Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 1,001 to 1,067 of 1067

Thread: Taco envy

  1. #1001
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,642
    Obviously envious
    IPA will save America

  2. #1002
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,113

    The opposite of my Tacos

    I picked this used RR up yesterday from the local Land Rover independent shop. 100k miles. It's the backup to my Taco (or maybe it's the other way around). I'm trying to minimize the mileage on my 01 but still be able to take it to the mountains. Plus, my significant other digs it.

    Taco envy-img_0056.jpg

  3. #1003
    Snowflake
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,928

    Pre-Taco Envy

    Quote Originally Posted by Picard
    You guys are useless.

  4. #1004
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,113
    Pre-work dawn patrol at Lake Chabot

    Taco envy-img_0088.jpg

  5. #1005
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spindelatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    960
    My Cement TRD Sport 4x4 MT
    Taco envy-20180623_200228.jpg

    Taco envy-20180711_194355.jpg
    hard to see but I got the raceface tailgate pad on there.

  6. #1006
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,642
    4runner envy

    You know you've done something big when you put desert pinstriping on your window.


    Taco envy-img_9383.jpg
    IPA will save America

  7. #1007
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    4runner envy

    You know you've done something big when you put desert pinstriping on your window.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9383.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	1207771
    Sliders, 33's (or 35's?) and what looks like a custom fab steel bumper with a swingout. Nice looking off road rig!

  8. #1008
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    Sliders, 33's (or 35's?) and what looks like a custom fab steel bumper with a swingout. Nice looking off road rig!
    Buddy bought an $11k 4runner, spent $10k on upgrades and just went on a 1000 mile road trip from Joshua Tree all the way north.

    So gnarly. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk_GUpNn...like_the_wheel

    Solo too, just with girlfriend.
    IPA will save America

  9. #1009
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindelatron View Post
    My Cement TRD Sport 4x4 MT

    hard to see but I got the raceface tailgate pad on there.
    Very nice!

  10. #1010
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Buddy bought an $11k 4runner, spent $10k on upgrades and just went on a 1000 mile road trip from Joshua Tree all the way north.

    So gnarly. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk_GUpNn...like_the_wheel

    Solo too, just with girlfriend.
    There's definitely something to be said for older vehicles that you can set up specifically for overlanding and not care if it gets a dent, ding or desert pin striping.

  11. #1011
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    102
    I've got a 2011 dbl cab, long bed prerunner I'm considering selling. 132k hwy miles on it. It's red. Comes with a new DAKINE tailgate pad and black low profile toolbox Thought I would see if anyone here wants some more info or interested in it before I start posting online in the next few weeks. Thinking about getting one with 4wd or a 4runner...

  12. #1012
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    I recieved my new portable compressor, auto deflators and tire plug kit. I was tired of not being able to air down on the trail. Now I'll be able to safely air down and ride in comfort (relative).

    It took around 2min to air up from 20psi to 40psi per tire. Not too bad for a $69 (MSRP $92) compressor with a 40min max run time. Thanks Prime Day!

    Taco envy-uwnoroq.jpg
    Taco envy-ld76lce.jpg


    Setting the pressure on the auto deflators was a simple affair. They will save a lot of time getting the tires aired down!
    Taco envy-ctzdaij.jpg

  13. #1013
    Stand-up philosopher
    Reputation: drwx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    621
    A random 3rd gen taco driver dropped this off at my house a few days ago. He said his friend had a totaled 18, so he had a spare bed mat that he'd been hauling around, looking for a new owner for it. Wooooo

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    --
    stephen


    no one can appreciate the poor misunderstood

  14. #1014
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,009
    No wonder Iíve been so happy with my Taco choice.

    https://www.edmunds.com/truck/?utm_m...+International

    Taco envy-55985c36-a7f8-430b-9f26-39b01af152cc.jpg

    Taco envy-50d6f075-f7c5-4263-9c55-64453dd2d827.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  15. #1015
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,642
    They say there's only 2 vehicles in Hawaii, tourist rental cars, and Tacomas.

