Team Chilidog!

Teen mountain biker rescued near Felton along Highway 9

Teen mountain biker rescued near Felton - San Jose Mercury News

FELTON -- A teen was carried out of the woods along Highway 9 about 1:45 p.m. Sunday after falling while mountain biking and injuring his leg, Felton Fire said.
    Firefighters hiked up some steep terrain to reach the 14-year-old boy, who appeared to have broken his leg while riding about two miles south of Felton, said Ron Rickabaugh, chief of Felton Fire Protection District.
    "It took us a while to reach him and package him up without jostling his leg around too much," Rickabaugh said.
    The boy, who had been riding with friends, was taken to Dominican Hospital, Rickabaugh said.
    Felton Fire responds to similar calls at least six times per year, Rickabaugh said. The area is popular with mountain bikers, and some of them set-up jumps and other obstacles, he said.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    He did one thing right: went riding with friends.

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    So this kid was ditching school to ride trails he shouldn't be? I can only assume this is a product of hippy SC parenting. Every hyper competitive bay area parent knows you can't get a scholarship to Stanford mountain biking, so ergo a waste of time. Well at least he wasn't there buying recreational products in said woods I guess. Joking aside, glad he's ok and it's only a leg.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    > So this kid was ditching school to ride trails he shouldn't be? I
    > can only assume this is a product of hippy SC parenting.

Or learning from snowjnky.

That said, a rescue on trails in that area will likely result in some added ranger activity.

Good times.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by hkenshin View Post
    Well at least he wasn't there buying recreational products in said woods.
    Well the story did not say he wasn't buying recreational products either. It is the SC area. I think that is just expected and does not need to be reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hkenshin View Post
    So this kid was ditching school to ride trails he shouldn't be? I can only assume this is a product of hippy SC parenting. Every hyper competitive bay area parent knows you can't get a scholarship to Stanford mountain biking, so ergo a waste of time. Well at least he wasn't there buying recreational products in said woods I guess. Joking aside, glad he's ok and it's only a leg.
    Looks like this happened on Sunday. I know the west coast is more progressive than the east coast but didnt think that any place other than churches had school on sundays.

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008

Doh now I feel like an idiot. I must have selectively skipped the word Sunday when i glanced over the article and saw the date as 2/11.

singletrack bound
    Sorrel Seeker !!