Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hazardous to your health!
    which is also near the school i use the school on weekends and the lakeside beverages on weekdays
    2011 Specialized Rockhopper: Captain Tires, Disc Brakes, 24 speed

Upgrades:
    Shimano Clipless pedals
    x9 Rear Derailleur

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What about Salmon Falls?

Let's Ride!
    Me and a friend of my wife's are working it out, but I'm thinking we'll shoot for getting to the school between 10:30 and 11:00 and ride from there.........I'll make it a set time if anyone else wants to meet us........

Let's Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    Yup, definitely not my kind of ride! I ride to relieve stress, not add to it. Even if I could maintain their pace, I don't like to make my rides any more dangerous than they already are. I have enough to worry about dealing with inattentive/ignorant/aggressive drivers. Also, since I use my bicycles for transportation and utility, the last thing I need is to be off the bike with a broken collarbone or other injury.

Why am I talking like this when I'm a mountain biker, you ask? Because I don't take too many chances on mtb rides either.
    I agree, there's a line........I don't wanna cross........

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemlows View Post
    Me and a friend of my wife's are working it out, but I'm thinking we'll shoot for getting to the school between 10:30 and 11:00 and ride from there.........I'll make it a set time if anyone else wants to meet us........
    I'll be there at 10:30 at the school. Keep in mid there is a church that uses the school on Sun A.M. so the parking lot maybe packed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-FXR View Post
    I'll be there at 10:30 at the school. Keep in mid there is a church that uses the school on Sun A.M. so the parking lot maybe packed.
    St Marinellos built themselves a church home up the road on Folsom Auburn Rd. The parking lot might br crowded with lacrosse or soccer players, but its nothing like what it used to be

TBF is doing a triathalon at GB. There will be trail runners on the trails and fire road south of the beach. Make sure to give them room.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    St Marinellos built themselves a church home up the road on Folsom Auburn Rd. The parking lot might br crowded with lacrosse or soccer players, but its nothing like what it used to be

TBF is doing a triathalon at GB. There will be trail runners on the trails and fire road south of the beach. Make sure to give them room.
    Oh that's right about the new church. I live down the street from the owner of TBF so yes they get plenty of room and encouragement from me when I'm out there as well. I pick all the trails I can to keep off the race course but at times you can't.

Let's Ride!
    we may be slightly late, ..... ..........

doug
    Last edited by digthemlows; 04-15-2012 at 02:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sorry to hijack the thread - but I am just planning a trip to the US (from the UK) and we are looking for new areas to ride in North California, I think we drove through Auburn last year on the way to Downieville? Is there much riding around the Auburn area that is worth stopping for? Cheers. Leon.

mtbr dismember

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by ltheisinger View Post
    Is there much riding around the Auburn area that is worth stopping for? Cheers. Leon.
    Yes, but when would you arrive? It gets pretty hot in the summer. Here are some photos. Lots of photos, maps, GPS tracks here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Looking at Early September? That's when we arrived last time and it seemed about perfect? Thanks for the pics and links - much appreciated.

mtbr member
    we may be slightly late, ..... nine one 6, two zero 8, five two zix five ..........

doug
    K I'll be slightly late as well so no worries....

mtbr member
    Looking at Early September? That's when we arrived last time and it seemed about perfect? Thanks for the pics and links - much appreciated.
    There are plenty of trails in and around the Auburn area. September can be hot as well, last year was unseasonably cool. Stagecoach, connector, Foresthill Divide trail, back on connector to culvert to confluence for an Auburn "in-town ride." If you want other rides near Auburn that are others that worth hitting.

Let's Ride!
    oh what fun today was!!

mtbr member
    I got there late and forgot your phone#, I asked a few other riders in the parking lot but none of them had heard of MTBR....wow can't believe that...lol Have to catchup next time.

oh what fun today was!!
    i agree! this is Eric lol

Upgrades:
    Shimano Clipless pedals
    x9 Rear Derailleur

mtbr member
    but none of them had heard of MTBR....wow can't believe that...
    We are actually in the minority of mtb riders.
    Its actually rather inspiring that there are so many more mtb riders running around than just the few that show up here on mtbr
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Let's Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by hazardousmtb View Post
    i agree! this is Eric lol
    yep, we'll do it again.....salmon falls next?? I'll be in touch

X-FXR, sorry we didn't hook up.....next time!!

doug

im down for salmon falls but im not too familiar with the area

Upgrades:
    Shimano Clipless pedals
    x9 Rear Derailleur

mtbr dismember

Tahoe?

Skip Auburn. Tahoe is not much more than an hour away and it is by far the best place to ride in northern California in September.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf View Post
    Skip Auburn. Tahoe is not much more than an hour away and it is by far the best place to ride in northern California in September.
    September, Tahoe is much more comfortable because of the heat. If you want to ride Auburn (many great trails), do it early and plan on being done riding before 10am; past 10am the temperature really starts to climb.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterMustard View Post
    A good way to extend GB is to start at the Cavitt Junior High parking lot. Stay right and ride past the gate, around the locker rooms, then along the fence of the fields to the fence. From there ride the dirt path to the levee then take that to the GB boat ramp area. Here is what I rode last Saturday:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...ee602eb1945f29

(Don't mind the time, there was a race going on so it was much slower than normal due to runners all along the levee)
    Hey Dexter do you happen to have a Garmin file for this ride? Don't ask me how but I tried to do it on sat morning and somehow I ended up at Biels Point lmao ... I eventually found it though but so many little trails going left and right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2