    IPA will save America

  16. #1016
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,009
    ^ Dude needs to lay off the crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  17. #1017
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    102
    Just got this bad boy. 4th tacoma I've owned. '17 TRD off road. If anybody around Marin/Sonoma county knows where some dirt is lets get together. Grew up on the east coast with endless off roading miles and I'm struggling to find anything around here. Hell, some drivable fire roads would be a start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Taco envy-d-rpoithtpcj3zx99vqtia.jpg  

    Taco envy-1z0t53r5qb-kwm8f50ak9w.jpg  


  18. #1018
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonunlimited View Post
    Just got this bad boy. 4th tacoma I've owned. '17 TRD off road. If anybody around Marin/Sonoma county knows where some dirt is lets get together. Grew up on the east coast with endless off roading miles and I'm struggling to find anything around here. Hell, some drivable fire roads would be a start.
    Very nice!

    Check out the Overland Bound forum. Folks are always posting their outings and routes. I've learned of quite a few cool trails from them. I don't know of any near you but that forum is a good place to start. And pick up the GAIA GPS app too.

  19. #1019
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Very nice!

    Check out the Overland Bound forum. Folks are always posting their outings and routes. I've learned of quite a few cool trails from them. I don't know of any near you but that forum is a good place to start. And pick up the GAIA GPS app too.
    Thanks JC. Very helpful.

  20. #1020
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonunlimited View Post
    Thanks JC. Very helpful.
    Forgot the link! Here you go.
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums...s-and-events.7

    And a good overview of how to use GAIA plus a discount if you want the upgraded subscription.

  21. #1021
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    102
    You the man. Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Forgot the link! Here you go.
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums...s-and-events.7

    And a good overview of how to use GAIA plus a discount if you want the upgraded subscription.

  22. #1022
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,642
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonunlimited View Post
    You the man. Thanks
    Yup. I so need this too. I have no clue about offroad navigation. But if there's an app, I'll feel more at home.
    IPA will save America

  23. #1023
    Formerly of Kent
    Reputation: Le Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,635
    Why would anyone pay for GAIA when you can get Avenza for free?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

  24. #1024
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Yup. I so need this too. I have no clue about offroad navigation. But if there's an app, I'll feel more at home.
    More good info here. From your people.

    https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/o...ing-trails.22/

  25. #1025
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Attachment 1211319
    I had a 2007 tacoma and it was great, but sold it early 2017.

    Attachment 1211320
    driving this 1974 f100 now instead, with an isuzu 4bd1 diesel swapped in.

    Attachment 1211322
    Needed something a little more heavy duty to transport motorcycles, the tacoma was hitting bumpstops with 2 choppers in the bed. Pretty stoked on it!

  26. #1026
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Why would anyone pay for GAIA when you can get Avenza for free?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Better map layers (Nat Geo, USFS, Parks, Public Lands, etc.) perhaps? I've never used Avenza so maybe it's great but most of the overland community uses GAIA as their main and then a couple of others as backups.

  27. #1027
    Formerly of Kent
    Reputation: Le Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,635
    USGS maps (free) include all of that stuff.

    Iím not sure what needs the overland community has that thru hikers or bikepackers donít.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

  28. #1028
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    I'm a little bit closer to losing my Taco envy..... The TRD Pro is still drool worthy though.

    With all of the smoke and heat I have not been riding much. Instead I have been sweating it out in the garage working on the Canyon. It's now sporting a 2.7" front lift and 1" rear lift (Eibach Pro Truck and lift blocks), diff drop kit, extended sway bar end links and Tyger steps. The steps look like sliders but are definitely not up to that task because they use the factory running board mount holes which are in the body instead of the frame. They look good and make set up and take down of the roof top tent a lot easier.

    Taco envy-jvav0u7.jpg

    Taco envy-mfa8kp6.jpg

    I also picked up some Sonax Spray & Seal as well as their Brilliant Shine Detailer. These things are awesome! For quick and easy protection and water beading properties they are tough to beat. Makes washing the truck way easier too.

  29. #1029
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    The Spray & Seal product

  30. #1030
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    USGS maps (free) include all of that stuff.

