mtbr member
    Oct 2004

The sweetest fundraiser that gives back all year.

Redding Trail Alliance is a non-profit charitable group that started up one year ago. In that time, with the support of the local philanthropist organization McConnell Foundation and others, we have built 4 miles of new trail, maintained many more, converted an old road into a bike park style trail on BLM ground called the Enticer and built a junior bike park for the city of Redding that consists of a paved pump track, skills trail and jump line (all geared toward helping children get on bikes and progress to the point of riding trails).

Going into 2018 we have some pretty big plans but we need your help. In the spirit of the group, we have put together a fund raiser that gives more than it takes. Your donation of $40 will get you a beautiful 12 month wall calendar that features scenic riding destinations in the NorCal area (plus a couple in Oakridge).

This is where is gets good. That calendar is your entry into a raffle every week for the entire year of 2018. Most weeks are $50 cash, a few are gift cards from companies accessible by most, i.e. star bucks (a few are for local bike shops). The last week of every month is a raffle for $200 cash! The grand prize being raffled off at the end of the year is your choice of a carbon Santa Cruz or Julian S model bike of your choice! If you win one week, your name still goes back into the hat for every other week.

We have only printed 2,000 calendars. So even if we sell out you still have a 1 in 38 chance of winning something.

So you get the satisfaction of helping a group continue to improve nor cal riding, a sweet calendar, and entered into 52 raffles. Win, win, win.

Calendars can be purchased at any bike shop in Redding, or online at reddingtrailalliance.org

Thanks for your time!

The sweetest fundraiser that gives back all year.-rta-calendar-cover-1.jpgThe sweetest fundraiser that gives back all year.-rta-calendar-november.jpgThe sweetest fundraiser that gives back all year.-rta-calendar-august.jpgThe sweetest fundraiser that gives back all year.-rta-calendar-june.jpgThe sweetest fundraiser that gives back all year.-rta-calendar-march.jpg
    Last edited by Loki; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:31 AM.
    Redding Trail Alliance - www.reddingtrailalliance.org

Over it
    Jun 2010
    In.

I like calendars and free stuff. And new trails.
    Friends don't let friends ride e-"bikes" on dirt.

"I'm just a big snitch with man boobs!" ~ GGG

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks dirtvert!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    In.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Thanks for posting here. Looking forward to my new calendar & next trip to Redding! :-)

Catfish ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks Catfish! Next time you are up if you want someone local to ride with, give our group a shout out and we will do our best to show you the goods.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Just to show that your money will be put to good use, this is what we accomplished last year alone.

Besides maintaining over 10 miles of existing trails we undertook a huge operation that converted 1 mile of old road into a bike park style black diamond jump trail. This one mile of trail has attracted visitors from all over Oregon and California.
    Can we Entice you to Redding

Our last project we just completed was the Caldwell Junior Bike Park. A small bike park geared toward getting kids on bikes and letting them develop the skills they need to start riding trails.
    Caldwell Junior Bike Park Grand Opening Recap ‚ÄĒ Redding Trail Alliance

We have also been involved in promoting two events last year, a checkpoint race (I encourage to check out the pictures)
    Occupy Shasta Checkpoint Race: Recap ‚ÄĒ Redding Trail Alliance

and sponsoring a city wide MTB promotional event entitled the Mayors Mountain Bike Challenge.
    Mayors Mountain Bike Challenge ‚ÄĒ Redding Trail Alliance
    and it's sub-event based on social media
    George Squatchington ‚ÄĒ Redding Trail Alliance

The city has already given us a parcel of land near the Junior park to build a full scale bike park. We have aspirations of getting velosolutions to build one of their huge paved pump tracks. How well this calendar fundraiser goes, will be a huge determining factor on how quickly we can get that accomplished.

Cheers

Nate

mtbr member
    Nov 2017

E bik

Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    In.

i bought my calendar last week at the Bike Shop.
    Dirtvert, I guess we will never be friends. I will occasionally ride my E-bike on dirt trails. Iíve used mine to commute with over the past 6 years. I use it when ever possible to get to meetings, errands and volunteer work throughout the City. I have one steep climb to get home at the end of the day. If I didnít ride my E-bike, Iíd be driving my truck. My E-bike gives me the opportunity to get out and enjoy the trails, that I otherwise wouldnt be able to. I put about 50 miles a week the bike. Iíll put another 50 miles on other assorted bikes.
    Unfortunately as we get older we canít do things we used to do, despite fighting that realization as much as I can. Certainly not at the same pace. After several illnesses, a knee replacement and another staring at me in the future, Iíve definitely slowed down.
    So hereís to you staying injury free and forever young. Youíll probably still kick my butt on the dirt trails, so if you see me, just let me know youíre there and Iíll gladly pull over for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks for getting a calendar! Trust me, you guys could be friends in real life.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Not sure if this will be much of a motivation. But with 20 days until our first raffle, we only have 175 entries. So as of now, if you get a calendar you have more than a 1 in 4 chance of winning something!

Cheers

Nate

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Was enough motivation for me, got my calendar!