Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    789

    Stolen from Toro Park... Utterly heartbroken.

    Really, I'd prefer not to get into complete detail as this is already an ongoing investigation, but I hope the people/persons that broke into my house, and made off with my livelihood get what they deserve. What I can say is my bikes were under lock and key, not left out, thus was not my negligence. There is a special place for people that steal bikes... I hope you go there. As some of you guys that read my posts know, I was looking forward to the Cccx season starting, and it's a killer I'm out not one, but all of my bikes, just really a sh*tty feeling.

    Here's what they got away with-

    2012 Specialized Enduro Expert
    2011 Specialized Epic Comp Carbon
    2012 Giant Anthem 29er...

    Yeah, lots of hardware.. Lots of painstaking time spent working to afford such nice stuff.

    Thanks in advanced for recommending CL, parts swaps, pawn shops, garage sales, insurance, etv, and all the other usual outlets, I'm all about checking these frequently to get my stuff back. Really, just for anyone that knows me, and what I ride to be on the lookout. I appreciate any help I can get.


    Regards-




    TWM
    - .... . / .. -.. .. --- - ... / .... .- ...- . / - .- -.- . -. / --- ...- . .-.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,984
    So bummed!!! Will definitely keep my eyes peeled!
    I'm not sure how this works.

  3. #3
    singletrack bound
    Reputation: Tone No Balone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,358
    Just got in from a ride and sat down and opened this.....W.T.F. I mean, its like someone punched me in the stomach and knocked the wind outta me!!!! Can't help but feel for ya man! Visions go though my head of opening up the bike room door and seeing all the bikes gone! I really wish for the best outcome and you recover those babies! Borrow a bike from a friend if you can and keep riding!

    Tone~
    Sorrel Seeker !!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14
    I know exactly how you feel. On Monday night, Tuesday morning. I had my Giant trance and a a newly built 2013 nomad C (custom build) stolen from my garage. It is truly a heart breaking experience. Even though you may be compensated by your insurance company (hopefully you have some form of insurance); you feel violated and lose that sense of security.

  5. #5
    Light freak
    Reputation: scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,465

    You might try this search engine

    Got lucky and found my buddies bike using it -

    https://racklove.com/stolen-bike-finder/


    ****

  6. #6
    PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Reputation: StuLax18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,288
    Sorry to hear about this. I'm about to go remove my bike from my car in the parking garage after reading this. Not worth risking it overnight.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

  7. #7
    100% Recycled
    Reputation: Sworksrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    47
    Sorry.............

    I will be scanning all bikes in the hood.


    Park

  8. #8
    locked - time out
    Reputation: iheartbicycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,228
    Quote Originally Posted by twowheelmotion View Post
    Really, I'd prefer not to get into complete detail as this is already an ongoing investigation, but I hope the people/persons that broke into my house, and made off with my livelihood get what they deserve. What I can say is my bikes were under lock and key, not left out, thus was not my negligence. There is a special place for people that steal bikes... I hope you go there. As some of you guys that read my posts know, I was looking forward to the Cccx season starting, and it's a killer I'm out not one, but all of my bikes, just really a sh*tty feeling.

    Here's what they got away with-

    2012 Specialized Enduro Expert
    2011 Specialized Epic Comp Carbon
    2012 Giant Anthem 29er...

    Yeah, lots of hardware.. Lots of painstaking time spent working to afford such nice stuff.

    Thanks in advanced for recommending CL, parts swaps, pawn shops, garage sales, insurance, etv, and all the other usual outlets, I'm all about checking these frequently to get my stuff back. Really, just for anyone that knows me, and what I ride to be on the lookout. I appreciate any help I can get.


    Regards-




    TWM
    Do you have any recent pics you can post?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    Dude...

  10. #10
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,599
    that sucks!

    If you have any information you can share, I'll keep my eyes open.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squareback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by twowheelmotion View Post
    What I can say is my bikes were under lock and key, not left out, thus was not my negligence.


    2012 Specialized Enduro Expert
    2011 Specialized Epic Comp Carbon
    2012 Giant Anthem 29er...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post

    Visions go though my head of opening up the bike room door and seeing all the bikes gone!
    It sounds like they were not in plain view?

    My experience says it was someone you know....

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: olowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    36
    Really sucks, I would start searching craigslist and pinkbike to see if they try to unload them. And remember they are prob willing to drive to the southbay to sell them so check SF listings to.

  13. #13
    PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Reputation: StuLax18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,288
    If you can post pics, that would help. I'm a visual person, so if it pops up somewhere I might recognize it better if I've seen it before.

    Specially for a fellow Giant rider.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14
    I would recommend that anyone who has a high end mountain bikes (which I assume everyone here), have some sort of insurance that covers them. I was fortunate enough that my "renters insurance" covered my bikes. Its about 200 dollars a year. It is well worth it.