    Iím not sure what needs the overland community has that thru hikers or bikepackers donít.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure but I've only seen a couple references to Avenza on the various overlanding forums. I'm downloading it now to check it out. Thanks for the reference.

  31. #1031
    Formerly of Kent
    Reputation: Le Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,635

    Taco envy

    FWIW, Iíve used it on solo trips, both on bike and foot, in some of the most remote places in the US. For example, some of the areas a good bit south and west of Moab, where there are no towns for days, on foot.

    One thing that always impresses me is the accuracy of the survey data produced by the USGS. In some cases, 100 years ago.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

  32. #1032
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,642
    Which one is the easiest? Best?
    IPA will save America

  33. #1033
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spindelatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    960
    Anyone have a tactrix cable and techstream? Apparently there is a secret ECU update (04B13) for the manual transmission with a poorly written TSB which says update is for AT only. Because of that dealerships seem to be hit/miss if they will do it. I don't have time to drive around to different dealerships, would rather ride.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  34. #1034
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spindelatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindelatron View Post
    Anyone have a tactrix cable and techstream? Apparently there is a secret ECU update (04B13) for the manual transmission with a poorly written TSB which says update is for AT only. Because of that dealerships seem to be hit/miss if they will do it. I don't have time to drive around to different dealerships, would rather ride.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Just wasted 2 hours at Toyota Marin (San Rafael)

    at least I got my free car washed

  35. #1035
    Hella Olde
    Reputation: DH40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,393
    Who is getting a 2019 TRD Pro?

  36. #1036
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    74
    Double Cab Long bed LIFE! Added a camper shell and Kuat NV 2.0 and Swing out.

    Taco envy-taco1.jpg
    Taco envy-taco2.jpg

  37. #1037
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindelatron View Post
    Just wasted 2 hours at Toyota Marin (San Rafael)

    at least I got my free car washed
    I spent over 2hrs at the dealer today. At so they did the tsb but I had to ask and almost insist. You could tell they only wanted to do the 10k service. So far itís an improvement driving, letís just hope the stupid thing doesnít learn itself horrible again. If it does Iíll probably just bite the bullet and buy the ovtune.

    They didnít wash nor vacuum out the truck. Didnít even ask if I wanted them to.

  38. #1038
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spindelatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    I spent over 2hrs at the dealer today. At so they did the tsb but I had to ask and almost insist. You could tell they only wanted to do the 10k service. So far itís an improvement driving, letís just hope the stupid thing doesnít learn itself horrible again. If it does Iíll probably just bite the bullet and buy the ovtune.

    They didnít wash nor vacuum out the truck. Didnít even ask if I wanted them to.
    which dealer? do you have an automatic transmission? which TSB?

  39. #1039
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,642
    I finally bought stock tail lights for the Taco. $50.

    And I sold my Subaru crosstrek. The conversion is complete

    IPA will save America

  40. #1040
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindelatron View Post
    which dealer? do you have an automatic transmission? which TSB?
    I went to Hansel Toyota which is where I bought the truck. I do have an auto trans and from the notes they did T-SB-0077-16 . I told them there was a lag in the transmission, especially from a stop and it often felt unsafe when trying to make a turn across a lane of oncoming traffic.

  41. #1041
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,009
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I finally bought stock tail lights for the Taco. $50.
    What tail lights were on there?
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  42. #1042
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,642
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    What tail lights were on there?
    Smoked, cheap, broken ones
    IPA will save America

  43. #1043
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,642
    I want new wheels now and big tires.

    Methods and KO2ís??
    IPA will save America

  44. #1044
    Snowflake
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,928
    I've been wanting the SCS Bronze rims for my white Taco. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...thread.502639/

    Quote Originally Posted by Picard
    You guys are useless.

  45. #1045
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I want new wheels now and big tires.

    Methods and KO2ís??
    Methods and Falken Wildpeak A/T3W. KO2 are good but too expensive. If you want better fuel economy stick with a more highway-friendly tread (yet do well off-road) like the new Cooper Discover AT3 4S or Geolandar AT G015 or Continental TerrainContact. All of the above rate well with Consumer Reports (top 5 or 6 for all-terrain) and are severe snow rated.

