mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Tamarancho Noobs

My wife and I would like try out our Family pass tomorrow at Tamarancho. It will
    be our fist time. I'm concerned it might be a little to hot.We plan on hitting the trail
    around 8am do you think it's doable. We are in decent shape and are really looking forward to it. What do you think??

WWYD?
    Sunblock.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i like riding at about noon to three when its hottest.. really too, its when i end up doing most of my riding. as long as you have enough water and sunblock, you're fine..

nothing wrong with riding in the heat if you're hydrated properly.. tam isnt too long of a ride.

Mtb Bum

No Worries

It's only 11 miles round trip if you park in the lot across from Sunshine Bikes. If you really are in good shape, and ride pretty slowly, you can do it in two hours. So, done by 10. Shouldn't be too hot by then.
    Support Lakes Basin and Downieville Trails:

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    hope you guys like switch backs

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    ...really, really tight switchbacks.

I often ride in very hot weather and the key for me has been to hydrate well the week leading up to those rides. I do this by not drinking soda nor coffee and just drinking alot of water and some gatorade. It works for me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    im a raging coffee addict.. just have to compensate by drinking a lot of water! especially when its this hot out, drink enough to feel a little sloshy before the ride. it'll feel weird for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, but an hour in i think you notice a pretty good difference, cramping and bonk wise.