Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Reputation: Ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,915

    Ths bus for this weekend's PCP ride...

    We're heading up to Pinecrest Peak again and probably riding Eagle Creek as well. If you haven't ridden these trails then you don't know what you are missing. A+ Sierra riding. We are going to shuttle both trails so people who aren't close by can maximize their pleasure

    The bus from the Bay Area leaves Dan'ger pad in Pleasant Hill, at 6:45 and we are meeting at the Strawberry Store at around 9:45AM. I know it's a long way... but it's well worth it and since Dan is already heading up there you won't have to drive.

  2. #2
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    We're heading up to Pinecrest Peak again and probably riding Eagle Creek as well. If you haven't ridden these trails then you don't know what you are missing. A+ Sierra riding. We are going to shuttle both trails so people who aren't close by can maximize their pleasure

    The bus from the Bay Area leaves Dan'ger pad in Pleasant Hill, at 6:45 and we are meeting at the Strawberry Store at around 9:45AM. I know it's a long way... but it's well worth it and since Dan is already heading up there you won't have to drive.
    The Dan'bulance will be fueled and on the pad Saturday morning for some rocky technical goodness.

    Roll call!
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  3. #3
    ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Reputation: fred-da-trog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,410
    Is this the teaser for 22nd and 23rd?
    .

    I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Uncle Stinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    532
    What days are you riding on? and will the time
    be the same for each day. I may be able to make it up.
    Jeff

  5. #5
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Stinky
    What days are you riding on? and will the time
    be the same for each day. I may be able to make it up.
    Jeff
    Saturday. All day.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  6. #6
    OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Reputation: Ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by fred-da-trog
    Is this the teaser for 22nd and 23rd?
    This is the teaser ride.

    Jeff: We are just planning on day tripping on Saturday. It wouldn't be too hard to talk me into an overnighter though. We'd have to ride it as a loop on Sunday though but loops are good stuff too. And there are some great ways to get up the hill. Problem is I'm not sure how crowded the camping will be.

  7. #7
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    Anyone from the Bay Area want to carpool with me?
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  8. #8
    Devil Mtn
    Reputation: reklar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    686
    Okay, how crazy are these trails? How do they compare to Downieville for example? How much is flowy singletrack vs big drops through rock gardens?

    Do I need more travel than a BLT? Do I need a full face helmet and pads?

  9. #9
    OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Reputation: Ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by reklar
    Okay, how crazy are these trails? How do they compare to Downieville for example? How much is flowy singletrack vs big drops through rock gardens?

    Do I need more travel than a BLT? Do I need a full face helmet and pads?
    I would definitely consider both trails to be Black Diamond. That said, I won't ride anything I can't roll so no huge drops, there are some optional drops and jumps but mostly it's just challenging boulder crawling.

    More pix here: Pinecrest Ride Pics
    Last edited by Ogre; 09-03-2007 at 11:58 PM.

  10. #10
    OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Reputation: Ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by reklar
    Okay, how crazy are these trails? How do they compare to Downieville for example? How much is flowy singletrack vs big drops through rock gardens?

    Do I need more travel than a BLT? Do I need a full face helmet and pads?
    I didn't really answer your question. We are doing 2 shuttled DH rides and will be doing very little climbing. Pads and full face are probably a good idea. These trails are more technical than Downieville.

  11. #11
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,643

    I would guess...

    Quote Originally Posted by reklar
    Okay, how crazy are these trails? How do they compare to Downieville for example? How much is flowy singletrack vs big drops through rock gardens?

    Do I need more travel than a BLT? Do I need a full face helmet and pads?
    ... you would be happiest with a 5" trailbike that can still be pedaled uphill, but I did it last year on my 3.5" Stumpjumper, and it was totally fine. I wasn't really wishing for more travel. There were folks on our ride that did it on a hardtail. I know 0gre did it on his rigid MonoCog29er a few times.

  12. #12
    Let's ride SuperModerator
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,741
    Oh man, why can't this be another weekend?
    I'm really wanting to ride this area, after talking to Ogre.

    Ride safe guys.

  13. #13
    OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Reputation: Ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    Oh man, why can't this be another weekend?
    I'm really wanting to ride this area, after talking to Ogre.

    Ride safe guys.
    Well mark your calendar then, we're planning on riding on the weekend of Sept 22-23.

  14. #14
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    Dan'bulance route details:

    Leaving Pleasant Hill at about 6:15am should get me to Manteca or Oakdale by 8:00 which leaves plenty of time for TROGS to join in the carpool and get out to the Strawberry store by 10:00am.

    This is my general route:
    View Larger Map
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  15. #15
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,260

    Dude..

    Why not head east on 4 and either cut down to 580/108 from 5 or 99 or take 4 all the way across..to copperopolis then cut over to 108.

