Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    zon
    zon is offline
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Reputation: zon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,352

    Super Moon this weekend!!

    This is going to make the Coolest 24 hour race very,,, Cool!!! May not even need lights for some portions of the course. This is going to be fun.

    Check it out here:Most "super" supermoon of 2013 on June 22-23 | Tonight | EarthSky


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TahoeBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,899
    Cool! I think a Moonlight ride over Freel pass may be in order.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beaverbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,869
    Now I'm definitely gonna go for a drunken stumble to the buttes this weekend.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverbiker View Post
    Now I'm definitely gonna go for a drunken stumble to the buttes this weekend.
    Dude...u gonna be in DVille this weekend? I'll be there tonight through Sat...hopefully we'll run into each other.

    Watch out for super werewolves everyone.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beaverbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Dude...u gonna be in DVille this weekend? I'll be there tonight through Sat...hopefully we'll run into each other.

    Watch out for super werewolves everyone.
    Yea, I'll be up there tomorrow thru sunday. Camping on the PCT at the top of the mountain for easy early morning departures. Riding Elwell on saturday if you're down.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,579
    Cool! I am staying at Diablo Campground which is just down the road from Packsaddle campground with a bunch of MTBR people...should be a party if you want to come down and drink a few. I know nothing of this Elwell but have a 12:30 shuttle lined up for Graeagle/Mills Peak Sat with Yuba.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

  7. #7
    mtbr dismember
    Reputation: Wherewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,333

    May see you

    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Cool! I think a Moonlight ride over Freel pass may be in order.
    Watch for me. Looks like I have someone to join me in a ride over Freel Pass. I'm not planning on finishing in the dark, but the last time I did the ride from Spooner Summit it was close.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TahoeBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf View Post
    Watch for me. Looks like I have someone to join me in a ride over Freel Pass. I'm not planning on finishing in the dark, but the last time I did the ride from Spooner Summit it was close.
    Your gonna be running really late if you do, our plan is to be on the pass about 9:30.

    Thanks for the heads up on this Zon, the event was not on my radar at all, now it's gonna be an epic night! Have fun with your race, should be killer.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

  9. #9
    mtbr dismember
    Reputation: Wherewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,333

    Long ride

    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Your gonna be running really late if you do, our plan is to be on the pass about 9:30.
    This is the longest ride I've ever done and last time we finished toward twilight

Similar Threads

  1. Memorial day weekend Moon ride
    By mtnbiker64 in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 05:37 AM
  2. CCCX super D #2 this weekend
    By hardboiled in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 09:00 AM
  3. Super brite full moon
    By JMac47 in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 02:42 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 12:47 PM
  5. Moon-Tastic Weekend
    By motoman465 in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 09:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •