mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Tahoe Rim Trail - GPS track

Just moved to South Lake Tahoe and already looking to ride the TRT this year. Yes, I know there are a few closed bits to biking. I've tried to dig through the forums, TAMBA, and TRTA with not much luck at finding actual GPS coordinates.

Are there GPS coord avail? Obviously I'd like to ride as much single track and dirt as possible. Any recommendation to get along the west side?

PS. Is it frowned upon to ride around here at night? These trails are PERFECT for night assaults.

Cheers,
    Greg

President of the Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by grega View Post
    Just moved to South Lake Tahoe and already looking to ride the TRT this year. Yes, I know there are a few closed bits to biking. I've tried to dig through the forums, TAMBA, and TRTA with not much luck at finding actual GPS coordinates.

Are there GPS coord avail? Obviously I'd like to ride as much single track and dirt as possible. Any recommendation to get along the west side?

PS. Is it frowned upon to ride around here at night? These trails are PERFECT for night assaults.

Cheers,
    Greg
    Check out WhereWolf's website. Its in his signature, i think. Or you can search the forum for his TR's which have a link.
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

http://fairoaksandcarmichaelhomes.com

mtbr dismember
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail View Post
    Check out WhereWolf's website. Its in his signature....
    Only done one ride on west side. Mine are mostly east and south. But I also have maps of most of it.

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    Not sure what you are looking for that the tahoerimtrail.org web site doesn't have. On their maps pages they offer downloadable GPS tracks.

And uh, the bulk of the West side of the TRT is closed to bikes.

mtb'er
    Here's the track from Mt. Rose (Tahoe Meadows) to Mr. Toads: Rose to Toads --Garmin Connect - Details

Lots of options off the TRT along the way.

Here's the TRTA's mtb info: TRT - MtnBiking
    Please respect the odd/even day advisory from Mt. Rose to Tunnel Creek (9 miles)

TAMBA is doing the Rose to Toads event on Labor Day this year. Well worth it if you want some company and sag!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll have a look at some of the above and see what I can piece together. I'm also trying to figure out the best place to start (i.e. get most difficult sections out of the way). I'll keep the TAMBA thing on the calendar but I'm hoping to ride well before labor day.

cheers,
    Greg

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by grega View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll have a look at some of the above and see what I can piece together. I'm also trying to figure out the best place to start (i.e. get most difficult sections out of the way). I'll keep the TAMBA thing on the calendar but I'm hoping to ride well before labor day.

cheers,
    Greg
    Seeing you want to find some West Shore'ish routes, not too much on the southern end as mentioned. But from Homewood area north, there's Stanford Rock route which I did a couple times that brings you up and over with vistas towards Alpine Resort. It drops down to where you can finish up at Fanny Bridge in Tahoe City, or con't farther towards Western States?. Here's an archived ride report from a rider no longer with us (RIP Mr. Brainstump). The Motionbase ride link is invalid but thread will give you some ideas of route:

Stanford Rock/Tahoe Rim Trail ride report

There's some other trails in the Tahoe City area as well. Pretty sure Sawtooth is riding now. Another is TRT from 89/Tahoe City that takes you up to Brockway Summit on 267 between Kings Beach/Truckee. I've done it from there(Brockway) maybe 3/4 way down and back. Could be done a full out-n-back from either TC or the summit. Some friends did it from TC up to Brockway and would not do again. Me, I don't mind climbing. Maybe some regulars can give you the best out/back or one way(shuttle) direction.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....