeak-EdLevin | Cycling Workout | Endomondo
    Last edited by 4Crawler; 01-20-2013 at 06:55 PM.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Back side of RR at STCP is still a little slick and soft. Not terrible though.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Got sucked into an "easy" ride today with the wife. Hit up Wilder. Did Wilder Ridge, Enchanted, and Baldwin before hitting up the Ohlone Trail to head back to town. For a day like today, the "north end" of Wilder + the Ohlone Bluff Trail really do show off the beauty of this area. I was nagged with "why didn't we bring picnic items".

Watching 8-10 ft surf at both four mile and three mile beaches was pretty fun.

mtbr member
    Great weekend of riding. Rode Skeggs early Saturday conditions were primo. Rode Saratoga gap early Sunday, petes creek trail was open and in good shape. I rode out to the tree farm and back and there were some wet slick conditions, but not too bad. Trails were in good shape for this time of year after the heavy rains and cold conditions.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    demo is epic

Team Chilidog!
    Arastradero is still slick in some spots, either due to bad drainage or being too cold and in the shade. Everything is open but definitely watch out for the slick spots that can surprise you.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

SOG
    mtbr member
    Pleasanton bike park was nice and dry with some re-worked jumps. Good times.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Arastradero is still slick in some spots, either due to bad drainage or being too cold and in the shade. Everything is open but definitely watch out for the slick spots that can surprise you.
    Is it possible to ride Arastradero without getting the bike caked in mud? I was thinking of riding there tomorrow, but don't want to ride for an hour if I need to clean my bike for an hour after.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    how is Fremont Older right now?

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessgeek View Post
    how is Fremont Older right now?
    Hardpacked like cement!

fc

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessgeek View Post
    Is it possible to ride Arastradero without getting the bike caked in mud? I was thinking of riding there tomorrow, but don't want to ride for an hour if I need to clean my bike for an hour after.
    Yes, but that's probably not until it's completely dried out. I don't think it gets warm enough there to dry out some places. Even the Bowl had a pretty big slick spot on it.

It looks like the City of Palo Alto is going to do some work there though. There's a huge gravel pack there, ready for an excavator to move it to the right place.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast