Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Skeggs update: I rode there today (Thurs 28) and there are large trees down across several trails, but all of which we could climb over/under with bikes, one large rock slide area, lots of general tree-fall debris all over the place. Some small amounts of water running down several trails and a few muddy spots, but overall I would say it's holding up pretty well. Definitely worth going up there, had a fun ride today - it's been a while since I rode the place (and I've lost a huge amount of fitness since the sumer!).
    Ridin' & Diggin'

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    San Rafael side was perfect. Small rivers (1 inch deep) running down center of Bay side or east side (no rain for 48 hrs). Try to stay on San Rafael side of mountain right after rain. I hope people get motivated for maintenance in the spring, east side needs a little TLC, it is not very bad (ruts). Maybe we keep it from blowing up from ruts? Seems like water bars would do alot to get water off trails/ruts. GO GET IT!
    The west side of China Camp handles the rain so well! 3 hrs of fun today.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    this morning i walked up rough go, and down spring creek trail in annadel. they were not bad considering the amount of rain that has fallen, but if the current storm isnt too bad, they should be good by sun or mon.
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Wilder is currently closed at twin gates. That said, higher lying and good draining parts of UCSC are rideable. Trails north of chinquapin near Marshall Field are a mess though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    The trails in LG are fine. Except there is a mud slide near the bottom of overgrown. Once it dries, it will be fine... But until then it is soupy deep mud. I opted to climb back up overgrown instead of walking through it, after watching another guy sink up to his calves.

Attachment 747862

IMG_1042 by Couch Bike Dude, on Flickr

Still to wet to pass going up the next day!

IMG_1043 by Couch Bike Dude, on Flickr

Looking down trail from the slide

IMG_1044 by Couch Bike Dude, on Flickr

This mud was like sticky quicksand.

mtbr member
    Did China Camp Counter Clockwise loop today, not as bad as the other two days ago. There are some rutted out muddy spots but it was still nice, china camp always drains good. I also did chickshack/big rock yesterday. It was good, I just hate fire road rides even on good days....

Team Chilidog!
    The Fort was perfect today.

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    The Fort was perfect today.

Yes it was.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Oat Hill Mine was a blast

Trail condition update 12/24 onward?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356923265.848582.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by plantdude View Post
    Oat Hill Mine was a blast
    Never done Oat Hill, how is it compared to China Camp??

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Another Skeggs update. Resolution, Manzanita, Crossover/Crosscut, and all the fire roads in between are in really good shape considering the amount of rain we've had. Manzinita is getting back to what it was before midpen turned it into a fire road a year ago. Near the end of blue blossom there is a big tree and a couple of small trees down. Hard to get around but not impossible, I'd actually avoid it till the ranger gets to it with the chainsaw. The trail itself is in good shape. ECdM creek trail is kinda soupy, and I didn't hit Sierra Moreno.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
    Never done Oat Hill, how is it compared to China Camp??
    No comparison really, totally different animals. Oat Hill is a 4 mi climb right off the bat with some additional riding to be had over the back and down toward Aetna Springs. Then turn around and come back. Nothing too steep, but it is very technical riding due to the large amount of rock - loose rock, smooth rock, and chunk. One of the more challenging rides to be found in the Bay Area IMHO.

NedwannaB

Well?

Quote Originally Posted by plantdude View Post
    No comparison really, totally different animals. Oat Hill is a 4 mi climb right off the bat with some additional riding to be had over the back and down toward Aetna Springs. Then turn around and come back. Nothing too steep, but it is very technical riding due to the large amount of rock - loose rock, smooth rock, and chunk. One of the more challenging rides to be found in the Bay Area IMHO.
    Your maiden voyage under your belt, how'd it go? Did you do the Camp out n back or the extra drop to Aetna and back? Planning a return?

Inquiring mind(s)
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Just did mission peak stanford side yeatersay and today. Last section to the very top is wet. Othwise a completely dry bike ride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2