  46. #1046
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Ok, so back to Taco envy. Or is this just overland gear envy?

    You're a mountain biker and from NorCal so hopefully you're in here Dave.
    Taco envy-a9f41a7b-6e2f-4938-8a51-ed615a4eb3c6.jpg

    Taco envy-24b33979-46c4-4e3c-8ea3-4038d7bdf5e5.jpg

    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums...o-heavy.16021/

  47. #1047
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    309
    One note on the new Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s, it is P-metric not LT. If you want an LT tire in load range C or E then Cooper calls it the Cooper Discovered AT3 LT or XLT. That being said, most folks would be fine with a p-metric AT3. I'd only go with an LT tire if you actually off road or tow.

  48. #1048
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,642
    Taco envy-screen-shot-2018-09-10-1.01.38-pm.jpg

  49. #1049
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Someone asked about places to wheel in NorCal. Here are a couple of links to forums that list meetups, trip reports, places to wheel etc.

    Tacoma World
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/n...california.42/

    Overland Bound - Western US
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums...vents-q-a.159/

    Overland Bound - Trip Reports
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums...t-now-or-then/

    Overland Bound - Trails in GPX format for uploading to GPS
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums...and-routes.35/

    Same as above but these are OB approved route - Need to be a member of the site to view.
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums...wnloadable.29/

    Overland Bound - Build Threads (lots of nice Taco builds in here)
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums...build-threads/

    Tacoma World - Build Threads
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/builds.56/

  50. #1050
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,009
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Smoked, cheap, broken ones
    Much better with the stock ones

    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I want new wheels now and big tires.

    Methods and KO2ís??
    Stock Taco wheels hold a pretty big size tire. Maybe a lift if you go too big.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 6 Days Ago at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  51. #1051
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Much better with the stick ones



    Stock Taco wheels hold a pretty big size tire. Maybe a lift if you go too big.
    Aye they do. I get jealous when I see a Taco with a 285/70/17 and they didn't have to do much to make them fit.

    That said, I see a lot of 2nd and 3rd gens running 31.6" to 32" tires with no problems.

    265/75/16 (31.6"), 285/75/16 (32.8"), 255/75/17 (32.1"), 265/70/17 (31.6"), 275/70/17 (32.2"), 285/70/17 (32.8") etc.

    FWIW I would stick to the most common sizes like the 265/70/17 because it is easier to find a replacement if you have a catastrophic failure and need a new tire ASAP.

  52. #1052
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spindelatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    960
    but pretty similar to mountain bikers trying to run 2.5" tires on their XC bike, works fine if they aren't riding hard in dry conditions but when it gets muddy and/or rowdy the tires start rubbing.

  53. #1053
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Aye they do. I get jealous when I see a Taco with a 285/70/17 and they didn't have to do much to make them fit.

    That said, I see a lot of 2nd and 3rd gens running 31.6" to 32" tires with no problems.
    At least with the 3rd gens you typically have to do a cab chop and weld a flat plate on to fit bigger wheels. Not a huge deal, but not sure it fits into "didn't have to do much"

  54. #1054
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    At least with the 3rd gens you typically have to do a cab chop and weld a flat plate on to fit bigger wheels. Not a huge deal, but not sure it fits into "didn't have to do much"
    Interesting. I've seen threads on TW where they say they fit without mods. When you say a "cab chop" is that cutting of the pinch weld or something else?

  55. #1055
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Interesting. I've seen threads on TW where they say they fit without mods. When you say a "cab chop" is that cutting of the pinch weld or something else?
    I thought it was on even smaller tires, but apparently once you start going to 285's is where it becomes necessary. I'm still running stock on mine


  56. #1056
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisbtsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180
    Will be joining the roof top tent game this weekend, still rocking a 1st Gen Tundra though.

  57. #1057
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,899

    Esprit de four: Safety Clinic

    I attended this one day clinic at hollister OHV yesterday instead of riding. Its a single day event with a morning dedicated to classroom/demonstration and the afternoon out on the trails of hollister practicing what you learned that morning. The cost is $70 for the first driver and $60 for a second driver. They also serve up a tri-tip dinner afterwards for less than $10.

