Contains no juice.

Tahoe feud threatens to topple iconic sculpture

Now this is just silly. The artist wants $8 million?

Pshhhh, right.

Lake Tahoe feud threatens to topple iconic trout sculpture | The Sacramento Bee
    Collusion!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Its the blue haired lady contingent. These old people are the same that you see on HOA boards and in city council meetings. "It was perfect in the 1970's and you can't ever change it".

You see this same thing in the MidPen managment and in Marin with the anti bike bias.

Clever Title
    Nov 2009
    The $8 million is just a crank being an old crank... But this:
    He's not a fan of the roundabout project, either, seeing it as an invitation to more traffic and development on Tahoe’s west shore.

I'd be willing to bet this is the heart of the matter. Same as the old selfish cranks trying to ban VHRs in South Shore.

MTB Monkey
    I think the city should tell him that they appreciate the loan of the art, but they regrettably have to return it, and that he has 30 days to remove it from the public land at his expense or they will and bill him for the removal costs.

Here, diagonally!
    Good idea to move it to the roundabout. But for 8mil in taxpayer dollars, just bundle it up and drop it on the artist's doorstep.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I think when push comes to shove Mr. Betts will discover that nobody gives a $*it what he thinks.

Contains no juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by nilswalk View Post
    I think when push comes to shove Mr. Betts will discover that nobody gives a $*it what he thinks.
    But, but, he's an artiste!
    Collusion!

Ride, Race, Live
    Quote Originally Posted by leaguerider View Post
    Its the blue haired lady contingent. These old people are the same that you see on HOA boards and in city council meetings. "It was perfect in the 1970's and you can't ever change it".

You see this same thing in the MidPen managment and in Marin with the anti bike bias.
    This. Eventually these people will die off, or at least dwindle enough in numbers that they won't have as much influence. But if they don't hurry up and kick the bucket I might be too old to ride singletrack before enough change happens!

wretch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick-e View Post
    This. Eventually these people will die off, or at least dwindle enough in numbers that they won't have as much influence. But if they don't hurry up and kick the bucket I might be too old to ride singletrack before enough change happens!
    I find myself saying this more and more in regards to a number of topics affecting the Tahoe Basin / Truckee.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Dunno -- $8 million buys you a two-bedroom condo at Rocky Ridge and, like four margaritas at Blue Agave these days...

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick-e View Post
    Except there's a never-ending supply of people like us who swear up and down that we'll never ever ever be like that, waiting in line to replace them