Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PRETENDURO

Sunday 12-16-2012 Kennedy slopfest 9:00AM Top-o-the-Hill

Be there! Everywhere else nearby will be closed. Kennedy@Top-o-the-Hill intersection, 9:00AM. Looks like Nelson34 and I are already committed to being there, on our fatbikes (for an extra measure of PAIN). Anyone else? Mboldt? Ancient Rascal? Tosa? Lily’s Dad? Froride? Gxglass? Who else will come out to get their bikes completely mudded out? It will be cold and wet, dress accordingly.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Puro Vida!
    Hopefully it'll be raining to add to the cold!

PRETENDURO
    Bassn might be there too! The more, the merrier.

Mboldt??? A great chance to get 5,000+ footies if we play our cards right. I don’t have any specific curfew tomorrow, so we can ride all freakin’ day if need be.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yep, I'll do my best to show. I figure my bike is already dirty from SC and a little more dirt wouldn't hurt. I'll be bringing the squishy bike since the HT is awaiting its new drive-train .

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Why not go up Priest Rock and hang a right on Limekiln instead? Better ride, better climb, and far less boring than Kennedy. Just my 2 cents of course.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebo View Post
    Why not go up Priest Rock and hang a right on Limekiln instead? Better ride, better climb, and far less boring than Kennedy. Just my 2 cents of course.
    I was thinking of going up Kennedy, down Dogmeat, up Powerpoles, and then out Woods and up Barlow. Starting from the Kennedy side is a bit more convenient, for me at least, since I ride to the trails from my house.

Hipster
    Ok, see you there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm actually going to do the figure 8 starting from El Sereno today. Have fun boys and be safe.

mtbr member
    Maybe we see you out there. LG man and I start from overgrown at 10:15 ish I give LP a call when we hit the trail. Dang I slept in and got up late like motorbacon did once ! Found dem bastids ! Sunday 12-16-2012 Kennedy slopfest 9:00AM Top-o-the-Hill-1216121221.jpg
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 12-16-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

PRETENDURO
    Great riding with you all today! Here is the damage report, courtesy of Strava:

mtbr member

You guys did some climbing

Nice ! 7500 feet of climbing for You guys. LG man and I got 3000 feet on an out and back to El Sombroso from Overgrown. New riding buddy AusiGreg will be joining us on some of our up coming rides.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Great riding with you all today! Here is the damage report, courtesy of Strava:
    Nicely done boys. Great to see you guys still getting the big rides in during winter.

mtbr member
    Alan,

Haven't seen your riding stats too much these past months. You getting in rides still or doing some covert training? Hope all is well.

Paul
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Alan,

Haven't seen your riding stats too much these past months. You getting in rides still or doing some covert training? Hope all is well.

Paul
    Hey Paul,

All is well and I'm still riding. I've been riding a bunch of low intensity stuff the past few months trying to build a solid foundation. A few months back I started developing some knee aches and decided to cut back a bit on the high intensity stuff. If all feels well, I hope to join you guys in some CCCX races this season. Just not sure what category I'll be in yet. I'm just glad I'll be out of your age group next year .

Glad to see you back out there hammering away! Stay healthy and can't wait to see you tear it up this upcoming season.

VRC Illuminati
    Saw you guys riding down as I was heading up! I did....slightly less riding.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Saw you guys riding down as I was heading up! I did....slightly less riding.
    Were you riding up Woods, or up Kennedy? Saw a small handful of people riding both trails.

Oh, and say “HI!” next time, we like to chit-chat. Not like I was going for any silly KOMs that day—we were in endurance mode.

On a side note, looks as though I’ll be riding up there tomorrow morning (Tuesday December 18, 2012). If anyone wants to join in on all the “fun”, lemme know (post here or PM me). Probably will be able to make it to Kennedy @ Top-o-the-Hill at around 10:00AM. More than likely I’ll be on my big orange fatbike since there will probably still be sloppy spots on some of the trail sections.
    Last edited by Leopold Porkstacker; 12-17-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Aussie Battler
    Dec 2012

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Nice ! 7500 feet of climbing for You guys. LG man and I got 3000 feet on an out and back to El Sombroso from Overgrown. New riding buddy AusiGreg will be joining us on some of our up coming rides.
    Took me a day to register but here I am. Only the second time I've mountained non-solo. This year's turkey ride was the other. Need to work on my dizzy gears before the next ride so I can get back to first gear for climbing

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by gregk2001 View Post
    Took me a day to register but here I am. Only the second time I've mountained non-solo. This year's turkey ride was the other. Need to work on my dizzy gears before the next ride so I can get back to first gear for climbing
    Hey hey hey!!! Welcome Greg the Aussie!!! No turning back now. Ancient Rascal and I will make sure you get bored of doing “boring-ass fireroad climbs” this winter up and down Kennedy/Sierra Azul/Barlow/Woods/Limekiln/Overgrown/Powerpoles/etc. while the other nearby trails are closed due to the rain.

Aussie Battler
    Dec 2012
    Hey hey hey!!! Welcome Greg the Aussie!!! No turning back now. Ancient Rascal and I will make sure you get bored of doing “boring-ass fireroad climbs” this winter up and down Kennedy/Sierra Azul/Barlow/Woods/Limekiln/Overgrown/Powerpoles/etc. while the other nearby trails are closed due to the rain.
    Thanks. My most common ride is Priest/UpperLimekiln/KennedyRollers/Dogmeat. Done Kennedy climb a few times, Woods a few times, Barlow once but not much time spent on on the bike, and El Sereno quite a few times. Oh, St Joe's just to mix it up occasionally.

Hope to get out there more than just once a week over the xmas break. Rain, hail or shine (yes, been up top of El Sereno when it was hailing, freezing my whatevers off.)

mtbr member
    +1 Welcome Greg ! You will have to meet the STCP social pace group also ... riding at Santa Teresa which is the local hangout of Dion and LP's band of merry/scary men !

PRETENDURO
    I lied. I didn’t end up going back up there this morning (December 18th). It was probably too cold. Or something. Planning on going tomorrow instead, hopefully it will be 4° warmer.

mtbr member
    I lied. I didn’t end up going back up there this morning (December 18th). It was probably too cold. Or something. Planning on going tomorrow instead, hopefully it will be 4° warmer.
    Please Lord .... May you run into Darcio tamale so he can exact revenge on ur arse for this ballchinian injustice ! Maybe I join you if you bring something real heavy to make things more equitable !

PRETENDURO
    Geez! Looks like it’s colder today than yesterday up there!!! Gonna’ freeze my frickin’ balls off today!

mtbr member
    Geez! Looks like it’s colder today than yesterday up there!!! Gonna’ freeze my frickin’ balls off today!
    Put on a turtleneck sweater?

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Put on a turtleneck sweater?
    Need some 1980s leg warmers for that sort of ensemble. Rumour is that you and Squashy are going to be out there for a Dogmeat no-dabs around noon? That might entice me to give er a go on the no-dabs business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast