mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Trail @ Rowdy Creek, Smith River?

Hey all...I am new to the Crescent City area and have heard rumors of a downhill/freeride oriented trail up the Rowdy Creek watershed near Smith River. I have spent hours on the internet searching for info and found nothing! Does anyone have any info about this area? Please this dh'er is going through some serious withdrawls...thanks in advance.

tjp
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Near Gasquet/Patricks creek, High Dome trail and Elk Camp Ridge (the more technical of the two) are fun, both involve big climbs, don't know of anything in Rowdy Creek. Supposed to be some fun stuff in Cave Junction though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks man...yeah i went and did high dome last weekend. EPIC is all i got to say, 4 miles with a 2500'+ descent! Gotta do that again before the snow hits. As for Cave Junction, i know, I actually just moved down from Grants Pass. Anyone else out there know? Maybe someone in the Brookings area could share some knowledge with a veteran dh'r going through withdrawls?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Well I decided to bite the bullet (not really, it is only 10 miles away) and just go take a look. I found the bottom of the trail at MP 2.41, just a little after the pavement ends. I hiked up it to find some nice steep rollers, tight corners, i was impressed. I drove all the way up to the clearcuts on both sides at about MP 4.5 but never found it up that high. Needs some cleaning, loving, but i still need to find the top?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Would MP2.41 be off of Rowdy Creek Rd or North Bank Rd? Is the trail still open/ridable now? I saw your pics on pinkbike from last year, looks fun