mtbr member
    May 2005

Tour De Water...

Got out yesterday for a bit of a backroads tour of water and waterfalls in the Foresthill area. The weather was pretty nice, a bit chilly in the upper reaches of Sugar Pine Reservoir, but otherwise pleasant.
    This is a nice alternative to chewing up the trails that you have already ridden hundreds of times anyways. Lots of kayakers out, I suppose the flows are pretty good with the recent rains. Otherwise a pretty solitary day out there, lost of nice dirt roads, some pavement and some trail with lots of moto trail options. I was running low on time so I chose to straightline it home from Sugar Pine, but the moto trails are closed to throttle twisters right now and in great condition if you wanted to explore a bit.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tour De Water...-imag1127-612x1024-.jpg  

Tour De Water...-imag1128-612x1024-.jpg  

Tour De Water...-imag1129-612x1024-.jpg  

Tour De Water...-dsc08832-1024x768-.jpg  

Tour De Water...-imag1134-612x1024-.jpg  

Tour De Water...-imag1139-612x1024-.jpg  

Tour De Water...-imag1140-1024x612-.jpg  

Tour De Water...-imag1144-1024x612-.jpg  

Tour De Water...-sany0014-1024x768-.jpg  

Only the curious have something to find.

http://wanderlustandtheroadlesstraveled.blogspot.com/

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Nice pics Sean. It was a nice day to be out. Lots of cool water features in the Auburn area as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I rode Shirt Tail a couple weeks ago after reading one of your previous ride reports. What a great road, so quiet.Can't wait to do it after a good rain. I was enjoying it so much I lost track of time and ended up riding from Foresthill back to Auburn in the dark. Luckily there was a full moon.