Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm really diggin it!

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!

You know who you are. You know there is really is nothing I can do to stop you. And you suck the donkey cock.

We let people ride the trail that worked hard. Until it started raining. Then we closed the trail. Overall we have had tremendous respect. No one rode the trail, until last night.

This is an all volunteer effort that you were obviously not a part of and you wrecked a bunch of hard work. You delayed the opening of the trail. Dumbass.

Someone tore **** up last night, literally.

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360479846.038493.jpg

The best part is that I can tell you suck by your weak lines pressed deep into virgin soil.

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360480036.075708.jpg

You seriously suck and where you went down on slippery clay, yeah I laughed.

I'm considering sleeping out there and waiting for you next time.

The trail is closed! If you love mountain biking and can't respect those bringing you this trail you are kind of a lost cause, but I will keep trying.
    Last edited by Davey Simon; 02-10-2013 at 01:37 AM.

mtbr member
    I bet you would love to post the punks face...

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-221223_ts.jpg

I'm really diggin it!

A game camera is in the works. When I leave for work for 15 days I will have one out there. We will have a hall of shame soon.

NedwannaB
    Check out Starve, possible the perp tracked ride and made a segment faceplanting into that berm!
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

I'm really diggin it!

I don't even know how to use Strava. If some figures it out LMK.

I'm really diggin it!

Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    I bet you would love to post the punks face...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	221223_ts.jpg 
Views:	693 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	770277
    I'm posting video:

http://youtu.be/aBqYZlPJeck

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    That berm looks pretty soft at the moment. Fricken people.

Uncle
    This sucks, for sure. I haven't been to 'rancho since this project started From a distance, a few of us yesterday were considering a side trip that way to check it out. We've seen video and read lots of great feedback thus far, but we've not been following the progress close enough to know the status. I'm glad we didn't waste a trip. Next time we end up there, can I assume safely that there is/will be signage about its status? I'm happy just rollin' the xc loop, and certainly don't want to piss in anyone's Cheerios on such a laborious project.

Thanks.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can't you just put a log in the middle of the berms? Yes it might get removed but it would at least stop a few idiots.
    Romani ite domum

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO

There are signs all over the place for jeez sake!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-img_6307.jpg  

Last edited by GoGoGordo; 02-10-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Banned for showing Boobies.

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO

Quote Originally Posted by fourarm View Post
    Can't you just put a log in the middle of the berms? Yes it might get removed but it would at least stop a few idiots.
    No not really
    Must be at least 20-30 berms
    Maybe more
    It would take forever every time we worked, to put logs across the berms
    Just stay off till the project is finished.
    Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360553294.390759.jpg

Unpredictable
    Know your pain! Sadly, the dipshits who did that probably think they did no harm - I mean, what harm can a wheel rut do? That is until you try to sort one out on a berm that was soft, but otherwise perfect and is now solidified with scars that change riders lines and cause local erosion and loss of surface integrity.

Regarding trail closures - we decided to fully log cover a section that was closed for the same reason as this one (looked OK, but had not been opened at all) because temporary closures (crossed logs on the trees and on the ground) had not worked. Every bit was taken off and chucked to the side of the trail leaving a mass of pointy bits as well as the general mess. More recently riders went past signs and under 3 taped closures to poach another trail which had just had a major berm renovation.

I don't know what you can do to stop this sort of idiot. Cattle prods come to mind, but you can't live on-site to catch them. Sad that cameras are needed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    there was a vid on youtube the other day of two bros poaching the trail and ducking under the closed signs, just looked for it and looks like they took it down off youtube. WTF people.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

We are having the same problem here in Louisiana. Fer's have no respect at all for all the work that goes into maintaining a trail b

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by normarin View Post
    there was a vid on youtube the other day of two bros poaching the trail and ducking under the closed signs, just looked for it and looks like they took it down off youtube. WTF people.
    I also seen a youtube video of some one going past the closure on the flow trail. I was going to embed it here to show, but it's seems it's been removed. I wouldn't be surpirsed if it's already a segment on strava!

mtbr member
    This is why we can't get a good legal trail open to save our lives. We are our own worst enemy.