    108-205 and 580s gonna be packed..

  16. #16
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    If I did that, I wouldn't be able to pick up pimpbot and reklar.

    Anyway, I don't think it will be packed yet when I pass through.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 7HVN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    292

    Got Room?

    Morning Dan,

    Any space left?
    I'm a maybe, depending on what time ya return to the creek.

    Kevin

    Dennis - Any recommendations on SS gearing?

  18. #18
    OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Reputation: Ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by 7HVN
    Morning Dan,

    Any space left?
    I'm a maybe, depending on what time ya return to the creek.

    Kevin

    Dennis - Any recommendations on SS gearing?
    I rode it as a loop on my MC29er with 32x20 which is a pretty easy gear but I had a lot of climbing. Thinking about it, I don't think it's very important since we're shuttling, there are no extended climbs. The downhill really doesn't have any wide open sections where you will be begging for a bigger gear ratio. It also lacks any real climbs though. A couple little grunts but nothing more than 100 yards. I would suggest whatever gear ratio you feel most comfortable rock crawling in.

  19. #19
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,260

    Sea...

    got ya..

  20. #20
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    Quote Originally Posted by 7HVN
    Morning Dan,

    Any space left?
    I'm a maybe, depending on what time ya return to the creek.
    I have space. I plan on returning after getting something to eat after the ride without any lengthy dilly-dallying. Wives and small children appreciate that. Even for the lack of dilly-dallying, we will be back fairly late.

    Here's the story so far (thinking while typing)

    The Dan'bulance can hold 7 bikes and 8 people (7 fairly comfortably)
    pimpbot and jrm are maybes
    reklar is in
    I have to have enough space in the shuttle to accomodate 0gre and maybe 1 or 2 more once we get there.

    If Fiona is willing to recreate "The Punisher" B-ride from last year, maybe she can accompany us to the shuttle site and drive my truck down to the end? It will save time so that we can get on the road westward faster.

    So, if you can meet me at my house at 6am (EEK!), we can get rolling on time.

    And, if the others can meet us at Dublin BART, we can save time from making stops in Oakland and Livermore and make a shorter time of it by going down 680 to 580 and onward.

    Peanut gallery?
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  21. #21
    OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Reputation: Ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    I have space. I plan on returning after getting something to eat after the ride without any lengthy dilly-dallying. Wives and small children appreciate that. Even for the lack of dilly-dallying, we will be back fairly late.

    Here's the story so far (thinking while typing)

    The Dan'bulance can hold 7 bikes and 8 people (7 fairly comfortably)
    pimpbot and jrm are maybes
    reklar is in
    I have to have enough space in the shuttle to accomodate 0gre and maybe 1 or 2 more once we get there.

    If Fiona is willing to recreate "The Punisher" B-ride from last year, maybe she can accompany us to the shuttle site and drive my truck down to the end? It will save time so that we can get on the road westward faster.

    So, if you can meet me at my house at 6am (EEK!), we can get rolling on time.

    And, if the others can meet us at Dublin BART, we can save time from making stops in Oakland and Livermore and make a shorter time of it by going down 680 to 580 and onward.

    Peanut gallery?
    I'm going to plan on being at Strawberry by 9:15 or so. I figure you guys will probably be a bit late but we'll try and run this deal without any delays. Sounds like it's just going to be me, fiona, and whoever shows up in the Dan'bulance so so there shouldn't be any waiting.

  22. #22
    Devil Mtn
    Reputation: reklar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    If I did that, I wouldn't be able to pick up pimpbot and reklar.

    Anyway, I don't think it will be packed yet when I pass through.
    580 on a Saturday morning almost certainly won't be packed.

  23. #23
    Blanco
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,315
    Put me down for a space in the Dan'bulance...what are the final meeting times for Pleasant Hill and Dublin BART?

  24. #24
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballo
    Put me down for a space in the Dan'bulance...what are the final meeting times for Pleasant Hill and Dublin BART?
    6:15 at my house in Pleasant Hill and 6:45-7 from Dublin BART. Schedule is not concrete yet. I'll finalize by tonight.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  25. #25
    AKA jefftron3000
    Reputation: mountainboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    106

    wassup?

    Hey Y'all,

    Hope you guys have fun this weekend.

    I'll be busy finishing up a sewing project Saturday and Sunday, but I'll probably ride on Monday if you want to hook up......maybe I can show you some new stuff.

    I've been doing some all day/overnighter backcountry epics recently, and have been putting together a few new rides in some pretty obscure areas.

    Here's a couple teaser shots:

    1.jpg

    2.jpg

    3.jpg
    I sew stuff.

    Carousel Design Works

    Round and round it goes. Where it stops? Nobody knows.

    The Endless Revolution

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •