Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    Where is that trail?.
    South Lake Tahoe - Armstrong connector / Corral /Sidewinder / Incense Ceder

But the fun may end again come Wednesday
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

Lusus Naturae
    Fort Ord was great, although I hope it sees a lot more rain before March comes around. The sand has a way to go before its nice and packed in.

We started at 8th and gigling and there were keep out signs EVERYWHERE. Even the trails that used to be open are blocked off. We had to ride a bunch of road to get to the fireroad.

The rest of the ride was pretty much prime.

singletrack bound
    We started at 8th and gigling and there were keep out signs EVERYWHERE. Even the trails that used to be open are blocked off. We had to ride a bunch of road to get to the fireroad.

Yeah, That why I have been starting my rides from the end of Inter-garrison. That puts you right in to the BLM land. All that single track is closed off now.I used to always begin my rides @ 8th & Gigling but not any more.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

swag ho Administrator
    Fremont Older is in perfect shape!

But the Toyons are closed.

fc

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    Soquel yesterday:

What trail is that? That looks kinda bad

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by skyno View Post
    Just got back from China Camp and can confirm that conditions are pretty nice. A little running water here and there, but not too much mud - bike was relatively clean after the ride. Backside was very nice!
    I rode China Camp yesterday...YAHOO

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle mama View Post
    What trail is that? That looks kinda bad
    Ridge.

It's at the wall. 5 or 6 trees down, maybe more. You had to hike off trail, that's what the picture shows.

I actually recognize a few of those guys.

mtbr member
    China camp was good today, dirt nice, tacky and fast, looks like any fallen trees are cleaned up, Skeggs was good Saturday, but still lots of trees down, but fun. Redwood and JMP are pretty good as of last Friday and should be pretty good by now...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Ridge.

It's at the wall. 5 or 6 trees down, maybe more. You had to hike off trail, that's what the picture shows.

I actually recognize a few of those guys.
    Duh Ridge is the only trail with a climb!

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle mama View Post
    Duh Ridge is the only trail with a climb!
    There are a few scattered throughout other trails too, of different sizes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Auburn was pretty wet yesterday (after 5 days of no rain). Tons of leaves all over the trail combined with the moisture made for a slippery ride. Lots of puddles, mud, but also plenty of dry areas. Definitely too wet to be hero dirt.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994mb1 View Post
    Rode Skeggs on Sunday. Very good conditions overall. Some wet spots where the drainage is along the trail. A large number of trees down on Blue Blossom, and Resolution was closed due to a slide according to the sign.
    Brought the handsaw out yesterday and cleaned up Blue Blossom. I was able to clear all but one very large tree that needs a chainsaw. Trails are in great shape.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

JMP conditions

Just finished 14mi and other than a few downed trees requiring a dismount it was very nice. The recent wind knocked down alot of small limbs and needles...all rideable. Creeks are flowing....gotta love winter.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDickey View Post
    Brought the handsaw out yesterday and cleaned up Blue Blossom. I was able to clear all but one very large tree that needs a chainsaw. Trails are in great shape.
    Thank you! I don't ride those trails, but I applaud every bit of work that goes into maintaining the trails. We need to budget some cleanup into part of our rides after a storm comes through.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Decided to give it a quick jaunt up Rocky Ridge at STCP. Dudes... it's still pretty soaked and is going to need some curing. With the rain coming in, I don't think it's going to be good at all for awhile. After the bridge (right after the climb starts), it's HEAVILY rutted from water flow. It needs some drainage work.

I may go out there this weekend if it's shut down to work on it.

In terms of riding it, go down it, but don't attempt climbing it unless you're the Fat Bike King Sir Leopoldo Le Porkstack the First. You ride through mud, then right to the rocks and you slip right off of them.

I dabbed 3 times on the rigid today.

That's my report!

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Decided to give it a quick jaunt up Rocky Ridge at STCP. Dudes... it's still pretty soaked and is going to need some curing. With the rain coming in, I don't think it's going to be good at all for awhile. After the bridge (right after the climb starts), it's HEAVILY rutted from water flow. It needs some drainage work.

In terms of riding it, go down it, but don't attempt climbing it unless you're the Fat Bike King Sir Leopoldo Le Porkstack the First. You ride through mud, then right to the rocks and you slip right off of them.

I dabbed 3 times on the rigid today.

That's my report!
    Thanks Dion, I was thinking that riding it wouldn't be good for a while too. It needs serious love. I'd help out, but I've got stuff planned for a while.

When I rode it, this past weekend, going down it sucked too. I almost ate it around a turn when I started to slide on a corner/lean. Eating it on RR is not something I want to do. Rocks + face = serious hurt.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    There are a few scattered throughout other trails too, of different sizes.
    It depends on the direction you are riding the trail...

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    It depends on the direction you are riding the trail...

anarchist!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post

!
    Dion,

If you're heading out there to work on it, let me know, I live close by.

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    The fun is over. Poured like crazy in evergreen, San Jose.
    But there was a double rainbow!
    It's pronounced "so pro and cool."
    It was an impulse decision.

ask
    user
    Any ideas on how Demo or Skeggs will be this Saturday? Not sure how much rain those areas got this week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    Any ideas on how Demo or Skeggs will be this Saturday? Not sure how much rain those areas got this week.
    Should be perfect...might try to sneak out with Dr. Wheels Sat AM if you are game. I'll be looking for huck style riding rather than XC.
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

ask
    user
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Should be perfect...might try to sneak out with Dr. Wheels Sat AM if you are game. I'll be looking for huck style riding rather than XC.
    Thanks! I am planning to head out with my cousin... if he can't make it I'll see about hooking up with you guys. I'll PM / email you if I can make it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Toodling around SCruz yesterday, things looked pretty darn nice (though cold) -- shady spots and drainage areas that usually pool were a bit puddly still. Looking forward to a longer ride tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    Toodling around SCruz yesterday, things looked pretty darn nice (though cold) -- shady spots and drainage areas that usually pool were a bit puddly still. Looking forward to a longer ride tomorrow.
    Cold is right! 35 for my ride this morning. Dirt is pretty decent. A little slop here and there, but not bad. Watch the roots! I have had some sketchy moments this week on roots that I usually don't even give a second glance...(glance?)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast