Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

TAHOE SIERRA 100 Reg is open!!!!!

Check it out, the TS 100 is back in 2012 and it's going to be RAD!

Added mileage taking the race from Soda Spring to Auburn. This race contains it ALL...

epic views, challenging single-track, fierce competition, AND best of all.......delicious bacon tacos that bring you back to life at mile 60ish. Reg up and secure a spot for what is going to be the hardest 100 miler ever.

- Mike

NedwannaB
    You know you're a SSicko Harrison! Pack some tubes and patchkit on this ride....
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Sweet! Think I am in.

mtbr member

The dream becomes real

Jim Northey, Sean A and others have dedicated themselves over the last few years to move this from a gleam in an eye to a reality. Fantastic!

mtbr member
    May 2009

Check out video of the added trail sections

Check out this video of the 30+ miles of additional single track between Forresthill and Auburn. These trails will make an awesome magic carpet finish to the the race. TS100 more single track for 2012.mov - YouTube

Dropshot Champ!
    the singletrack from foresthill to auburn is insanely fun. The first five to seven miles are either coasting or light braking. There are 3 or 4 creek crossings, with one tricky one on a tight downhill switchback.

Are they making you climb out ruckachucky for the finish?

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post

Are they making you climb out ruckachucky for the finish?
    I'm very curious about that as well....would it end at ruck-a-chucky a the bottom? Or climb up and end somewhere around Drivers Flat? Or somewhere else?

mtbr member
    May 2009

route

...route would climb back out on Driver's Flat road and hook up with FDLT - Connector - Tunnel - Stagecoach -finish in town.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    The addition from Foresthill to Auburn is a significant game changer. It adds a third part to the course. High country, canyons (including Devil's Thumb), then Foresthill to Auburn. Just like the other two events, much of the race will get interesting here. There is a ton of rail and a ton of climbing left in that last part. Stagecoach will be drama. Can you say E P I C er?

Sweater
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I'm very curious about that as well....would it end at ruck-a-chucky a the bottom? Or climb up and end somewhere around Drivers Flat? Or somewhere else?
    If they are adding 30mi of single track it will have to be past drivers flat. It's under 15mi to the bottom ofruck a chucky. Unless of course jimmy is adding more towards the beginning of the race.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***
    I think I strained a pucker muscle

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am in - I managed 11:28 last year and hope to improve on that this year.

Sounds like the route is going to a lot tougher so that means more training.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Ok thanks...yes much moar epic than even last year, wow.

Sebt frm my iPhne usig Tapaak

MTB skillz = NADA
    Is this 100 miles spread out evenly over 5-10 weekends?
    Since I don't like writing, I don't have a blog to pimp. This space for rent.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spgallo View Post
    miles of additional single track between Forresthill and Auburn. Tl]
    So is there a one time exemption to allow bike's on this section for the race, if so has it been fully approved yet? Any chance this may open up to be legal all the time? I think think this would be a good candidate for an odd/even day kinda of thing in the future, as it would be kinda hard to get around a horse in some sections..
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    May 2005

Here's the deal so far....

So before this gets out of hand as to where we are going, here is what we have right now. I am taking care of the ASRA permit process and it looks like it is going well. They have some concerns about the course as they should, but overall they have been very easy to work with so far.
    Forest Service is on board as is the city of Auburn, so it is coming together nicely. We all know that can change so keep your fingers crossed

Right now we are ending in Auburn regardless.

How we get there is in flux right now and likely will be for some time.

There are ways to get to Auburn without taking the California Street/Peachstone section of Western States that is currently closed to bikes. Ultimately we would like to run that section of trail in the race and it would be a one day exemption from the current ban.
    Many hurdles exist to this coming to fruition and it may take years to get to that point, we are committed to doing our best to make it happen .

Not preaching here, but people riding it illegally and posting here about it will not help the matter. If you think State Parks and the powers that be at Western States and Tevis foundations and the many other horse advocacy groups don't visit this site you are fooling yourselves. I realize that some people think that it should be open to bikes, and that fight has been going on for years( yes, unfortunately the odd/even consideration was shot down years ago) but the fact remains it is closed and any conflicts on it will put a serious hurt on any further consideration by State Parks to open it to bikes, even for a day.

So that being said, here's what we have right now pending State Parks approval( and a whole bunch of other agencies). Likely the course will remain unchanged from Soda Springs Rd to Foresthill, we'll likely lose some of the stuff in Royal Gorge though. Getting to the bottom of McKeon Ponderosa is what were stuck on right now, either way it will be fun. Once you get to the campground at Ruck-a-Chuck you will climb Drivers Flat Rd to the North side of the FDLT, then on to the Connector, Confluence trail all the way down, Stagecoach to Russell Rd and then some road racing to a yet to be determined site in South Auburn. We're hoping for right around 100 miles although it may get up to 105 or so with the addition of some paved connections. I won't know the exact mileage until we do some sort of shake down run.

Big climbing in the last 15 miles is gonna be the decider

It's gonna be Epic and the premier endurance bike race in California. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Sean Allan; 01-04-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Only the curious have something to find.

http://wanderlustandtheroadlesstraveled.blogspot.com/

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Dang this sounds extra brutal. I'm trying to recall the pain and suffering from last year to put it in perspective. But alas,, I'm getting old and don't remember much,, so I guess I'm in ,, again.

Ron,, you better be in.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zon View Post
    Ron,, you better be in.

i have a conflict between this and the High Cascades 100 this year.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Looks like someone's scared

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Just think of all the gas and $ you will save racing local. Less carbon too.!!

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zon View Post
    Less carbon too.!!
    No more carbon fumes from my bike...just titanium ;-)

Sebt frm my iPhne usig Tapaak

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Question : If the last 15 miles is going to be the decider. Is it going to be hike a bike out of canyons [ Like those wonderful two hikes last year ] or is it going to be rideable. ?? I can handle doing last years HIKING but would not want to push my bike any farther than I did last year. I like riding my bike.

Sweater
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiktm View Post
    Question : If the last 15 miles is going to be the decider. Is it going to be hike a bike out of canyons [ Like those wonderful two hikes last year ] or is it going to be rideable. ?? I can handle doing last years HIKING but would not want to push my bike any farther than I did last year. I like riding my bike.
    The last 15mi is the regular auburn trails. There's probably around 3k feet of climbing or so from ruck a chucky camp to the top of stagecoach. All of it totally rideable and really fun.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***
    I think I strained a pucker muscle

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Regardless of how we get to Auburn, It is completely rideable from Foresthill to Auburn. Whether people will have the legs to do it is another thing
    The HAB's before Foresthill will be in the full meal deal regardless.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Great, I will sign up tomorrow. Thought about doing Creampuff or High Cascades but driving from Los Angeles, ST100 is a better option , fun race with 1000 miles less driving.

mtbr member
    sounds like a brilliant finish. I've done the finish section from RuckChuck many times after big training rides and felt pretty devastated. Will be a dig deep situation, under race conditions, after 85 miles of fun A W E S O M E.

for added fun, have a $100 to the fastest hill climb up drivers flat

Sean, can we have the river raft companies still run their shuttles on DF during the race... will give it that added je ne c'est qois, getting battered by powdered dust like fried chicken, and getting cheered on by mobile drunken rafting groups

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast