Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sunday morning 12/30/2012 Kennedy boring fireroad ride

2K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  Dion 
#1 ·
Yep! I am thinking the same crew from Thursday should be showing up (you know who you are!!!) and of course hoping Nelson34 will also show. Theme will be getting Marco to his 500,000 footie benchmark for 2012. Oh, and no-dabs up Dogmeat to whoever shall require it.

Meetup point/time: Kennedy @ Top-o-the-Hill @ 10:00AM Pacfic Time.

#4 · (Edited)
Is this Sierra Azul ?

In Los gatos right? I have heard it has hills ... nic named ... brothers/sisters? and that tough guys ride up some Dogmeat trail nonstop and then also no dab the bastid brother hills on the ridge trail for additional personal glory? That just sounds rigidonkylous and yes .... I'm in ! ;) Shaping up to be a hella kick ass get together ! :smallviolin::drumroll::rockon::lol:

#14 ·
Marco ... Dion and his brother were out and about today. Nothing to be jealous of LP. I froze on the way back down Kennedy today. :eekster:
:lol: I really thought we did Dogmeat! Sorry for the false alarm, B.

We did 3,200' in 12 miles today. That was brutal, and I think it was good for my bro. He and OTC own the SC trails, so today was interesting for him, since he's so used to high cadence and less bear and grind.

I was taking a leak in the potty with my glove tucked under my chin, and - in sloooowwwww mooooootion - it fell into the toilet! I rode all the way up with only one glove, and my hand froze! My brother was kind enough to lend it to me on the way down. He said he was okay, but I know he could feel it.

So, anybody that took a potty break pee'd on my glove.

It took me 2 hours to thaw out, and I still ain't right. My eyes are still puffy (and no, I didn't partake in ganja today :p) and I feel BEAT. I think the body just expends a crap load of energy trying to keep itself warm.

#11 ·
Apparently I have permission. The wife won't be joining -- she has mid morning plans.

That said, 10am is either hours after I generally start riding or just as I am waking up :)

I should be there.

-j
Cool ... are we gonna bring the ss or are you gonna do a dogmeat no dab for the win/t-shirt?
I will wait for you at the trailhead ... and ... I'll be your huckleberry! :thumbsup: Shoot me a pm if need be.

#12 ·
I plan to be there. Got the small front sprocket replaced today which hopefully will fix my "gear suck" issue. Might be able to pedal up at least some of dogmeat this time :|

Would also be interested in chatting about a possible new bike purchase. Should I make the switch from 26 to 29er? Not so much 26 available these days.

See everyone by the dunny. (We'll see who knows what that means.)

Cheers

#17 ·
I got a crap load of stuff to do tomorrow, like take down my Christmas lights and A LOT of work stuff. I only got a couple of days before the year closes out, so it's down to the wire for me. I'm gonna bow out and probably just do some roadie hills tomorrow in the afternoon.

#24 ·
I might make an appearance as well! I was going to stay up late tonight to get ready for tomorrow night at work but I miss riding with you fellas! It has been too long. My MTB hasn't seen any action in a while so I needs to get out. Will be a social pace for me most likely as I feel like crap lately. If I go, I will ride up from downtown LG the super secret back way. If I am not at the Summit Bike store by 930, either I slept in or I will try to catch up. Later homies!

#28 ·
If I am not at the Summit Bike store by 930, either I slept in or I will try to catch up. Later homies!
Paul, just to be sure we're clear on the starting point for this ride-the intersection of Kennedy@Top-o-the-Hill-Road at 10:00AM. Oh, and it's a mountain bike ride, not a white-kit-only roadie ride. :rolleyes:

#27 ·
Yep, looks like a good time today! :band: I just have to finish another large mug of coffee and do some stretching for 1/2 hour or so. I’m going to see if I can leave with 45 minutes to spare so I don’t have to freakin’ race over there like I always seem to do anyway. :rolleyes:

#33 ·
Was a good ride! 3 confirmed no dabs up dogmeat today. Brett made it on the fat bike, Tosa made it and I made it. Special props go to Marco Boldt who had one little spin out but was using 1X10 gearing and to Brett for making on that pig of a bike. Sick! Got to bs with Squashyo about juicing and other things which made the climb up kennedy tolerable. Who would have thought his company and the word tolerable would be in the same sentence? Good riding with all of you and to some I had never met before.

Paul

#34 ·
Fun ride today

Great riding with a fun group of mtbr folks today. Sorry to skip out ... but with no takers for power pole I bailed early. Craig and I may ride tamale so we will be fresh for that one. Dion ... someone dug out your glove and left it at the trailhead near the signs. Prolly could wash it in bleach? Other pic from today is showing the business end of some of the guys showing their stuff for the yard sale ! :smilewinkgrin: Branch Organism Twig Bird Nature reserve

Trousers Jeans Denim Walking Outdoor shoe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.