Threading freely...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    This is why we can't get a good legal trail open to save our lives. We are our own worst enemy.
    Yeah, right. One ****** bag poaches flow under construction, and this is why we can't get legal single track here? Carl, the kind of generalization you just spewed is the real reason we can't get legal ST here.
    Threading lightly and respectfully wherever I want....

Save Jesus
    It also hurts the cause to argue that mountain biking doesn't cause much trail damage, and then complain about how just two riders can "ruin" a trail. Could a hiker have also "ruined" this trail by walking on it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
    It also hurts the cause to argue that mountain biking doesn't cause much trail damage, and then complain about how just two riders can "ruin" a trail. Could a hiker have also "ruined" this trail by walking on it?

some people just don't get it.....not even worth the keystrokes trying to explain it to you....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by polymathic View Post
    Carl, the kind of generalization you just spewed is the real reason we can't get legal ST here.
    Please explain. And by "we" I wasn't saying Marin as I don't live in Marin, I meant "we" as in mountain bikers. I mean here you have the one interesting legal trail to open in Marin in the last what...10 years? and dbags can't stay off it. It's a metaphor for the whole situation.

Brake. Fix. Repeat.
    May 2009
    The Berms need to be hard-packed and bump-free in order for us to carry maximum speed through the turn. That is how it is ruined. Hikers don't need this smooth surface to enjoy a trail.

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    (Quote) That berm looks pretty soft at the moment. Fricken people.

Yeah of course they look soft, we just made the GD things!!

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO

Quote Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
    What really hurts are your ill timed and uninformed responses.
    You don't get it.
    You make no sense.
    Your a troll I'm pretty sure from reading most of your other responses.
    Why don't you come out to the next workday and introduce yourself , grab a shovel, and then we will show you how a trail gets messed up BEFORE its ready to be ridden.
    We just moved fresh dirt all around for hours and hours and until it SETS up, yeah anyone could mess it up or ruin it.
    Until then stop being devils advocate.
    Its not cute, helpful, or funny.

I'm really diggin it!

Allow me to explain. The trail is brand new in many ways. In its physical form and the design is very new to the area. So the dirt is soft and many have not seen this kind of construction before.

The poached section was carved out of the hill by tractor three weeks ago by Kevin Smallman. This effort equalled the labor of two dozen men for two days. It took a day of 90k trail machine time to rough the turn in.

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360564120.433856.jpg

Then a dozen guys dug out the berm enough to add a drain and rake out all of the rocks.

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360564286.145252.jpg

Here is one of our dedicated volunteers.

Now we let the turn sit through a rain and come back to finish it. First we start by hand tamping, then add the demo hammer.

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360564422.675505.jpg

The demo hammer is loud and heavy and I can only operate it for an hour without imploding. Sandor, can run it all day however because he is Chuck Norris and Mr T all wrapped into one. The surface is hard but it looks like this:

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360564687.782317.jpg

Now an experienced shaper hits it with a shovel for a day.

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360564630.828118.jpg

Now a dozen volunteers, each giving three days of labor, one 90k machine, a demo hammer, over three weeks have finished the rideable berm.

Tamarancho flow trail poachers. The flow trail is closed!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360564853.021636.jpg

Now it is rideable.

If you are going to poach please stay off the lower section. Even to just have a look. Hit the top if you insist. Please don't go below where the trail parallels B17 ext. it is all soft and a dead end. I need you out of there for 60 days tops. Please respect the volunteers and all of their hard work. Lets show the world how great the Marin MTB community is!

We will all ride the trail this May. There will be a big party. Come join us and help us finish this great project.

I'm really diggin it!

Quote Originally Posted by fourarm View Post
    I don't want to hurt anyone...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast