Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Type A
    With our recent rains, trail building conditions are going to be prime. Forget about trashing your local trail and come build. It is even more satisfying than trail maintenance since you are getting to define the trail from scratch.

mtbr member
    Looking good out there.
    Found this little guy while doing some work out there today.

mtbr member
    Intrigued by the thought of more trails close to home, I left home Sunday afternoon with bike, shovel and pruners to help out.
    No luck on actually finding the spot after searching for a 1/2 hour I thought I knew where the trail may be but I found another area that may be worth looking into.
    Would someone PM me the whereabouts of the trail please I would love to help build.

huck to flat
    unfinished work, in an undisclosed location... this trail is almost done!

Sweat is just fat crying.
    I'd like to help out on this sometime, as well. I know for a fact that Emptybeer has some extra trail tools.

I also have a lot of Technu. There was a grocery store getting rid of stock for a super-cheap price. I bought all they had.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Type A
    It looks like a couple of us will be doing some building this weekend. Send me a pm if you want to join.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhillthruthewoods View Post
    It looks like a couple of us will be doing some building this weekend. Send me a pm if you want to join.
    Oh, carp, you called my bluff. I'm riding this weekend. Haven't ridden in a few weeks, so I gots to get some o' that.

Another time, mayhaps?
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtb'er
    Debbie Downer here... might not want to spend a ton of time building out the area. Parker Development has big plans for that hillside

http://1001.nccdn.net//000/000/05d/0...d-01-28-13.pdf

Doesn't mean you can't build some fun lines, but maybe don't get too emotionally attached to them. I'll guess the Ridgeview area homeowners will fight hard to keep this development from moving forward.
    Last edited by Empty_Beer; 02-05-2013 at 04:07 PM.

mtbr member
    That development is as proposed better for the residence than originally approved in the GP. The plan includes a density bonus to preserve the ridge line The residents can slow it but eventually it'll develop. If they don't want development there then buy it, better served by working with them and address design and other concerns rather than getting nothing. Most developers are getting serious about land development as the housing stock in the sacto area is at historic lows. The development may not happen this year but it will move forward, so your keen on only putting so much investment into it. I would however recommend that if you want to keep any of the trail even at total build-out to get involved to keep something available to ride in the future. Either way great trail building nonetheless, wish I could help but barely get out enough to ride as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker View Post
    "yeah, she's fat, but you'd take her for a ride."

Type A
    Yeah, I heard about this last week. However, it looks like most of the development is on the lower part of the slope. It's not going to stop me from working on it. It's just a short distance from my house, so it's something fun to do. Knowing how development works around here, I'm guessing that it will be some time before it really gets moving.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I tried sending a PM but don't have enough posts. I would be interested in helping out with some local trails. I'm in Rescue, time can be tough but PM me if you put together another effort and I'll try to be available.

Type A
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    I tried sending a PM but don't have enough posts. I would be interested in helping out with some local trails. I'm in Rescue, time can be tough but PM me if you put together another effort and I'll try to be available.
    Sent you a pm. With the rains coming, building will be good. Over the weekend, a couple of us put in a smoother transition to a big rock drop off. If anyone likes taking advantage of natural features, this is the place.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhillthruthewoods View Post
    Sent you a pm. With the rains coming, building will be good. Over the weekend, a couple of us put in a smoother transition to a big rock drop off. If anyone likes taking advantage of natural features, this is the place.
    I'm out of town this weekend but wouldn't mind trying to sneak a lunch time ride in next week sometime. How do I access?

huck to flat
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    I'm out of town this weekend but wouldn't mind trying to sneak a lunch time ride in next week sometime. How do I access?
    it's on that hill, the one with all the trees, near that one road.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trail Bum View Post
    it's on that hill, the one with all the trees, near that one road.
    It's actually closer to that other road

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    the road on the East side or North?

THAT guy
    I may be interested in digging this sunday (if I don't get recruited for a ride). If anyone will be out there, shoot me a PM.
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

Type A
    9 am work party set for Sunday.

THAT guy
    Some good stuff out there! Built a nice little section todoay with a few jumps. But what I really want to build up is this sweet 6-7 foot drop. Just need a wooden transition and it will be awesome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail Building in Eldo Hills-imag0237.jpg  

Trail Building in Eldo Hills-imag0238.jpg  

Trail Building in Eldo Hills-imag0239.jpg  

Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

Type A
    Here's some shots of a few booters we put in today.Trail Building in Eldo Hills-20130210_125140.jpgTrail Building in Eldo Hills-20130210_125433.jpg

mtbr member
    Pics don't the jumps justice. The second two are pretty big, esp the second one that lands into a decent downhill.
    The berm looked nice.

So is what used to be the top line and is now the middle line abandoned? I was riding that line from left to right as you look up the hill
    and it kind of disappears now. HAB'd up to the top line which is looking good.

Also if one of you guys are missing one of those tennis ball throwers for dogs its laying right next to the berm.

Type A
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Pics don't the jumps justice. The second two are pretty big, esp the second one that lands into a decent downhill.
    The berm looked nice.

So is what used to be the top line and is now the middle line abandoned? I was riding that line from left to right as you look up the hill
    and it kind of disappears now. HAB'd up to the top line which is looking good.

Also if one of you guys are missing one of those tennis ball throwers for dogs its laying right next to the berm.
    No, it's not abandoned. Its actually getting quite worn in. You might have got sucked into one of the game trails by accident. I will draw a topo in the next day and post it.

Type A
    Here's a terrible topo. Enjoy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail Building in Eldo Hills-untitled.jpg  

mtb'er
    I like it. That's awesome!

mtbr member

Trail Building in Eldo Hills

Worked on this little number this evening Trail Building in Eldo Hills-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361154284.486389.jpg
    Trail Building in Eldo Hills-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361154311.952697.jpg
    That corner seemed nearly impossible to maneuver so I widened it a bit.
    And at the bottom of the trail I put in an easier way to cross the creek Trail Building in Eldo Hills-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361154440.535982.jpgTrail Building in Eldo Hills-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361154462.252919.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast