mtbr member
    May 2006

Super D racing in San Jose

NMBS 2007 schedule include a stop in San Jose on May 20. Am I reading this correctly? In the December 06 issue of Mountain biking magazine, it say there will be XC and SD racing at this stop. With a big race like this coming to our town, this is definitely a race to go watch without having to drive far.

Where is the course? Does anyone know anything about this? And does SD really stand for super D?

Medium?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll
    NMBS 2007 schedule include a stop in San Jose on May 20. Am I reading this correctly? In the December 06 issue of Mountain biking magazine, it say there will be XC and SD racing at this stop. With a big race like this coming to our town, this is definitely a race to go watch without having to drive far.

Where is the course? Does anyone know anything about this? And does SD really stand for super D?
    So there definitely was something scheduled there. Here is the City of San Jose press release (PDF) about the overall San Jose Cycling Classic. It was originally scheduled to include BMX, Road racing and this NORBA event over two days.

However, somewhere before October 16th, this event dropped off the official NORBA calendar. If you look, I don't even see the press release at the city of san jose anymore. I think this whole event got nix'd.

Maybe this is in response to San Jose getting a Tour Of California stage ? Or just the funding fell thorugh ? Dunno and no one over at San Jose will return an email.
    /k
    NorCal MTB Racing Blog & MTBcalendar.com
    http://norcalmtnbikeracing.blogspot.com/
    http://www.mtbcalendar.com/

Fireball in the Night
    I should be able to get you a reply from the city... but it will have to be Monday.

~ Rex
    everyone drives a Used Car

Fireball in the Night
    May of 2008 is the reply I received. Took longer than Monday to get a reply, but I'm nearly certain this is accurate. News came directly from my contact at San Jose's OCA.

~ Rex
    Last edited by Rex_Skidmore; 12-07-2006 at 07:56 PM.
    everyone drives a Used Car

mtbr member
    May 2006

Where will it be held?

I am not visualizing any trail in SJ area that will work for super D style racing. Any idea?
    Unless is on a private ranch somewhere perhaps?

mtbr member
    the trails that it will be held on are on private property in south san jose. it'll be killer when it happens.

bikerbert
    The race was supposed to be near the IBM campus off of Cottle Rd. From what I was told, apparently there were issues between race organizers and SJ. Allegedly this race will be on the 2008 schedule.