mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Is Taylor mountain in Sonoma County legal to ride?

I understand that you need a permit to access The open space district. But if I get the permit , wil it be legal to ride my bike there?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

I think that if you have a permit then yes

They list (some) trails as being open to cyclists. However, Landpaths is not offering any more permits at this time:
    http://www.landpaths.org/propertyexp...-preserve.aspx

You might want to sign up for their email and/or on facebook. They have special events every now and then, or they may open it up in the future.

I haven't heard much about mtbiking there, I imagine there are not many good trails there yet, but probably some great views available.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

don't try this at home
    wifey got a permit for us earlier this year, which included a hiking tour of the place. she didn't see much in the way of riding there yet anyway. I haven't gone up there, but I've heard that there are plans to build more biking trails.
    will you rep me?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    According to press democrat article posted above, they are opening the park to the public in January. And plan on building 17 miles bike legal trails in the next two years.

Btw, thank you for posting the article.

mtbr member
    Ive ridden up there a couple of times. Its legal on one trail. Its a steep uphill grind that is only about 2.5 miles one way. Fun blast down though....
    actually the pic for my avatar is from Taylor