mtbr member

Sunday South Lake Ride

I am a recent transplant living in South Lake Tahoe and I really want to get to know folks in the MTB community. Anyone want to do a good ride at some point on Sunday (11/25)? It would be super awesome to go explore Pinenuts or the Carson City trails, assuming there's not snow over there. I'm hoping to get in around 15-20 miles, at least 2 hours.

Or if there are any group rides happening...let me know!

Oh yeah, and happy Thanksgiving!
    Last edited by TheHoo; 11-23-2012 at 08:53 AM.

mtbr member
    No need to go to pine nuts as south lake is riding increadable right now. If you can ride Saturday I'm starting from the end of Columbine were railroad grade starts at 10:00 am. Corral, connector, sidewinder and Cold Creek are riding fantastic right now.

I managed to get a 5 hour ride in today, including all the trails mentioned above, even got close to Monument pass on the new monument pass connector trail.
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 11-23-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Working today unfortunately, thanks though! Good to hear about the trails here, I was just assuming the worst. I guess I'll leave Pinenuts for winter.

Come on y'all. Surely someone is riding tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Bump for anyone who whats to join today.

There is a chance I may ride Sunday, I'm leaning towards skiing though. I'll post up tonight if I plan to ride.

Type A
    I'd be up for a ride on Sunday. I'm down in El Dorado Hills, but I ride in Tahoe all the time. Send me a PM. Also if anyone wants a ride up from the Sac area, let me know.

mtbr member
    awesome I knew MTBR was good for something

mtbr member
    I'm out for Sunday, there's been a ski line that's been taunting me while riding the last couple days so I'm going for it.

Probably best to ride up Armstrong connector as once you top out on the flat area as it goes into the trees there is snow, so it might not be that fun to take the road up, besides it's 100% climbable right now. Also if you do Cold Creek, best to ride up it also because the fire road that runs though High Meadows is mostly covered by snow.

Few pics from today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunday South Lake Ride-s0050125.jpg  

Sunday South Lake Ride-s0090160.jpg  

Sunday South Lake Ride-s0100163.jpg  

Sunday South Lake Ride-s0120174.jpg  

Sunday South Lake Ride-s0160185.jpg  

mtbr member
    Now that I'm able to upload pics again here aree a few from yesterday

Cold Creek

Armstrong Connector

Monument Pass Connector
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunday South Lake Ride-a1.jpg  

Sunday South Lake Ride-a2.jpg  

Sunday South Lake Ride-a3.jpg  

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    Nice, I didn't think it had warmed up enough at Lake level to free up the lower trails. Looks amazing!

mtbr member
    TahoeBC,
    Great post and awesome pictures.
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

Type A
    The weather was perfect. I can't believe that no one wanted to join us. We hit power line to cold creek to the meadow, then back down cold creek. Once back down we took power line over to cedar incense then Sierra sidewinder to Armstrong connector, then down Armstrong connector and corral. We did run into one group of inconsiderate downhillers who didnt understand yielding to climbers. Otherwise, it was an ideal day.

However, at the top of the meadow and Armstrong connector, contending with snow and ice would be an issue if you continued climbing.

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhillthruthewoods View Post
    The weather was perfect. I can't believe that no one wanted to join us.
    Wanting to join you and being available to do so are very different things, my friend. I am one of likely very many that are feeling like we missed a great one. Count your blessings.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

Type A
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador View Post
    Wanting to join you and being available to do so are very different things, my friend. I am one of likely very many that are feeling like we missed a great one. Count your blessings.
    We are all captains of our own boats and anyone or anything else that you let control the rudder is a choice you have made. It's not about being available, it's that you made a choice that something else was more important. It has nothing to do with blessings... I'm not trying to be an ass, but I've ridden with thousands of people over the years and heard the same story. Yet, when you dig under the surface it's still a choice. I don't have anything against someone making that decision, but don't couch it as something it's not. You're only as free as you let yourself be.

At last count, 413 people have viewed this thread, but only one person agreed to ride. That's sad in my book. By the way, the original poster is a woman. I bet there would have been a lot more available riders had they known... Oh, and she rides hard. Great riding with you, Hoo.

mtbr member
    TheHoo there are plenty of ripping gals riding in the basin, you should have no problem hooking up next season. Most folks in Tahoe are in winter season mode and Sunday was the first day to ski after being blacked out on there value passes. You might also want to join TAMBA the local mountain bike club.

| The Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association (TAMBA) is dedicated to the stewardship of sustainable, multiple-use trails and to preserving access for mountain bikers through advocacy, education and promotion of responsible trail use.

Was indeed another killer day Sunday which I enjoyed back country skiing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunday South Lake Ride-tallac.jpg  

Uncle
    Ah yes, good point. Congrats to you for making such a great choice.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

NedwannaB

416 here

We are all captains of our own boats and anyone or anything else that you let control the rudder is a choice you have made. It's not about being available, it's that you made a choice that something else was more important. It has nothing to do with blessings... I'm not trying to be an ass, but I've ridden with thousands of people over the years and heard the same story. Yet, when you dig under the surface it's still a choice. I don't have anything against someone making that decision, but don't couch it as something it's not. You're only as free as you let yourself be.

At last count, 413 people have viewed this thread, but only one person agreed to ride. That's sad in my book. By the way, the original poster is a woman. I bet there would have been a lot more available riders had they known... Oh, and she rides hard. Great riding with you, Hoo.
    What's sad about this many people checking out a late Nov Tahoe ride thread? Unless they sent you a PM whining about not being able to go.....
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    What's sad about this many people checking out a late Nov Tahoe ride thread? Unless they sent you a PM whining about not being able to go.....
    I didn't even realize that much of Tahoe was still rideable. As one of those 413 people, I was curious. A little envious, sure - but Tahoe is a long drive from the Bay Area.

Glad to hear people are still getting some good rides in up that way

Elitest thrill junkie
    Love the Cold Creek picture, because it looks very much like the Hobbit Forest in Flagastaff, AZ, cept the trees and aspens are denser there, but just the combination of aspens, pines, and rocks. It's a neat section where you can take one of many lines, launch off one of many boulders, etc.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    I read most all the threads about Tahoe, because if Iím not there I want to be there and I enjoy seeing evidence of others enjoying Tahoe.
    How did I get a buzz kill while reading a thread about great riding on one of my favorite trails in November? Choice or not, it looks like you all had a great ride.