• 10-06-2012
    ancient rascal
    3 Attachment(s)
    Tough guys on Kennedy today !
    Ran into Bassn and his crew today on Kennedy. Three SS'ers on Kennedy also which is unusual. Headed to Kennedy Tamale @ 9am for a run out to Barlow with Soares if anyone is interested. :thumbsup: Sweet S-Works SS eh? Squashyo ... gonna make it ? Attachment 728754

Attachment 728755

Attachment 728756
  • 10-06-2012
    squashyo
    I'd LOVE to but not sure how to get the kids some baby sitters...I'll keep you posted...if you start later, i have a better chance but don't go changin' try and please me.
  • 10-06-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I'd LOVE to but not sure how to get the kids some baby sitters...I'll keep you posted...if you start later, i have a better chance but don't go changin' try and please me.

Sent my ping code via PM. Let's ride ! If I am on my way up Barlow 10:30 ish no dab I won't return message till up to 1/2 hour till completed. :p This guy can sit the kids? Watch The Sitter (HBO) | XFINITY TV
  • 10-06-2012
    Obi
    Anyone that can no-dab that route on SS gets props from me. Bring a good camera next round, the skies were too nice today. *Just don't stop midway to get a shot, it's not the stop that gets you on SS, it's the restart up the hill. :thumbsup:
  • 10-06-2012
    rensho
    That sworks SS looks like it is running some micro gears. Any idea what gear?
  • 10-07-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rensho View Post
    That sworks SS looks like it is running some micro gears. Any idea what gear?

He was running 26x18 ish cog me thinks. I forgot what he said when I asked. Last pristine pic of his bike as his fork came apart going down dogmeat with Lilysdad. It was a hard crash. They both walked back and I will post the results when I find more out. I was too worn out to ride with them.
  • 10-07-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    Anyone that can no-dab that route on SS gets props from me. Bring a good camera next round, the skies were too nice today. *Just don't stop midway to get a shot, it's not the stop that gets you on SS, it's the restart up the hill. :thumbsup:

2:1 ... SS gearing up dogmeat ... No dab ... THE BIG PRIZE! :thumbsup:
  • 10-07-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    WOW! Sorry to have missed out on this one. I was off enduring a sub-24 hour torture fest in Henry Coe.
  • 10-07-2012
    ancient rascal
    Nice endurance run .. congrats !
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    WOW! Sorry to have missed out on this one. I was off enduring a sub-24 hour torture fest in Henry Coe.

Rode up Kennedy out to woods with Soares. Then went back down and did a run to the top/dogmeat Kennedy intersection with Squashy ! You would have liked today's ride for sure. Brutal Coe ride man ! :thumbsup:
  • 10-07-2012
    ask
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    He was running 26x18 ish cog me thinks. I forgot what he said when I asked. Last pristine pic of his bike as his fork came apart going down dogmeat with Lilysdad. It was a hard crash. They both walked back and I will post the results when I find more out. I was too worn out to ride with them.

Fork came apart? :eek: That sounds bad. Defective product or not put together correctly? That is nutz! Hope he is ok.
  • 10-07-2012
    ancient rascal
    2 Attachment(s)
    Dueling Lynskeys today
    Grey Lynskey trumps geared Lynskey. They were leftied behind. :D Attachment 728968

Attachment 728969
  • 10-07-2012
    IAmHolland
    who's bike was the s-works?
  • 10-07-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    who's bike was the s-works?

His name is Greg. Lilysdad knows him ... I just met him yesterday. He may not be on mtbr. Still waiting to hear more from Lilysdad.
  • 10-07-2012
    Beaubien
    I don't understand how running a 26x18 on Kennedy makes you any tougher than anyone else with a triple and only using the lowest gears. It's not like I'm using the big chain ring ever on that relentless climb. Heck, I don't even use the big gears coming down. Gravity gets me down fast enough. I think a tough guy would not be on a SS but would be in the middle or large ring all the way up.
  • 10-08-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaubien View Post
    I don't understand how running a 26x18 on Kennedy makes you any tougher than anyone else with a triple and only using the lowest gears. It's not like I'm using the big chain ring ever on that relentless climb. Heck, I don't even use the big gears coming down. Gravity gets me down fast enough. I think a tough guy would not be on a SS but would be in the middle or large ring all the way up.

More of a comment about the riders than the bikes. Three of the riders have made some of the challenge threads that are coming up again on this forum in a few weeks. Damn SS'ers are always the last ones back to the cars anyway! :)
  • 10-08-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

:rolleyes: Show up or shut up. :nono:
  • 10-09-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    :rolleyes: Show up or shut up. :nono:

20 and 40 under ... Dogmeat no dab challenges start very soon! :eek: I'm in ! :yesnod: i suppose the usual suspects will play.
  • 10-09-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

20 and 40 under ... Dogmeat no dab challenges start very soon! :eek: I'm in ! :yesnod: i suppose the usual suspects will play.

Count me in, as usual! :thumbsup: I’ll try it again on my 32x20 singlespeed—the porky 30+ pound fully-rigid bike. Either that or I’ll put the 17t cog back on my 38-pound fatbike and see if I can do it 32x17.
  • 10-12-2012
    squashyo
    5 Attachment(s)
    forgotto post
    thanks for the company AR!
  • 10-12-2012
    cmdrpiffle
    Quote:

I think a tough guy would be anyone who climbs DogMeat period. Ancient Rascal and his band of merry men that are always doing Kennedy, DogMeat, PowerPoles, and Mt. Um. are most certainly in the category of Tough Men. :thumbsup:
  • 10-12-2012
    squashyo
    I think AR spelled gays wrong
  • 10-12-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I think AR spelled gays wrong

Not that there's anything wrong with that! Nice pic of the "tree" Suashyo. "The Tree" / where my dream of a sub 20 goes to die ! :yesnod::lol::cryin:
  • 12-15-2012
    ask
    Quote:

His name is Greg. Lilysdad knows him ... I just met him yesterday. He may not be on mtbr. Still waiting to hear more from Lilysdad.

I happened to ride with that Greg today... He was talking about his fork coming apart on Dogmeat, and I rememberred this thread. He said he had some road rash on his chin and broke a bone in his throat. I saw his full-face helmet... all scraped along the side. He said he was fine now.

That dude is seriously strong/skilled. He schooled me @ Demo today... He hit several large jumps and cleared almost every obstacle out there on his SS. He didn't even take any water with him. It was all I could do to keep up with him on the climbs. Although I am pretty sure he was slowing down to wait for me. :lol: Very nice guy to boot.
  • 12-16-2012
    ancient rascal
    1 Attachment(s)
    More tough guys!
    Well ... 2 out of 3 at least! :pAttachment 745622 Good one today ! ;)
  • 12-16-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

Well ... 2 out of 3 at least! :pAttachment 745622 Good one today ! ;)

“Toughness” profile, courtesy of Strava:
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/32729957/embed/b4d56b0591cdd7329f86eb8789ff6bca124942d8'></iframe>
    Rad!