  15. #15
    PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Reputation: StuLax18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,288
    Renters insurance ftw! I was required to have it, and it pretty much paid for itself.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    789

    Still Looking!

    I'm really appreciating the MTBR peeps right about now! Thanks to you all for all the help and kind words.. Such as DIE THIEVES and what-not.
    - .... . / .. -.. .. --- - ... / .... .- ...- . / - .- -.- . -. / --- ...- . .-.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carl Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,655
    Knowing that you live in Toro Park (small community) and probably ride out of your house to and from the trails, logic says someone that lives close by is involved. Sorry about the bikes man. That sucks a fat one.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    Knowing that you live in Toro Park (small community) and probably ride out of your house to and from the trails, logic says someone that lives close by is involved. Sorry about the bikes man. That sucks a fat one.
    Thanks, Carl. Frankly, everyone in the hood knows me as "the guy that fixes bikes and has a lot of bikes". Now, everyone in the hood knows I got ripped off. I feel even more used since when I do fix people's bikes, I don't charge for sh*t like cables, I will patch tubes, I'll true your POS wheel etc. I work mainly for beer and conversation, I buy my supplies like my cables like every other schmo from the LBS.. I'm just a bike guy, people know that. A LOT of people know that. I do ride from my house, am actively involved with the MTB community locally, offer up countless hours of trail work, and take pride in our little neighborhood. When we talk about "someone I know", it's a vague term since my little garage really is Toro Park's pseudo "bike shop" yet, it's just my garage.
    Funny (as in peculiar) how just moments after I discovered I'd been robbed, I had about 20 people, including the cops, in my yard within minutes, offering assistance and believe that they are also looking for what belongs to me. Word of mouth spread that quickly, and I'm hopeful someone helps me, and I get my bikes back. I want the guys that jacked me to know that they are not true mountain bikers ever, and same goes for anyone out there riding a stolen bike, IMO. You may be fast, but youll never escape the fact that your bike is stolen. Fact.
    - .... . / .. -.. .. --- - ... / .... .- ...- . / - .- -.- . -. / --- ...- . .-.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carl Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by twowheelmotion View Post
    Thanks, Carl. Frankly, everyone in the hood knows me as "the guy that fixes bikes and has a lot of bikes". Now, everyone in the hood knows I got ripped off. I feel even more used since when I do fix people's bikes, I don't charge for sh*t like cables, I will patch tubes, I'll true your POS wheel etc. I work mainly for beer and conversation, I buy my supplies like my cables like every other schmo from the LBS.. I'm just a bike guy, people know that. A LOT of people know that. I do ride from my house, am actively involved with the MTB community locally, offer up countless hours of trail work, and take pride in our little neighborhood. When we talk about "someone I know", it's a vague term since my little garage really is Toro Park's pseudo "bike shop" yet, it's just my garage.
    Funny (as in peculiar) how just moments after I discovered I'd been robbed, I had about 20 people, including the cops, in my yard within minutes, offering assistance and believe that they are also looking for what belongs to me. Word of mouth spread that quickly, and I'm hopeful someone helps me, and I get my bikes back. I want the guys that jacked me to know that they are not true mountain bikers ever, and same goes for anyone out there riding a stolen bike, IMO. You may be fast, but youll never escape the fact that your bike is stolen. Fact.
    Any teenage neighbors with a suspected drug problem? I'm being serious.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    789
    YEP. Suspect #1 AND Suspect #2..

    Said people were acting pretty shady when a group of us rolled up and down their street after this all happened. Cops tried to get some of them for questioning, because of course they always return to the scene of the crime, but without probable cause, nothing can be done.
    - .... . / .. -.. .. --- - ... / .... .- ...- . / - .- -.- . -. / --- ...- . .-.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    26
    My worst nightmare. I worry about mine being stolen all the time. Im really sorry for you. Good job posting pics. I dont know you, but your bikes are saved in my memory, and I will keep an eye out. What sizes are they?They look like Med or large to me.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    36
    Makes me angry to hear about this - I usually run trails in Toro/Ord every other day - I thought this was going to be a parking lot incident. It sounds like the culprit definitely has a certain familiarity with the place/house and people. - Probably someone who isn't working/ busting their as-es for a living.... Is everyone you help out local to the neighborhoods there? The Toro Park area neighborhoods seem pretty stable. Workers who do local house maintenance don't usually break into homes - the neighborhood is their customer(s)/clients. I second the suggestion that it is someone under 25, probably not working much (if at all), and you have seen this person on more than one occasion - just a guess..... hope you nail the bastard. - Gus

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: M3ichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    120
    Do you have home owners or renters insurance?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,885
    THANKS MTBR peep's for keeping your eye's out for my bro TWM's rides.

    - They are both Medium size bikes.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14
    I been checking for both of our bikes. I'll be sure to message you if I see anything, or help in anyway I can to bring back your babies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •