Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    I'm out Been battling a migraine all day. I'm back among the living, but probably not a good idea to drive up there and ride a bike.
    I was looking forward to trying out the c.guide too.
    One word... midol.

fc

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbacon View Post
    May go. May not go. Convince me.
    Show up. Start with the group, end with the group. Hang out and get to know people.

fc

Totally, and to the max.
    Sweet ride tonight! We had a great turnout...way more than this thread suggested. The temps were perfect for a summer evening ride. We had a guest appearance by JMS. Nice to see you, John! I followed the Quadzilla A-Team on the second loop...for about 100 yards. But got some nice climbing zone-out in. Sometimes you just need to stop thinking and get your sweat on. The fog on the coast was coming in like a haze of brilliantly diffused light. Hard to look at, but beautiful nonetheless. Post ride socializing was as good as ever. 7 layer dip, watermelon, macadamia clusters, and an array of great beers. I only got one photo tonight...a new offering from Napa Smith Brewing called Hopageddon. Pretty darn good! Kinda steep at $8 but worth the experience!

Christine, great to see you again and sorry about the carnage! Hope you're there next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TNGR! Not sure what number it is..but tomorrow is Thursday and thats all we need-photo.jpg  

jms
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max View Post
    Sweet ride tonight! The temps were perfect for a summer evening ride. The fog on the coast was coming in like a haze of brilliantly diffused light. Hard to look at, but beautiful nonetheless.
    It was great seeing you all out there last night. It was just the ride I needed. sometimes I forget how fun those trails are and how beautiful that ridge line is in the evening light. I wish I could have stayed a bit later, I was really enjoying the post ride conversation with Jeff and Carmen, Kyle and Christine [hope the knees heal up quickly.... and I'll remember to restock the band-aid supply in the Westy...... just in case ].

One of the locals I saw on my Pre TGNR loop, about 4 feet long
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TNGR! Not sure what number it is..but tomorrow is Thursday and thats all we need-img_1531.jpg  

My Favorite Peeps:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post
    It was great seeing you all out there last night. It was just the ride I needed. sometimes I forget how fun those trails are and how beautiful that ridge line is in the evening light. I wish I could have stayed a bit later, I was really enjoying the post ride conversation with Jeff and Carmen, Kyle and Christine [hope the knees heal up quickly.... and I'll remember to restock the band-aid supply in the Westy...... just in case ].

JMS- Thanks for the water re-fill!
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max View Post
    I'll have some GnarCal shirts available as well!
    I'll take one in XL if you got'em. PM sent.

jms
    mtbr member

Anytime

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    JMS- Thanks for the water re-fill!
    Anytime. Glad I could help. Nice to be able to finally put a face to the posts too. I'll look forward to crossing paths again sometime.
    My Favorite Peeps:

swag ho Administrator
    man, i could have made a ton of money selling wool argyle socks.

fc

mtbr member

Photos from the ride

Good time! Long Ridge was gorgeous at sunset. Thanks all of you who brought IPA to share. I sampled three different flavors. They were all good. Pliny rules though - not too dark, not to light and incredibly refreshing. Thanks Jeff and Carmen for offering your first-aid kit. You guys are awesome!

I was slow so I only got a few photos of those who I ran into at Turtle rock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post

It was great seeing you again John! Now that you're in the area, hopefully we will see you a bit more often on mtbr rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Great pictures, great night! See you all again towards the end of July.
    "It's just that nobody likes Cornfish." francois

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theseawind View Post

Holy S. Awesome shot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    This sucks. I hate having to work nearly every weeknight for the past 9 years. I'm looking at getting back to "civilian life", once that happens, I'll get to join you guys. This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    This sucks. I hate having to work nearly every weeknight for the past 9 years. I'm looking at getting back to "civilian life", once that happens, I'll get to join you guys. This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile.
    Yeah it would be great to BS with you after the ride and have some good drinks and some fine food. Really fun times doing this ride and I have somehow managed to be able to make a lot of them this season. Fun place to ride but the company makes it better.
    They never made the "Slowster"

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I think you'll see your stress levels getting a bit better when you do make that change. I worked swingshift for a year a while back and holy crapped that sucked. My body never got used to it and got sick a lot and in general felt like crap all the time.

Sent by smoke signal

~~~
    Awesome pics Christine! Although, if another drop of beer ends up on the floor again, we're cutting you off at 1 cup.

That Voodoo bacon maple donut beer left a funky taste in my mouth.

mtbr member
    Awesome photos Christine, I especially like the black and white shots. Hope you heal well and soon. Great selection of beers last night. The Voodoo Bacon Maple was interesting, not sure I could have more than a sip, but thanks to Kyle for bring it. Thanks Kyle for the T shirt purchase. My wife and daughter commented that it was a great design.Great riding with all of you I look forward to TNGR every week. It is a night of fun and stories that is welcome after a stressful day at the office. Cornfish have a great trip north. I'll look forward to the stories upon your return.

mtbr member
    What great photos, the one of Jeff and I is just wonderful!!
    "The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the
    pilot." By: Michael Altshuler

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Wish I could've rode with the group, but I had to get back into San Jose by 715.

Question of the day: How many motors has JMS gone through this year?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2