Captain Trail Head

... and if we just ... THC Spooky SWAP MEET, Re-Cap, + the next one...

Thanks to all the folks who came out! Share some of your deals! What did you sell/buy/trade? I have pics on my phone from all over, but the ones from my rooftop are the best. Soon as I get them transferred I'll post 'em.

Next one is scheduled for April Fools 2012, so mark those calendars! I hope we have weather like we had this time

Posted 10-11-2011

It's time once again to put on a costume and buy/sell some used bike stuff. This is the Spooky Swap, so bust out a costume (optional) and come play with bikes and bike gear in front of Trail Head Cyclery. This event does not disappoint. Every year it just gets better and better, so whether you need to make some space in the garage or you're looking for some new parts at great prices, set Sunday the 23rd aside. Or at least part of it...

Come on, we know you have a bunch of bike parts just collecting dust in the garage. Start boxing that stuff now and pricing it to move! This is a great opportunity to turn those parts into CASH.

BIG SALE in the shop as well. We will have 2011 close-outs, specials and deals to me had, so be sure to swing into the shop and get hooked up!

Details;

When: Sunday, October 23rd, 2011
    What: Come buy and sell all things related to bikes!
    Where: Out in front of Trail Head Cyclery, 14390 Union Ave. (The Cambrian Park Plaza in San Jose, 95124)

SELLER'S details;

> Set-up begins at 6 am & closes at 8 am!!! ( I don't want folks trying to park and set up with buyers everywhere!)
    > Spaces cost $20 (If you have a real costume on it's only $10) I will be cruising through to collect after everyone is set up.
    > Drive in, drive out format. Trailers count as a second space. Huge ass trucks welcome, but also count as a second space.

Buyer's details

> Time: START time is 8 am. Goes strong all morning, then tapers out.
    > Entry: Buyers get in FREE

Other neat little details;

CASH: Swappers love cash. We have many ATM's nearby. The Bank of the effing West and Bank of effing A is next to the shop. Across the street you can find Wells Fargo, Citi and one other oppressive bank in Lucky, can't remember which though. Oh, and just down Union is a Credit Union, oh isn't that cute.

FOOD & COFFEE: Two more loved items. Plenty nearby. First, next door to the shop is the Heartbeat Cafe, normally closed on Sundays but open for us every Swap Meet! Help support the local cafe and get yummy breakfast and coffee right on site! Or the authentic Mexican at Alicia's just on the other side of the Dollar Hole. We also host a Togo's, a Round Table and a BevMo! Oh, I guess that isn't really food or coffee, but oh man they have beer in spades!

SELLING:
    The THC Swap Meets couldn't be any easier to sell at. You DO NOT need to reserve a space. Just drive into the parking lot and I will be directing folks to their selling space. You park, you set up your stuff next to your car, you sell your stuff and then you pack up any trash you brought and drive out. Yep, that is it. I like to have fun, so if you are wearing a sweet costume when I come collecting (around 9ish),,, you will save $10 on your space ;-) If you bring a trailer, that is a second space worth $20. If you drive a really big truck the size of two small cars, you will pay for a second space. (But you should have a ton of stuff to sell, right?)

FREELOADERS: I always get asked this. "What if I just want to bring a frame and walk around with it. Do I have to pay for a space?" NO. In my opinion, that would be lame. Go ahead Mr. Strap-on man, tie that part to your back and cruise the swap! You may end up trading it for something better... or not. Doesn't matter to me

DIRECTIONS:
    Where the heck is Trail Head Cyclery you may be asking? Oh, we are very easy to find. From space, we are near the Hwy 85 and Hwy 17 (880) interchange. Up closer, we are in the Cambrian Park Plaza at the corner of Union and Camden Avenues in West San Jose. If you google our address, 14390 Union Ave, San Jose 95124 you will get a clear picture. The swap is out in front of the shop next to the Pumpkin Patch and under the Marquee. (Think big corner sign with old ass merry-go-round on the top.)

Check these guys out, selling stuff and making CASH... Check out the dude w/ a Dirt Jump frame! Buy a classic cruiser for you and your mate! What? Can't pay retail for the parts your old beater needs? Get on over and score some deals folks!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails THC Spooky SWAP MEET, Oct 23rd-img_6506.jpg  

THC Spooky SWAP MEET, Oct 23rd-img_6528.jpg  

THC Spooky SWAP MEET, Oct 23rd-img_6537.jpg  

THC Spooky SWAP MEET, Oct 23rd-img_6594.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lars@thc; 10-24-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Post Swap recap

mtbr member
    This is a great chance to unload some of your old stuff with a huge audience.

Urban Ninja
    Damn! Wish I could make it to this as I have A LOT of stuff to get rid of. Alas I'll be in Moab riding the Whole Enchilada then drinking beer that day ;-P
    For Sale: EPIC

Send it!

www.rayscyclebicycles.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Excellent, just moved recently and have a huge amount of swap goods.

This will be a mountain bikers gold mine!

Get there early too, otherwise you will have to buy my stuff from the dude who bought it at 8AM, and then re-sells it @ 50% markup. Happens every year. Get in early, get out quick.

VRC Illuminati
    I never miss a Trailhead swap. I'll be there as a buyer and seller.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: 400mm American Classic seatpost, 26.8 & 27.2

VRC Illuminati
    Also, if you have vintage high end mtb stuff from the late 80's and early 90's....bring it and I'll buy it.
    -eric-

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    Damn it, I'll be in Seattle.
    My Trifecta: Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro, Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70, eBay Carbon Hardtail

Team Trail Head
    Jun 2008

Big Red will be there...

With that sweet carbon Stumpy frame and fork I have for sale.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    anyone interested in sharing a spot?

aka baycat
    Yes! In the south bay this weekend, and always wanted to check this out.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yep, I'm interested. I have two wheelsets, Small HT frame and kiddie running wood bike and can't justify taking the whole space lot, but have no problem picking up half of the bill to share.
    Gravity Dropper - simply kicks @$$
    Casco Viper MX - trully jaw dropping experience.

Team Trail Head
    Jun 2008
    $10 for a space is a good deal.

mtbr member
    How did the swap meet go? I couldn't make it today, any pics?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    It was hot and most peoples are probably riding. I seen more crowd in the past. Still one less piece to take space in garage and met lot of folks I haven't seen in a while.
    Gravity Dropper - simply kicks @$$
    Casco Viper MX - trully jaw dropping experience.

Mtn View, CA
    I walked through twice and saw some cool stuff just none of the stuff I needed. Not the most straightforward layout but adequate. I couldn't seem to find a table I meant to go back to the second time through. One of my friends got a pair of shoes for $20.
    Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed...

mtbr member
    Got some small goodies. Brakes and chainrings... I hadn't been in several years an it has grown. Got in and out by 9, in time to go for a ride!

VRC Illuminati
    I spent as much as I sold. :|
    -eric-