Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Time to try out Annadel

So today I decided its time to move on from Napa Skyline and test my skills at Annadel. Any of you fellas nice enough to share trail suggestions and maps?

Thanks in advance

organically fed
    lolz.

Annadel rules, Skyline drools.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the map Spankalishush!

NedwannaB

Several map kiosks.....

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle707
    Thanks for the map Spankalishush!
    scattered on trails too.

Channel Dr. pkg lot @ Cobblestone T/H, WP Richardson staging lot, Canyon @ Spring Creek T/H, Canyon @ Marsh T/H, Live Oak @ middle N Burma intersection, Lake Ilsanjo, Schultz @ Schultz Rd. T/H etc.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    I was there today and did this. It was my first time. This took me just under 3 hours and I went with some people that showed me around.

From Channel Drive up Cobblestone
    Rough Go to Lake Ilanjo
    around the lake and out Canyon
    then Marsh

I'll admit i was pretty tired on the steady climb on Marsh and hiked some of it. It wound around the redwoods that were dripping with morning fog. It really felt like you were out on the Lost Coast in the big trees. It smelled great and even in the dense fog there was a great view all around. A few deer were up on the hill side including a nice 4x4 buck.

After Marsh we went down the fun and rocky 2 Quarry to Warren Richardson.
    Big Rick Stuart
    I am a KFOG DJ.
    I am what I play.
    http://www.facebook.com/bigrick

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    my fav loop is ride in from bennett valley, then climb canyon-->to marsh to buick meadow. then down south burma-->north burma-->to cobblestone (via live oak and a little bit of rough go).

when i'm on my rigid bike, i usually do a shorter loop.
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Annadel is by far my favorite Bay Area ride. I did one of my favorite loops today.

Schultz>Ridge>Marsh>South Burma>Louis>North Burma>Live Oak>Cobblestone>Orchard>Rough Go>Spring Creek>Richardson>Two Quarry>Lawndale

Weather was perfect with the fog and drizzle.

Lusus Naturae
    Nice, Nutballchamp. Funkiest Annadel loop ever.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBalance
    Nice, Nutballchamp. Funkiest Annadel loop ever.
    Where's the funk? Almost all the singletrack in the best direction except for climbing Two Quarry. I usually continue down Marsh and climb back up South Burma.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nutballchamp
    Annadel is by far my favorite Bay Area ride. I did one of my favorite loops today.

Schultz>Ridge>Marsh>South Burma>Louis>North Burma>Live Oak>Cobblestone>Orchard>Rough Go>Spring Creek>Richardson>Two Quarry>Lawndale

I live right next to Annadel! I can ride in and out from my house! I just started riding again after a long layoff! I love cycling in there! The pitch on some of the trails hurts me and will continue to do so until I get the horse power is up and the weight is down.

NedwannaB

Funk is good!

Where's the funk? Almost all the singletrack in the best direction except for climbing Two Quarry. I usually continue down Marsh and climb back up South Burma.
    Pretty sure nobalance had a compliment hidden in there nutballchamp. Better than the "whacky" comment I get when I mention spinning that route to others. Nice ride, covers a good portion of the park.

And for Miss Spankylishus, this is a " " free post.

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    what happened to spanky? did the mod's give him a spanky?

i thought pete was back.

NedwannaB

Not sure??.....

Quote Originally Posted by norton55
    what happened to spanky? did the mod's give him a spanky?

i thought pete was back.
    I thought he (??) and I had it all patched back up at end of thread. Oh well.

Don't think it was Pete, I just throw that out there periodically, he has (Mr. Fagerlin) has more cooth then that.

Coors, the american beer.

nice loop i thought i was the only one on here who ever started at the lawn dale lot

mines a tad shorter, id like to do yours but without the two quarry part

Schultz>Ridge>Steves S>Marsh>South Burma>Louis>North Burma>Steves>Round Lake Al SANJO>spring creek>Canyon>Marsh>Lawndale
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt
    nice loop i thought i was the only one on here who ever started at the lawn dale lot
    That's the best part of the ride, finishing with Lawndale. I got the idea from someone here, maybe you? The exit next to the gate is much easier to jump now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

annadel is my favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle707
    So today I decided its time to move on from Napa Skyline and test my skills at Annadel. Any of you fellas nice enough to share trail suggestions and maps?

Thanks in advance
    you will have a blast. just get a map at a kiosk. keep it for the next time you go. seriously, i end up doing multiple loops of different trails. i try to find creative ways to include south burma "down", louis trail, north burma, cobblestone, rough-go, live oak. i will do these loops until i can't pedal anymore, then go home and eat!

add this: spring creek "down" and channel trail at full throttle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    That's the best part of the ride, finishing with Lawndale. I got the idea from someone here, maybe you? The exit next to the gate is much easier to jump now.
    I was told by someone there were problems w/ car breakins at the base of Lawndale. I had my car broken into on Channel drive a few years ago. This may be old news. Keep an eye out for car glass on the ground.

BTW, anyone been up there since the rains? Should be pretty sweet if it isn't too wet.

Jeff

so far i havent had break in problems at lawndale but so far ive gotten out to annadel a grand total of 5 - 6 times this year

ill have to check out the gate jump cause i never made it over before

Urban Ninja
    I've ridden both several times and honestly (and I know Melt might flame for this) I prefer Skyline Park. Don't get me wrong, both have their merit but perhaps I've just had so much good times at Skyline Park (including the race which was once a world cup stop and most recently a SSWC course). Annadel is perhaps considered more flowy and offers more miles of trails. But my heart always goes out to Skyline Park!

P.S. I'll be at Skyline Park tomorrow around 11am shredding my old stopping grounds for about four or five hours. PM me if you want to join.

nah different riding styles ... more flow and miles of trails is the reason i like annadel

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I prefer Skyline for the climbing, Annadel for the descending (though both have gobs of the each).

I used to swear by nutballchamp's loop until I went on a group ride and rediscovered how good the lower section of North Burma is. I rethought my loop and came up with this:

Channel>Warren Richardson>Two Quarry>Marsh>Lawndale>Schultz>Ridge>(Pig Flat optional)>Marsh>South Burma>Louis>North Burma>Channel

It's shorter than nutballchamps, but I think it is the least amount of work/time to get the four great descents: Lawndale, Ridge, South Burma, the top part of North Burma, but the bonus of the lower part too. It is also short enough to either do the Lawndale/Schultz lap twice and/or do an extra loop of Cobblestone>Orchard>Cobblestone/LiveOak>Lower North Burma etc. There's also a bit of a arm-up and cool-down on Channel Drive.

I've never had my car broken into at either Lawndale or Channel (perhaps 6-8 visits each), but I've only ever been there on the weekends.

annadel lives in my blood
    annadel built by single track gods
    annadel is where its at

CHECK OUT MY FLICKR http://flickr.com/photos/32538636@N06/

mtbr member
    May 2007
    ... then braided by unskilled and unknowning mountain bikers

bummed it is raining today.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Thats a pretty long ride! Nice though.
    I rode up Lawndale Rd > up Shultz trail > up Pig Flat > Up Ridge > Down Ridge > up Marsh > down Lawndale yesterday!

I rode Paradise Royale the day before in Humboldt (everyone needs to try it out)! .

NedwannaB

Worth the drive??

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Threat
    I rode Paradise Royale the day before in Humboldt (everyone needs to try it out)!.
    Trying to weigh that factor in......

Thx in advance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast