PRETENDURO

Sunday. South Bay. San Jose area. Rides?

All you fancy pants people without kids and Saturday obligations are going on rides. Who else besides me is forbidden* from riding Saturdays, who would be willing to meet up for a ride on Sunday? STCP? Boring Sierra Azul cardioclimbs?

*I am allowed to race on Saturdays, just no social rides
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    no kids: check
    obligations:none
    cardio climbs: unsure. as long as i can make it down them with skinnies, yes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    What time were you guys gonna be at STCP?

mtbr member
    Grab your single speed and take a run out to El Sombroso ? I'm sure there will be some 2nd annual dogs out there picking up their prizes too! Just sayin !
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 06-09-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    What time were you guys gonna be at STCP?
    What time is a good time? 9:00AM? I’ll bring the fatty—just mounted new tires front and rear. Wanting to try out the 9oz. lighter rear tire (the expensive-ass $150 version ) to see if it is noticeably lighter on climbs.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Grab your single speed and take a run out to El Sombroso ? I'm sure there will be some 2nd annual dogs out there picking up their prizes too! Just sayin !
    Don’t currently have the bike set up as a singlespeed. In fact, I am in the process of converting it into an IGH setup pretend roadiebike with drop bars and 24"x3.5" wide slicks mounted on 2.5" wide rims.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Team Odd Bike UNITE!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    9:00am... I'll be at St. Leo The Great confessing my sins. I'll be out there around noon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    LP, I'm crashing out now just so I won't be late. Imagine, me, not late. hahahahah.

PRETENDURO
    Dion…*so you will or will not be there? I am confused now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Dion…*so you will or will not be there? I am confused now.
    9:00am... I'll be at St. Leo The Great confessing my sins. I'll be out there (riding) around noon.
    Yeah buddy.

PRETENDURO
    OK, so a different St. Leo’s than I had initially assumed. Got it. Hopefully we’ll bump into you around noon.

PRETENDURO
    Was a short ride, but got a few footies in. Sorry Dion, we couldn’t wait. It was getting hot out there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I haven't left the house yet. I'm waiting until it cools down, trails will probably be empty and True Blood will be on my DVR when I get home

PRETENDURO
    I haven't left the house yet. I'm waiting until it cools down, trails will probably be empty and True Blood will be on my DVR when I get home
    No idea what a true blood is (my wife is black, but from Africa, so all that “yo blood, whassup yo N*bomb!” stuff is lost) but today was all about heat tolerance. At 6:30AM I noticed it was already 57°F outside. You might want to wait until at least 6PM before going out there.

mtbr member
    I saw you guys this morning I think. That is unless someone else was riding a Pugsly at 9AM this morning.

As I waited for my wife at Stiles, it was entertaining to hear you guys talk about there being no hikers on Stiles this morning.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashWorship View Post
    I saw you guys this morning I think. That is unless someone else was riding a Pugsly at 9AM this morning.

As I waited for my wife at Stiles, it was entertaining to hear you guys talk about there being no hikers on Stiles this morning.
    Sort of like a Pugsley. Kind of a “step up” from a Pugsley, it’s a Chain Reaction Cycles’ 9:zero:7. Aluminum frame, a bit more aggressive geometry. I had a Pugsley, rode it for 1,410 miles, and realised I needed a frame that was 1 pound lighter. LOL!

We lucked out going up Stile Ranch, as there were no hikers from the Fortini side up to the top, however, later on going from the bridge to the peak and then back down, there was a metric clusterf*ck of the sort of clueless hikers—the sort you see standing in the middle of the trail, yet they just sort of stare at you with a deer-with-eyes-in-the-headlights sort of glazed daze as you’re frantically ringing your bell at them.