mtbr member

Tough guys on Kennedy today !

Ran into Bassn and his crew today on Kennedy. Three SS'ers on Kennedy also which is unusual. Headed to Kennedy Tamale @ 9am for a run out to Barlow with Soares if anyone is interested. Sweet S-Works SS eh? Squashyo ... gonna make it ? Name:  1006121320.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  26.5 KB

Name:  1006121322b.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  22.6 KB

Name:  1006121147a.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  23.5 KB
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 10-06-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    I'd LOVE to but not sure how to get the kids some baby sitters...I'll keep you posted...if you start later, i have a better chance but don't go changin' try and please me.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I'd LOVE to but not sure how to get the kids some baby sitters...I'll keep you posted...if you start later, i have a better chance but don't go changin' try and please me.
    Sent my ping code via PM. Let's ride ! If I am on my way up Barlow 10:30 ish no dab I won't return message till up to 1/2 hour till completed. This guy can sit the kids? Watch The Sitter (HBO) | XFINITY TV
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 10-06-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Obi
    mtbr member
    Anyone that can no-dab that route on SS gets props from me. Bring a good camera next round, the skies were too nice today. *Just don't stop midway to get a shot, it's not the stop that gets you on SS, it's the restart up the hill.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    That sworks SS looks like it is running some micro gears. Any idea what gear?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho View Post
    That sworks SS looks like it is running some micro gears. Any idea what gear?
    He was running 26x18 ish cog me thinks. I forgot what he said when I asked. Last pristine pic of his bike as his fork came apart going down dogmeat with Lilysdad. It was a hard crash. They both walked back and I will post the results when I find more out. I was too worn out to ride with them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    Anyone that can no-dab that route on SS gets props from me. Bring a good camera next round, the skies were too nice today. *Just don't stop midway to get a shot, it's not the stop that gets you on SS, it's the restart up the hill.
    2:1 ... SS gearing up dogmeat ... No dab ... THE BIG PRIZE!

PRETENDURO
    WOW! Sorry to have missed out on this one. I was off enduring a sub-24 hour torture fest in Henry Coe.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member

Nice endurance run .. congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    WOW! Sorry to have missed out on this one. I was off enduring a sub-24 hour torture fest in Henry Coe.
    Rode up Kennedy out to woods with Soares. Then went back down and did a run to the top/dogmeat Kennedy intersection with Squashy ! You would have liked today's ride for sure. Brutal Coe ride man !

ask
    user
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    He was running 26x18 ish cog me thinks. I forgot what he said when I asked. Last pristine pic of his bike as his fork came apart going down dogmeat with Lilysdad. It was a hard crash. They both walked back and I will post the results when I find more out. I was too worn out to ride with them.
    Fork came apart? That sounds bad. Defective product or not put together correctly? That is nutz! Hope he is ok.

mtbr member

Dueling Lynskeys today

Grey Lynskey trumps geared Lynskey. They were leftied behind. Name:  1007120920a-1.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  26.6 KB

Name:  1007120919-1.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  29.8 KB

Wēk Sôs
    who's bike was the s-works?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    who's bike was the s-works?
    His name is Greg. Lilysdad knows him ... I just met him yesterday. He may not be on mtbr. Still waiting to hear more from Lilysdad.

Beaubien
    Aug 2006
    I don't understand how running a 26x18 on Kennedy makes you any tougher than anyone else with a triple and only using the lowest gears. It's not like I'm using the big chain ring ever on that relentless climb. Heck, I don't even use the big gears coming down. Gravity gets me down fast enough. I think a tough guy would not be on a SS but would be in the middle or large ring all the way up.
    Will Beaubien
    Will@Beaubien.com
    415-218-7936

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaubien View Post
    I don't understand how running a 26x18 on Kennedy makes you any tougher than anyone else with a triple and only using the lowest gears. It's not like I'm using the big chain ring ever on that relentless climb. Heck, I don't even use the big gears coming down. Gravity gets me down fast enough. I think a tough guy would not be on a SS but would be in the middle or large ring all the way up.
    More of a comment about the riders than the bikes. Three of the riders have made some of the challenge threads that are coming up again on this forum in a few weeks. Damn SS'ers are always the last ones back to the cars anyway!

PRETENDURO
    Show up or shut up.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Show up or shut up.
    20 and 40 under ... Dogmeat no dab challenges start very soon! I'm in ! i suppose the usual suspects will play.

PRETENDURO
    20 and 40 under ... Dogmeat no dab challenges start very soon! I'm in ! i suppose the usual suspects will play.
    Count me in, as usual! I’ll try it again on my 32x20 singlespeed—the porky 30+ pound fully-rigid bike. Either that or I’ll put the 17t cog back on my 38-pound fatbike and see if I can do it 32x17.

mtbr member

forgotto post

thanks for the company AR!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tough guys on Kennedy today !-mtbr-1.jpg  

Tough guys on Kennedy today !-mtbr2.jpg  

Tough guys on Kennedy today !-mtbr3.jpg  

Tough guys on Kennedy today !-mtbr4.jpg  

Tough guys on Kennedy today !-mtbr5.jpg  

Weird huh?
    I think a tough guy would be anyone who climbs DogMeat period. Ancient Rascal and his band of merry men that are always doing Kennedy, DogMeat, PowerPoles, and Mt. Um. are most certainly in the category of Tough Men.
    And don't do the burrito jump... Francois

mtbr member
    I think AR spelled gays wrong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I think AR spelled gays wrong
    Not that there's anything wrong with that! Nice pic of the "tree" Suashyo. "The Tree" / where my dream of a sub 20 goes to die !

ask
    user
    His name is Greg. Lilysdad knows him ... I just met him yesterday. He may not be on mtbr. Still waiting to hear more from Lilysdad.
    I happened to ride with that Greg today... He was talking about his fork coming apart on Dogmeat, and I rememberred this thread. He said he had some road rash on his chin and broke a bone in his throat. I saw his full-face helmet... all scraped along the side. He said he was fine now.

That dude is seriously strong/skilled. He schooled me @ Demo today... He hit several large jumps and cleared almost every obstacle out there on his SS. He didn't even take any water with him. It was all I could do to keep up with him on the climbs. Although I am pretty sure he was slowing down to wait for me. Very nice guy to boot.

mtbr member

More tough guys!

Well ... 2 out of 3 at least! Name:  1216121221a.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  16.8 KB Good one today !

PRETENDURO
    Well ... 2 out of 3 at least! Name:  1216121221a.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  16.8 KB Good one today !
    “Toughness” profile, courtesy of Strava:

Rad!