Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NedwannaB

Agree on both acounts

Quote Originally Posted by socobiker
    ... then braided by unskilled and unknowning mountain bikers

bummed it is raining today.
    Every ride,I wish there was someway of closing off the unnecessary lines, new or old, doesn't matter.

Did get a nice couple hours in yesterday on velcro. Should be ok again after a few days.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

NedwannaB

What ever happened to....

....that LawndalespanksmyBNineiloucious character anyway.........

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just bumping this thread to thank Nutballchamp and imamodel for their Annadel info. My buddy and I from the south bay ride Demo and Skegg's a bunch and usually save the 2+ hour drives for heading to Downieville and Tahoe. But we wanted to change things up last Sunday and headed to Annadel. We rode:

warrenrichardson>twoquarry>lawndale>ridge>southburma>northburma>liveoak>orchard>cobblestone>roughgo

We had a few route finding snafu's but nothing major considering it was our first time. Thanks guys, we will be back...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgof View Post
    Just bumping this thread to thank Nutballchamp and imamodel for their Annadel info. My buddy and I from the south bay ride Demo and Skegg's a bunch and usually save the 2+ hour drives for heading to Downieville and Tahoe. But we wanted to change things up last Sunday and headed to Annadel. We rode:

warrenrichardson>twoquarry>lawndale>ridge>southburma>northburma>liveoak>orchard>cobblestone>roughgo

We had a few route finding snafu's but nothing major considering it was our first time. Thanks guys, we will be back...

What time? I was in Annadel on Sunday on Marsh (the trail that connects Ridge to Ledson Marsh) near Buick Medow when one guy passed me like I was standing still. Another caught up to me right before Buick Meadow.. They (and I) headed down South Burma where I passed them on a picnic table then they passed me on the descent.

It's where I ride exclusively.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dadtorbn View Post
    What time? I was in Annadel on Sunday on Marsh (the trail that connects Ridge to Ledson Marsh) near Buick Medow when one guy passed me like I was standing still. Another caught up to me right before Buick Meadow.. They (and I) headed down South Burma where I passed them on a picnic table then they passed me on the descent.

It's where I ride exclusively.
    We started at 10am and finished at 2pm. So we would have been in that area around 12:30'ish or so??? Could've been us. My friend's legs were really strong that day, he definitely was dropping me on climbs.... If we were stopped we were probably consulting our trail map.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I was there on Sunday also. Rode schultz,pig flat marsh,s.burma,canyon, marsh,lawndale (went down kinda hard on lawndale.) started about 11:00. Brought a buddy for his first ride. His quads cramped up at ilsanjo, so he walked most of the way out.

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Theman View Post
    I was there on Sunday also. Rode schultz,pig flat marsh,s.burma,canyon, marsh,lawndale (went down kinda hard on lawndale.) started about 11:00. Brought a buddy for his first ride. His quads cramped up at ilsanjo, so he walked most of the way out.
    Damn bro I thought u quit riding. Sounds like fun!!! I'll be at annadale tomorrow

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    so far i havent had break in problems at lawndale but so far ive gotten out to annadel a grand total of 5 - 6 times this year

ill have to check out the gate jump cause i never made it over before

Gate jump is definitely a good one. It requires a little 'hop' , mind you, but it is easily do-able.

When you are tearing down that last section of lawndale before the parking lot, just look up from all the rocks and ruts and sail over that sucker like a bird. The only thing to watch for is clipping the back wheel as you jump over; that could end really badly considering the other side is a bit lower than the front. High speed endo.

I love Annadel for those 'extras'.

BTW lake Ilsanjo is perfect for swimming right now. I try to get up there for a ride and swim at least a few times a week.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgof View Post
    We started at 10am and finished at 2pm. So we would have been in that area around 12:30'ish or so??? Could've been us. My friend's legs were really strong that day, he definitely was dropping me on climbs.... If we were stopped we were probably consulting our trail map.

I started from my house ~9:00 and would have been there ~10:00 or so... I love the park and need to ride with some friends. I'm afraid to try tougher trails w/o my riding partners (one of which is and orthopedist).

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncstad View Post
    Damn bro I thought u quit riding. Sounds like fun!!! I'll be at annadale tomorrow
    Nope.Just got side tracked trying to get my bronco ready for the rubicon this summer. I'll never quit! It's in me blood! I'm riding annadel early sun to try to beat the heat.

NedwannaB
    Was that you I saw riding that blaze of orange coming down Richardson mid afternoon Thursday? ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Sooooo hot today left channel drive at 8:45. Burning up by 11:00. Drank my last sip of water as I hit channel dr. Too much for me. My quads pretty much said "f-u" around 1:30 I'm not going out if the forecast is over *90

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Theman View Post
    Sooooo hot today left channel drive at 8:45. Burning up by 11:00. Drank my last sip of water as I hit channel dr. Too much for me. My quads pretty much said "f-u" around 1:30 I'm not going out if the forecast is over *90
    Dude days like this you just ride up to the lake, swim for 45 min and ride back down. That what I did today after work. Around 3:30p. Super hot!!! So basically swim with a little ride

mtbr member
    Been riding at Annadel since the 80's with my rigid Specialized, now rocking it with a free ride bike. I like starting up Canyon to marsh to burma to richardson to live oak to rough go----and there is a really fun trail off of cobblestone if you turn right at the junction with Rough Go filled with drops and a stair drop at the bottom

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by iamamodel View Post
    I used to swear by nutballchamp's loop until I went on a group ride and rediscovered how good the lower section of North Burma is. I rethought my loop and came up with this:

Channel>Warren Richardson>Two Quarry>Marsh>Lawndale>Schultz>Ridge>(Pig Flat optional)>Marsh>South Burma>Louis>North Burma>Channel
    I did this loop yesterday and holy crap, so much climbing for so little downhill. I don't know the mileage or percent but it seemed like way more climbing than downhill. Granted I haven't ridden in several months and some of the trails were new to me.

NedwannaB

Earn the ups

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles720 View Post
    I did this loop yesterday and holy crap, so much climbing for so little downhill. I don't know the mileage or percent but it seemed like way more climbing than downhill. Granted I haven't ridden in several months and some of the trails were new to me.
    Enjoy the downs. Usually how it goes on a ride. If I read it right you did about 20-22 mi. can't tell if you're content or disappointed in ride. Keeping in mind the downhill miles go by way faster. It's the woohoo factor that balances out the climbs for me up there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles720 View Post
    If you go faster up hill and slower downhill, you won't be spending so much time climbing and so little time descending. I think that's about 18 or 19 miles. It's the loop I usually do at Annadel. You get Lawndale and both of the Burmas in the "right" direction. Also, the most difficult climb (Two Quarry) gets knocked out early in the ride. I Love it.

In all seriousness, if you do the loop after you get into climbing shape, it won't seem as bad. The couple of times I've done it after an extended layoff or in hot weather, I've cursed the climbs as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    It could have been more like 20-22mi. but my phone gps pooped out on me. I'm more content then disappointed. I guess it's been a while and didn't really know what to expect on some of the trails.

Yeah, I'm not a climber at all but will be soon hopefully. I was definitely cursing the climbs but really in the end, it was worth it. I'll soon be a regular. Thanks for the support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2