    Most of the trails and obstacles were chosen in order to practice such things as tire placement, ravine crossing, off camber, ascending and descending, backing/stopping and starting on ascents, and working with spotters. There are two clinics a year with one in May and the other in September. I highly recommend it.

    https://espritdefour.club/read-me/

  58. #1058
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    I thought it was on even smaller tires, but apparently once you start going to 285's is where it becomes necessary. I'm still running stock on mine

    ]
    Ah ok thanks for the clarification. I'm still learning about Tacos and what mods work. I'll likely move up to 285/70/17s ohh Canyon when my narrow tires wear out.... 2yrs from now.

    A guy from our GM forum and I hit up Signal Peak today. We started with the harder side then went down the easy side. It's doable in a stock TRD Pro but bigger tires and body armor would be helpful. My buddy took one of the alternate lines up the mountain in his mildly modded i4 turbodiesel. The blow off sounds so cool. Haha


    The GAIA GPS route - https://www.gaiagps.com/public/Cz9Nq0weQ69LBpHsyuFYV2RH

  59. #1059
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisbtsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180
    Picked up my hardshell Roofnest on Saturday. I took a little "nap" in it in the driveway when I got home. Can't wait to actually use it. I still need to come up with a good rack system for the truck.

    Taco envy-img_1799.jpg

    Taco envy-img_1802_90.jpg

  60. #1060
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    Picked up my hardshell Roofnest on Saturday. I took a little "nap" in it in the driveway when I got home. Can't wait to actually use it. I still need to come up with a good rack system for the truck.
    That's rad! I know a guy who does excellent rack work....

  61. #1061
    ask
    ask is offline
    user
    Reputation: ask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,046
    Not sure if this has been posted here yet... but pretty funny.

    https://youtu.be/KF14tTqoxBk
    "...That said, we exhausted the comedy material in this thread, so we're done here." -KMax

  62. #1062
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,572
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    not sure if this has been posted here yet... But pretty funny.

    https://youtu.be/kf14ttqoxbk
    lol

  63. #1063
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisbtsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180
    Oh man, that's great.

  64. #1064
    Bipolar roller
    Reputation: singletrackmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    960
    My brother in law just flew up this weekend to pick this up. I am envious.

    Taco envy-b1f053b9-6c5d-456d-8a76-f24b96e21da0.jpg
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.
    .

  65. #1065
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,009
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    Picked up my hardshell Roofnest on Saturday. I took a little "nap" in it in the driveway when I got home. Can't wait to actually use it. I still need to come up with a good rack system for the truck.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1799.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	1216748

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1802_90.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	1216749
    Nice! Whatís that puppy cost, um I mean how much does one of those hard shell campers cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  66. #1066
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisbtsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Nice! Whatís that puppy cost, um I mean how much does one of those hard shell campers cost?
    They're not cheap, thats for sure. but very easy to set up and put away. Takes less than a minute. This is the Eagle model which is the biggest one Roofnest has. I'd say it's pretty close to a queen size mattress. Retail is $2700 for it, plus about $250 for shipping. I had been looking at these for awhile when I found a very lightly used one for half price. I couldn't pass it up. The seller was in San Diego and even agreed to meet me half way.

  67. #1067
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,009
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    They're not cheap, thats for sure. but very easy to set up and put away. Takes less than a minute. This is the Eagle model which is the biggest one Roofnest has. I'd say it's pretty close to a queen size mattress. Retail is $2700 for it, plus about $250 for shipping. I had been looking at these for awhile when I found a very lightly used one for half price. I couldn't pass it up. The seller was in San Diego and even agreed to meet me half way.

    Wow, pricey for sure but you scored.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Similar Threads

  1. Tubeless Envy
    By campykid in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 06:46 PM
  2. Enduro envy (racing)
    By ajcsk8r in forum Specialized
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 05:35 PM
  3. Experiencing Rune Envy
    By Haus Boss in forum Banshee Bikes
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 07:48 AM
  4. Green with envy
    By sachase in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 03:16 PM
  5. Envy EXO Chainrings Anyone??
    By sc_slite in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 12:54 PM

Members who have read this thread: 361

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.